North Face Isotherm WS Jacket . . .

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
NMG
Bill Crothers

North Face Isotherm WS Jacket . . .

Postby NMG » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:06 am

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd post a quick review of this jacket. I picked it up yesterday as my previous running jacket fit a little too big for my liking. I saw this jacket after browsing a bunch of options online and having purchased North Face clothing in the past, I went and tried one on. Right away I loved the fit. It is more of a tailored fit, but certainly not what I would call tight. That said, it does fit close enough that it doesn't flop around or sway when running. It feels very natural. I also really liked the length as I have a pretty long back and it has ample protection.

I tried the jacket out this morning for a +10 run. I normally wouldn't wear a jacket at those temps but I'm still fighting a bit of a cold so I figured it would help keep me toasty. I just wore a light running shirt underneath. I wasn't running very hard this morning and for the first 2-3K the temp was fine. On the way back though I had to unzip about 3/4 to try and cool down as I was getting very warm. I'm also a big guy though so I do tend to generate allot of heat.

While running, the comfort was awesome. I never felt restricted at all and it felt more like a heavy layer than a jacket. There is one pocket on the rear bottom of the jacket and thumb loops on the cuffs. Other than that, it's pretty basic. Fully zipped up it does cover my neck and with the Windstopper technology on this jacket, it would pretty much keep any type of draft or wind out. Combined with some gloves, a toque and a base layer, I think this jacket will be just fine for fall and mild winter running. I'm thinking it will be my goto for temps down to say -10 or so, but I'll get to test that theory out later this year.

It isn't a cheap jacket by any means (paid $189 + tax at Bushtukah), but it is a high quality garment that I think will perform very well. It also looks great on and you could easily wear it out in a casual setting.

Return to “Gearing Up”