jackets?

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Re: jackets?

Postby Habs4ever » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I voted "either", but would prefer the podium jacket. We also committed to buying two.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 pm

here's the windblock jacket--you can see the pocket-baggy-thing on the profile pic.

"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 pm

do we know why the listing states that there should be two pockets at the front?
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Irongirl wrote:do we know why the listing states that there should be two pockets at the front?

the podium jacket has pockets at the front, the windblock doesn't

(description from internet listing)

The Podium Jacket provides medium thermal and wind protection for transitional seasons and climates Firewall 120 provides ultra light, supple true windproof protection • Raglan sleeves • 2 comfortable front zip pockets • Comfortable fitting thermal cuffs

The windblock Jacket provides sublimated light wind and rain protection - Firewall 100 offers a comfortable balance between water resistance and breathability • Well positioned underarm mesh vents for ventilation and seam reduction • Lightweight and packable

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 pm

the hip measurement for the Medium is 39 inches relaxed, with about 1.5 inches of stretch.

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 pm

ceileigh wrote:Not a big fan of jackets that only have back pockets especially with elastic tops so I'm on the fence on this one. The description of the podium jacket on the website says it has front pockets. Did they lie?

(The Podium Jacket provides medium thermal and wind protection for transitional seasons and climates Firewall 120 provides ultra light, supple true windproof protection • Raglan sleeves • 2 comfortable front zip pockets • Comfortable fitting thermal cuffs //// The windblock Jacket provides sublimated light wind and rain protection - Firewall 100 offers a comfortable balance between water resistance and breathability • Well positioned underarm mesh vents for ventilation and seam reduction • Lightweight and packable)

ah - this is what confused me.

carry on.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

jackets?

Postby abhainn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 am

Does anyone know upsizing. Like, if the medium has a 39" waist do they add 1 or 2 inches to the large, then another 1-2" to the xl?

Now that i see it on Holly, I like the fit/style of the windblock for running, but I HATE the back pocket, but there have to be pockets. So I'm on the fence and need to think about it some more. Do I want to spend nearly $100 on a jacket I would only wear cycling when I haven't been cycling all that much since moving here?

Holly, what's your deadline for making the decision to order or not?
Andrea Michelle

------------------------------------------------

"There are no fish in my pond"

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 am

abhainn wrote:Holly, what's your deadline for making the decision to order or not?

I personally don't have a deadline. If we get the minimum number (or close) to agree on a jacket, then we'll look at design and go from there.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 am

Sorry guys. I think that I'm out for the jacket order. I already have a shell and can't spend the money on a more casual jacket like the Podium since I already have a lot of other coats that would serve the same purpose. I was hoping to buy a slightly more insulated jacket to run in this winter. Good luck getting the minimum order.
Carm

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 pm

next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out