Re: RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Postby ceileigh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Hmmm I'm a 10.5 womens so I guess a M/L sock size

thanks!

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm a size 9 ladies, so I think that's M/L if going with DeFeet sizing.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Cupcake Girl wrote:I'm a size 9 ladies, so I think that's M/L if going with DeFeet sizing.

I'd say medium... I'm an 8.5 and a medium is roomy on me.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:54 pm

thanks!

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

medium it is. Thanks!

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm

ultraslacker wrote:answer on the socks (sort of):
They come in XS to XL, unisex sizing. But they didn't give me corresponding shoe sizes. I would assume it's comparable to defeet, where I wear S/M with an 8 1/2 women's shoe. If you're a 13 men's, probably go with XL.

I will adjust the shopping cart today to show the various sizes. Those who have already placed orders for socks can send me your size preference here or via pm and I will manually update your order. :)

Works for me I guess. I hate trying to figure it out. I have an XL (I think) defeet and It's just barely the right size, so I'll get a few pair and hope for the best.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Any word on the sizing for the women's singlets - or did I skip over the update?

In the meantime, is there any way to "hold" a buff? Or, should I buy the buff now - and then add a singlet once sizing is sorted? So many questions, sorry!!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:51 pm

abirdd wrote:Any word on the sizing for the women's singlets - or did I skip over the update?

In the meantime, is there any way to "hold" a buff? Or, should I buy the buff now - and then add a singlet once sizing is sorted? So many questions, sorry!!

I'm 95% sure you can have one of our buffs.

Unfortunately, they just don't work well for me......I'll talk to IB in the morning, but, in the meantime -assume you can have one! :)

I'd even be willing to drop it off one day - Dexter and I like having outings! :)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 pm

abirdd wrote:Any word on the sizing for the women's singlets - or did I skip over the update?

order a singlet in the size that you think is right, and then if we have to change it later we can.

I'm STILL waiting for the supplier to get me that info. They said they would get it ASAP but that was days ago. :roll:

(hopefully this is not indicative of how well they'll do with our gear...)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Irongirl wrote:I'm 95% sure you can have one of our buffs.

Unfortunately, they just don't work well for me......I'll talk to IB in the morning, but, in the meantime -assume you can have one! :)

I'd even be willing to drop it off one day - Dexter and I like having outings! :)

I'm thinking the buff won't work for running (I am a confessed hat girl), but I would like it for times when I volunteer, around the pup's neck... I'm sure I'll figure a way to work it into the wardrobe :dance:

So, you like getting out, huh?! I'm all the way out in Almonte - from Orleans, it's over an hour drive. You sure you want to go THAT far!?! Mind you, I tend to head into Ottawa or out your way from time to time. I'm sure we can set something up :D

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 pm

ultraslacker wrote:order a singlet in the size that you think is right, and then if we have to change it later we can.

I'm STILL waiting for the supplier to get me that info. They said they would get it ASAP but that was days ago. :roll:

(hopefully this is not indicative of how well they'll do with our gear...)

Placed my order - and I'll watch for updates on the sizing. Worse case, if you don't hear anything back - I'll look into the men's option/sizing, and see if going that route would work.

Thanks to everyone involved in putting this gear order together. I know it's NOT easy!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:20 pm

abirdd wrote:
Irongirl wrote:I'm 95% sure you can have one of our buffs.

I'm thinking the buff won't work for running (I am a confessed hat girl), but I would like it for times when I volunteer, around the pup's neck... I'm sure I'll figure a way to work it into the wardrobe :dance:

So, you like getting out, huh?! I'm all the way out in Almonte - from Orleans, it's over an hour drive. You sure you want to go THAT far!?! Mind you, I tend to head into Ottawa or out your way from time to time. I'm sure we can set something up :D

good thing I didn't say 100% sure! Turns out we only have 2 - I thought we had 4......so, we will need to keep our 2 for the kids.

sorry. :(
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Irongirl wrote:good thing I didn't say 100% sure! Turns out we only have 2 - I thought we had 4......so, we will need to keep our 2 for the kids.

sorry. :(

No worries! I sent payment through today for a singlet and a buff. Did you want to hang onto the money for the buff, in case something (a buff or hat) turns up? Or, maybe I will invest in a shirt too, for volunteer days. Let me think about it tonight!

gymnastgirly
Johnny Miles

Postby gymnastgirly » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

I'd love to order a hoodie but the budget says no until payday on the 28th - is there a firm deadline for when they need to be ordered by?

And I don't suppose anyone knows the how the hoodie sizes run?

2011 plans
Resolution Run - 48 min (walked...it was COLD!)
WPS Half Marathon - DNF, 1:20ish at 10.75km
Fargo 5K & 10K - 5K walked 48 something. 10K 1:13:55
Try a Trail series
And others TBD...

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

gymnastgirly wrote:I'd love to order a hoodie but the budget says no until payday on the 28th - is there a firm deadline for when they need to be ordered by?

the hoodies should be the same as last time, since we're getting them from the same supplier.

I am 5'4" and got a medium, and it is roomy on me. I'd probably go for a small this time. I don't know how big/small you are. :)

You can order now and pay next week. That's not a problem. We just want to get the order in.

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:58 pm

i'm so torn. i really want an orange hoodie for cheering... so much easier to be spotted by runners that way, and i usually end up wearing my orange tech shirt over a longsleeve shirt or sweatshirt.

but an orange hoodie is so hideous (orange doesn't suit me). the only place i could wear it is at the sideline of a race. :lol:

ideally, i'd just get two hoodies... :think:

gymnastgirly
Johnny Miles

Postby gymnastgirly » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:13 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
gymnastgirly wrote:I'd love to order a hoodie but the budget says no until payday on the 28th - is there a firm deadline for when they need to be ordered by?

the hoodies should be the same as last time, since we're getting them from the same supplier.

I am 5'4" and got a medium, and it is roomy on me. I'd probably go for a small this time. I don't know how big/small you are. :)

You can order now and pay next week. That's not a problem. We just want to get the order in.

I'm 5'2", so based on your description, I'm guessing a small would be best for me - thanks for the help! I'll put my order in tonight then.

2011 plans
Resolution Run - 48 min (walked...it was COLD!)
WPS Half Marathon - DNF, 1:20ish at 10.75km
Fargo 5K & 10K - 5K walked 48 something. 10K 1:13:55
Try a Trail series
And others TBD...

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm

is there an order deadline... I need to get a few minutes to put the order together.... (probably tomorrow) is that too late?
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Lazagna wrote:is there an order deadline... I need to get a few minutes to put the order together.... (probably tomorrow) is that too late?

end of the month.

of course, if the supplier doesn't get back to me about shirt sizing, I might can them and find a new supplier. :evil:

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am

finally got the sizing chart for the singlets!!

www.runningmania.com/shop/images/singlet_size_chart.pdf

men: double-check your sizes too, as the chart apparently has *changed*. The message I got from the suppliers said that they had to re-measure and re-do them.

Note: If you have already placed an order and want to change your requested size, just let me know (either in this thread or via pm) and I will change it for you.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 pm

All my singlets were destroyed in the flood. I have an UA tank that I kept out but it is ribbed and really stretches. If I measure it I am an XS in one measurement and a 2XL in another :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: Guess I'll just stay with medium in the middle and hope for the best!

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Any idea on the cycling jersey sizes?
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm

ceileigh wrote:I found the sizing chart for the cycling shirts (provided they are club cut). It is here:

http://champ-sys.com/retail/sizing-chart

The link to the bike shirt sizes is listed above!

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm 6'2', should I get one?
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 pm

ceileigh wrote:All my singlets were destroyed in the flood. I have an UA tank that I kept out but it is ribbed and really stretches. If I measure it I am an XS in one measurement and a 2XL in another :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: Guess I'll just stay with medium in the middle and hope for the best!

I'm in the same boat - when I compare my "favorite" singlets against this chart, nothing matches up! All of mine seem to be slightly longer in front/back lenght, and I like it that way. :shifty:

So, I'll leave my order with a Women's Medium as well...

Return to “Gearing Up”