breaking in new shoes... pain?

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

breaking in new shoes... pain?

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:01 pm

is it typical to have some pains when breaking in new shoes? Tonight was run 3 and the balls of my feet hurt by the end of the run.

I couldn't buy the really good ones, but I got a decent pair of an older model that were on clearance. They're Reebok Road Riders. I've never worn Reebok before, always stuck with Nike.
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: breaking in new shoes... pain?

Postby HCcD » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:08 pm

EasternTrish wrote:is it typical to have some pains when breaking in new shoes? Tonight was run 3 and the balls of my feet hurt by the end of the run.

I couldn't buy the really good ones, but I got a decent pair of an older model that were on clearance. They're Reebok Road Riders. I've never worn Reebok before, always stuck with Nike.

Hiya EasternTrish, :lol:

I guess the first question in order is, "were you fitted properly to your new shoes by a qualified person? or, "did you just buy it off the rack, so to speak? ...

I myself, in the past wore Nikes and could never fit comfortably in Reeboks .... apparently, I was told that it was common from other people who could not run in one, if they ran in the other ....

I would assume that you bought the proper shoe, ie.. neutral, supination, pronation, motion support, etc... In other words, the new shoes were in the same category as your old shoes ....

If you only wore it for 3K or less, most stores, do have a return policy, assuming it is a reputable Running Store ...

Anyhoo, just my two cents worth ... andy :) Peace !!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:51 pm

Ya - no I did not do the fitting etc. I just started working fulltime after almost five years at home and paying for childcare in advance, and simply couldn't swing it - figured this is better than what I had, and will get some really good ones as soon as I can afford it.

I suppose that another factor is simply the fact that this is only my second week back in runners (for actual running) for, oh - 12 years! :oops: :shock: :D
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:52 pm

Oh ya and the only running store I know of in Fredericton actually just opened yesterday! Running Room!
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

Return to “Gearing Up”