Bill Crothers

Re: Canadian Cartel Moving Comfort Sale

Postby abirdd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Gah - totally missed it while away :(

ratherawkward
Bruce Kidd

Postby ratherawkward » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 pm

abirdd - I think MEC still has a bunch of the Moving Comfort bras on clearance, FYI.
PR's so far: 5K 27:15, 10K 55:25, 21.1K 2:10:53, 42.2K 5:21:27
Upcoming: Toronto Women's 5k in May, STWM Half in October

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:28 pm

If you made an order and have yet to receive it I was just told by Canadian Cartel that the orders are supposed to be hitting the mail today.
More than three weeks had passed since I placed my order so this was the news I received when I followed up today.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Marg wrote:If you made an order and have yet to receive it I was just told by Canadian Cartel that the orders are supposed to be hitting the mail today.
More than three weeks had passed since I placed my order so this was the news I received when I followed up today.

This is pretty normal for Canadian Cartel. When you order, it gives you an approximate shipping date/week and the MC sale had a shipping date of early February IIRC. I'm glad to hear that they will be shipping soon.
Carm

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm

carm wrote:
Marg wrote:If you made an order and have yet to receive it I was just told by Canadian Cartel that the orders are supposed to be hitting the mail today.

This is pretty normal for Canadian Cartel. When you order, it gives you an approximate shipping date/week and the MC sale had a shipping date of early February IIRC. I'm glad to hear that they will be shipping soon.

Thanks for the update - I was just wondering that this week.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 pm

RedRam is on right now!! I just ordered two pieces :) I got hooked on this as my base layer last year but haven't been able to find it local this year (Bush stopped carrying it). I'm so happy!!!
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm

jes wrote:RedRam is on right now!! I just ordered two pieces :) I got hooked on this as my base layer last year but haven't been able to find it local this year (Bush stopped carrying it). I'm so happy!!!

Do you use it for running? is it nice? how does the weight compare to ice breaker?
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:15 pm

jes wrote:RedRam is on right now!! I just ordered two pieces :) I got hooked on this as my base layer last year but haven't been able to find it local this year (Bush stopped carrying it). I'm so happy!!!

They're quite reasonably priced! I don't need any more base layers but that's a good deal at $35 a pop. I actually use synthetic base layers and merino mid-weights. It still blows my mind that your new Icebreaker jacket keeps you super warm. I should look into that for next winter.
Carm

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:41 am

I got a shipping notice on my moving comfort stuff last night!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:

Do you use it for running? is it nice? how does the weight compare to ice breaker?

I only use RedRam/Icebreaker tops (and jacket) for running. I like RedRam as a base layer bettern than IB, as I find it a bit softer and not as 'silky'. But after buying it once last year at Bush, they don't carry it anymore. I think it's a similar weight to IB, but I'm not sure. They're made by the same company though.
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

Return to “Gearing Up”