RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Re: RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Postby Hammie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Joe Dwarf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
Marg wrote:Should I ignore the payment email then?
I guess so... I put it through on my end, so I assume he canceled the one sent to you...?
I assume when I transferred it over that the other one is no longer valid, so ignoring the email is the correct thing to do. My end is not showing it as "paid" yet - I'll give it another day and check again. The money was pulled from my account when I did the original payment. First time doing this email payment thing.

Depending on your bank, they expire after 30 days if they haven't been retrieved and the money goes back into your account without penalty. You just can't access that money until it bounces back to you. If you pay to cancel it ($3.50 charge with CIBC), you get the $$$ back in your account right away.
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 pm

I really don't know what size to order ... I ended up wearing men's sizes in the axis wear as the womens were too short.I had a betty style but never wore it because it was not long enough. But a men's singlet is one item that doesn't transfer very well! Guess I will just guess and hope for the best ... I really like the new designs! And though sizes are a dilemma sizes are hard no matter what you do (short of having the stock to try on and that would be pretty much impossible!)!!!!!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 pm

ceileigh wrote:I really don't know what size to order ... I ended up wearing men's sizes in the axis wear as the womens were too short.I had a betty style but never wore it because it was not long enough. But a men's singlet is one item that doesn't transfer very well! Guess I will just guess and hope for the best ... I really like the new designs! And though sizes are a dilemma sizes are hard no matter what you do (short of having the stock to try on and that would be pretty much impossible!)!!!!!

Marg does have a few samples in Ottawa, but her schedule is crazy so it would be tough to coordinate trials. I wonder if someone with more time on their hands could get the samples from Marg and then coordinate with a few people to try them on...?

Worst case, order now and then you can change your requested size once we get the info (if they ever send it to us!!).
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 am

I know everyone is crazy anxious, but can you make the deadline the last day of Feb? I am crazy busy getting things ready and leave for Churchill at some ungodly hour early next week, but will place my order as soon as I get back..

Please, with sugar? :pray: :pray:
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 am

DonnaRigs wrote:I know everyone is crazy anxious, but can you make the deadline the last day of Feb? I am crazy busy getting things ready and leave for Churchill at some ungodly hour early next week, but will place my order as soon as I get back..

Please, with sugar? :pray: :pray:

That will be up to Marg... and I think depends on what you want to order, as she wanted to get the tech order in before the hoodie order.

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:00 am

Ultraslacker - that's what I am going to do order now and if we get sizes and if I realize I need to change before the order goes in, then request a size change. As I said, it is so hard to get sizes. I find women's sizing is especially all over the map. Not much anyone can do about it! Maybe some day we will be so big we'll have our gear in stores all over Canada :D

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:10 am

I only have samples of the tri shorts, and a marathon singlet, which is male specific. No running singlets unfortunately.
If anyone locally wants to see the shorts and try them on, I have all sizes for male and female.

I still haven't heard back on the women's sizing so will call today.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:10 am

ultraslacker wrote:
ceileigh wrote:I really don't know what size to order ... I ended up wearing men's sizes in the axis wear as the womens were too short.I had a betty style but never wore it because it was not long enough. But a men's singlet is one item that doesn't transfer very well! Guess I will just guess and hope for the best ... I really like the new designs! And though sizes are a dilemma sizes are hard no matter what you do (short of having the stock to try on and that would be pretty much impossible!)!!!!!

Marg does have a few samples in Ottawa, but her schedule is crazy so it would be tough to coordinate trials. I wonder if someone with more time on their hands could get the samples from Marg and then coordinate with a few people to try them on...?

Worst case, order now and then you can change your requested size once we get the info (if they ever send it to us!!).

Hmmm ... A potential Ottawa Downtown Luncheon M&G in the works, possibly ... :shifty: :wink:

As for sizing ... for those Maniacs who acquired any of the Bman's Livestronger and/or Tri-the-World schwag .... I am pretty sure that they were from the same supplier ...
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:12 am

Same supplier Andy, you're right.

Andy, if you want to get this swag, let me know. I'm not in M&G shape right now.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 am

Marg wrote:Same supplier Andy, you're right.

Andy, if you want to get this swag, let me know. I'm not in M&G shape right now.

Great ... If there is a "will" to have a luncheon M&G in the next week or two ... I'm game .. perhaps, an opportunity to meet the newest edition to the RM Fold ... aka Dexter's debutant, perhaps ??? :shifty: :pray: :pray: :pray:

As for the Tri and Tank Top (Men's) sizing ... I went with medium for the Tri-the-World schwag ... the tank top was fine, but the Tri Top was defiitely well fitted, imo ... :shifty: :wink: :oops: and, the tri shorts fit me well in a medium ... again, I will confirm my sizes later tonight / week ... as a point of reference ...
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Socks indicate "one size" as the only option. What size will they bey. If they are typical size that go up to size 12, I will be bummed as I want some new socks that are XL in size, ie size 13+...

I would LOVE to have RM socks..
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Lazagna wrote:Socks indicate "one size" as the only option. What size will they bey. If they are typical size that go up to size 12, I will be bummed as I want some new socks that are XL in size, ie size 13+...

Still trying to get an answer on that...

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 pm

k peeps, we got the final proofs for the items we were waiting on, so I'll post those tonight for you to see (can't do it from work).

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:50 pm

I just wrote off my cycling shirt and some technical tanks due to the restoration crews goof up post flood so looks like the insurance company will be buying my RM gear! :roll: :D

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 pm

ceileigh wrote:I just wrote off my cycling shirt and some technical tanks due to the restoration crews goof up post flood so looks like the insurance company will be buying my RM gear! :roll: :D

good stuff!!

I am trying my best to get answers to the questions that have been posted... as soon as I know, you guys will know! :)

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 pm

I did measure my cycling shirt before it was thrown out. I was surprised at the measurements ... mind it you it sat four months in sewer water :evil: and it stunk!!! But at least I have an idea of size now!

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Lazagna wrote:Socks indicate "one size" as the only option. What size will they bey. If they are typical size that go up to size 12, I will be bummed as I want some new socks that are XL in size, ie size 13+...

Still trying to get an answer on that...

Great, thanks for letting us know.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 pm

I am VERY available to help out with sizing and samples - I have tons of "free" time during the day........I can even come to you (if I can get the stuff from Marg).
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Irongirl wrote:I am VERY available to help out with sizing and samples - I have tons of "free" time during the day........I can even come to you (if I can get the stuff from Marg).

thanks Kiza! why don't you connect with Marg... she might not be checking this thread every day.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Irongirl wrote:I am VERY available to help out with sizing and samples - I have tons of "free" time during the day........I can even come to you (if I can get the stuff from Marg).

thanks Kiza! why don't you connect with Marg... she might not be checking this thread every day.

will do!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 am

here's the revised proof for the socks:

I thought they sent the shirt one too but this was it. No big surprises here!

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 am

ultraslacker wrote:here's the revised proof for the socks:

I thought they sent the shirt one too but this was it. No big surprises here!

looks good, hope to get some if the sizes work out. I sometimes hate having big feet. :(
Upcoming Races:

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 pm

HCmD wrote: As for sizing ... for those Maniacs who acquired any of the Bman's Livestronger and/or Tri-the-World schwag .... I am pretty sure that they were from the same supplier ...

Same supplier as their everyman marathon too?

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 am

Here is what the Tri shorts look like:
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 pm

answer on the socks (sort of):
They come in XS to XL, unisex sizing. But they didn't give me corresponding shoe sizes. I would assume it's comparable to defeet, where I wear S/M with an 8 1/2 women's shoe. If you're a 13 men's, probably go with XL.

I will adjust the shopping cart today to show the various sizes. Those who have already placed orders for socks can send me your size preference here or via pm and I will manually update your order. :)

Return to “Gearing Up”