Sweaty bands

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Re: Sweaty bands

Postby ceileigh » Wed May 18, 2011 2:40 pm

I can mail if you want. I can also see what time my friend is in class and where she lives as she goes to the same agility centre as I do and lives in Montreal. However mail is not a big deal.

Also since my mother's passport has expired I will have to take her to Fairview to get a new one :roll: :lol:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 18, 2011 2:49 pm

jes wrote:
ceileigh wrote:I have made a successful sweaty band pickup and returned to Canada with them! :D

It was not without adventure ...

We are waiting in the customs line up and I look at my mom's passport and note it EXPIRED in February! Uh oh ... So we get to the customs guy, he doesn't say much, then asks me to shut the car off and get out of it. ???? They tell us to go inside - they are doing a 'routine' scan of the car. My mom, who's sciatica is acting up (and is 81) says 'can't I just wait here while you look at it?" But no they take the car and in we go. So my mom is thinking it is her fault and they are going to lock her up and I am laughing because it really was just one of those routine every X car things and there are like 20 of us in customs waiting to get our cars back. Ten minutes later we were out of there. Did my pick up and got some groceries and came back home!

Loads of fun! Now back to work!

Oh boy! What a shopping adventure! I've never been pulled in for an xray or search, but I always get so scared in the line up!

We're working out the transfer details, but it looks like we'll exchange them next week at ORW. Dr. S, are you coming to town for the race? I can't remember.

Good thing you did not have the Contraband sweaty headbands, when you got scanned at Customs, eh !!! :shifty: :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 pm

They were in my purse and they let me take my purse in with me (and my SIGG too) so even if they were in the car would not have been scanned! Actually I answered every question at both customs honestly and given that the sweaty bands were for more then one person and are not expensive per item they would have been within limits. I know I've picked up stuff for people before where the total was over the limit but it was divided between several people and that made each individual's total ok so they let me through without paying duty.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 18, 2011 3:08 pm

ceileigh wrote:They were in my purse and they let me take my purse in with me (and my SIGG too) so even if they were in the car would not have been scanned! Actually I answered every question at both customs honestly and given that the sweaty bands were for more then one person and are not expensive per item they would have been within limits. I know I've picked up stuff for people before where the total was over the limit but it was divided between several people and that made each individual's total ok so they let me through without paying duty.

Had we known of your road trip, we could have gotten you to pick up a whole lot of shoes from Holabird Sports .... :lol: :wink: :shifty: :shifty:

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 pm

I can go back ...

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Wed May 18, 2011 8:11 pm

ceileigh wrote:I can go back ...

I can see it now...
"Do you have anything to declare?"
"Just a few pairs of running shoes" :lol:

In terms of the SB pick up - I am planning on hitting kit pick up first thing Friday morning; as I've got to be back in Almonte for work by 11:30am. If you want to meet on the Friday morning, I'm game. Alternatively, I'm hoping to make the M&G on Sunday. Worse case scenario, I send some money and we go the shipping route.

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Wed May 18, 2011 8:18 pm

As a sidebar... I just mentioned to the hubby the Sweaty Bands have arrived. He says "Oh ya, did you know they have a booth at the Expo next week?"
Okay, DH has NO interest in running - NO interest in my gear - but somehow pays enough attention to the radio to know Sweaty Bands is coming to town. :roll:

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 pm

They haven't listed on FB yet that they are in Ottawa ... oh well .. I was going over anyway

I will be at the expo at 10 or pretty close to if you want to meet! PM me and we can figure out where to meet (how about the sweaty bands booth if they are there LOL)

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Wed May 18, 2011 8:45 pm

ceileigh wrote:They haven't listed on FB yet that they are in Ottawa ... oh well .. I was going over anyway

I will be at the expo at 10 or pretty close to if you want to meet! PM me and we can figure out where to meet (how about the sweaty bands booth if they are there LOL)

I know - the FB page has nothing. You'd think Donna would be pushing it by now - since Toronto was listed well in advance. I just looked up the list of exhibitors, and voila - Derek was right. Sweaty Bands, Booth 1609, so in the middle section of the floor plan http://runottawa.ca/media/Expofloor2011.pdf

I'll send you a PM early next week once I have my scheduled nailed down - but I'm thinking 10am would work nicely. I'll have Duncan and Pierce with me, so just listen for the "waaaa-ter" :lol:
Last edited by abirdd on Thu May 19, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

abirdd wrote:As a sidebar... I just mentioned to the hubby the Sweaty Bands have arrived. He says "Oh ya, did you know they have a booth at the Expo next week?"
Okay, DH has NO interest in running - NO interest in my gear - but somehow pays enough attention to the radio to know Sweaty Bands is coming to town. :roll:

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING??? After all this! Oh man!

Oh well, I'm getting my headband either way :D

Meeting up at the expo should work. I'll PM you next week with my cell number and we can try to meet up. Zack should be up from his nap between 9:30 and 10, so we should be able to make it then.
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 am

No big deal ... I was going over anyway ... got my VFF bikila lace version and my REI event running jacket which both got baptized today in the rain! Also brought my mom out for a few hours and I have been so busy lately I have not had a lot of time to spend with her. Besides which they might have brought the ones you wanted anyway!

I will listen for WA .. Ter and you listen for GATORADE!

but seriously I am in Ottawa in the east end tomorrow ... if I have time I may head up carling and go to critter jungle so if anyone is around for a drop off let me know!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 am

fyi ... :shifty: :wink:

WORK AT OTTAWA RACE WEEKEND EXPO FOR $$$$
Kristin W. Marvin (Announcements)

SWEATY BANDS Inspiring Fitness is looking for a person to WORK for $100/day at the expo. Thursday 4pm-8pm 50$, Friday 10am-8pm 100$, Saturday 9am-4pm 100$. Cash up front. You get free lunch and awesome sweat bands for your hair. Women are preferred :)
You would wear work-out clothes the whole day and have a lot of fun with music and sooo many people to chat with!
It's a great opportunity! Even if you can only work ONE of those days she will take you. She needs someone each day!
IF you are interested PLEASE email Merle Trichon ASAP. Her email is:
merletrichon@SweatyBands.com

Kristin W. Marvin
marvthemartin@hotmail.com

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

I picked one up at the Expo and I really, really like it. I have to try it on a run to see if it keeps my hair back now . . .
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 pm

I said some grumpy things as I walked past the sweaty bands booth today :roll:

So I understand that the bands have been given to an Ottawa maniac (of course I can't remember who!) and the transfer is to be made at the M&G on Sun!
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri May 27, 2011 9:24 pm

They are with abirdd

I picked up a pretty one and noted it looked bigger then the others. I tried it on but it was still too small. THe sales help asked the main person if they had any with a larger circumference and she really blew me off - basically said no one needed larger. When I said I was a 7 5/8 hat size she said she had no idea what I meant. I said I took a men's 7 5/8 hat size - womens hats do not fit me. She just said that no one needs them bigger.

So much for sales and service! I really like their head bands and styles but ... blah!

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 am

jes wrote:I said some grumpy things as I walked past the sweaty bands booth today :roll:

So I understand that the bands have been given to an Ottawa maniac (of course I can't remember who!) and the transfer is to be made at the M&G on Sun!

I've got them for the M&G pass off, but have no idea who's getting what (see my message Jesse!)...

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Sweaty bands

Postby Kelodie » Sat May 28, 2011 6:48 am

What is so special about them? I'm now wondering if I should get one for myself!

I don't do headbands well - they all fall back behind my ears (don't stay in place).
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Sweaty bands

Postby VeloCarrie » Sat May 28, 2011 6:56 am

Kelodie wrote:What is so special about them? I'm now wondering if I should get one for myself!

I don't do headbands well - they all fall back behind my ears (don't stay in place).

Headbands don't stay on me either, that's why I wanted to try them. Heavy black bangs are not ideal when running so I like something to hold them back. It seems these might be the answer if they work during my run today. They use a velvet material against the top part of the head instead of a rubber/latex & that somehow gives a better grip in your hair - but I'll see today how successful it is.

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Sweaty bands

Postby Kelodie » Sat May 28, 2011 7:08 am

Trail Child wrote:
Kelodie wrote:What is so special about them? I'm now wondering if I should get one for myself!

Headbands don't stay on me either, that's why I wanted to try them. Heavy black bangs are not ideal when running so I like something to hold them back. It seems these might be the answer if they work during my run today. They use a velvet material against the top part of the head instead of a rubber/latex & that somehow gives a better grip in your hair - but I'll see today how successful it is.

Let me know!

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sat May 28, 2011 7:29 am

Kelodie wrote:
Trail Child wrote:

Let me know!

They really keep your bangs out of your face and they don't slip off. I have problems keeping hairbands in and these ones stay on for me. I bought the super thin sparkly ones at the expo and worked out with them last night. Worked like a charm!

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Sweaty bands

Postby Kelodie » Sat May 28, 2011 7:59 am

Hum... Maybe I should ask Sonia to pick one up for me at the expo today. :think: how much are they selling them for at the expo?

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Sat May 28, 2011 8:38 am

Kelodie wrote:Hum... Maybe I should ask Sonia to pick one up for me at the expo today. :think: how much are they selling them for at the expo?
$
There are three sizes, thin, medium and large. I paid $17 for my medium. I think the smalls were $15 and the thick bands were $20. The fabric choices were extensive! My friend got a thin sparkly purple one for $15.

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sat May 28, 2011 8:43 am

If it helps, the "expo deal" was buy 5 of any size - get your 6th free
Prices were the same as the website - just in Canadian funds.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Sat May 28, 2011 8:44 am

Even though they do not fit me and the sales rep was pretty rude with me I still say they are really nice and the velvet is a nice material. They are a good product! Many orange patterns to choose from too! (and yes I have the extra one from the RM order ... it got stuck in my purse pocket)

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 am

ceileigh wrote:I picked up a pretty one and noted it looked bigger then the others. I tried it on but it was still too small. THe sales help asked the main person if they had any with a larger circumference and she really blew me off - basically said no one needed larger. When I said I was a 7 5/8 hat size she said she had no idea what I meant. I said I took a men's 7 5/8 hat size - womens hats do not fit me. She just said that no one needs them bigger.

I have to say, I was REALLY annoyed with the attitude and condescension from the SB rep (not the hired daily help). It was pretty clear if you were not buying from her "perfect fit for everyone" selection, then she could have cared less. Perhaps she's not aware people who've had brain surgery or any surgery near the ears may have other issues to contend with in selection. Ugh!

The flip side, SB pretty decent compared to other bands I tried - so what do you do?!

Return to “Gearing Up”