Forerunner 210--replaced with 10 (report)

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Forerunner 210--replaced with 10 (report)

Postby Jwolf » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:55 am

The autolap limits of 1k or 1 mile would be too limiting. Because the 110 didn't have interval workouts, I would set the autolap as a replacement. So if I was doing 800m intervals I'd set the autolap for 800m and then manually lap the rest intervals. I still didn't love that though because I like to be able to have current lap distance and time on a separate screen. Which is partly why I got a different watch.

I guess you can still do interval workouts manually, old school style, but with the benefit of the lap time and distance afterwards. But you can't review the laps on the watch with the 110 or 10- only on the computer.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

5km
Bill Crothers

Re: Forerunner 210--replaced with 10 (report)

Postby 5km » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:59 am

How is the current or instant pace?

Does it fluctuate a lot?

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:49 pm

5km wrote:How is the current or instant pace?

Does it fluctuate a lot?

The 10 (and 110) doesn't have instantaneous pace- only current lap pace or average pace.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 pm

If you have the 110 you should clear it out once in a while. When it gets full, it misses the first few hundred metres of a run as it clears off old data to make room.

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:30 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Thanks for the review!

After 7 runs, does it start erasing the oldest one? that surprised me a bit that it's so limited. I have the 110, and I don't know if I've ever deleted workouts - will it warn me it is full? I like to keep all my data, so I download them every time I charge my watch, which is probably once a week or so, depending on how much I run outside that week. I guess 7 would be enough for me.

Yes, it automatically overwrites the oldest run once you get to seven.

As far as average pace vs. current pace: At my level of running, either is good enough to estimate how I'm doing--and it seems they both can be inaccurate at any given moment.

RE: intervals: This is not a sophisticated timing device, for sure. Any intervals I do will be on a track or on a stretch of street that I have previously measured off. When I grow into the need for more bells and whistles on my watch, I'll buy a new one.
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

NoQuit
Percy Williams

Postby NoQuit » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:31 pm

I have a 110 with a HRM strap. It's pretty good for my basic wants, but it has a very annoying, widespread, problem : my computer won't recognize it unless I plug/unplug it 5 or 6 times. Frustrating....

Hearing about all the problems with various models, my next watch will not be a Garmin.

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:30 pm

NoQuit wrote:I have a 110 with a HRM strap. It's pretty good for my basic wants, but it has a very annoying, widespread, problem : my computer won't recognize it unless I plug/unplug it 5 or 6 times. Frustrating....

I had this problem with the Forerunner 10. Its replacement, the Forerunner 25, had Bluetooth pairing with a phone to transmit workout data. No more cords and cradles. I am liking it.
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

Return to “Gearing Up”