Blew up treadmill - need recommendations

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Mike_in_Calgary
Percy Williams

Blew up treadmill - need recommendations

Postby Mike_in_Calgary » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 pm

My 9.5 year old sears freespirit bit the dust today. Looking for recommendations between 2-3k. I average about 2500km per year and really try to be outside when possible.

Thoughts on precor 9.27, true m50 & ps300 others?

NMG
Bill Crothers

Re: Blew up treadmill - need recommendations

Postby NMG » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Can comment on the true m50 or the ps300, but we have a Precor 9.23 (most entry level model) and it has performed flawlessly. It is basic, but very well built. Strong motor, comfortable running surface and it doesn't take up allot of space. I primarily use it in the winter so it doesn't get allot of miles, but given the way it has performed, I can't imagine needing to replace it anytime soon. Very happy with it . . . well as happy as one could be with a TM, LOL.

5km
Bill Crothers

Postby 5km » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 pm

I've had a Pacemaster Bronze since December 2008 and have put over 1000 K on it, mostly for winter running. The Bronze is their most basic model but it does all I need. It has been trouble free (touch wood) except for some squeaking which I tracked down and fixed this winter.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 pm

I have a True that I've had for over 10 years. It's a real workhorse and has survived many hard tempo runs, intervals and hill sessions. Can't speak to the new True models...but mine has all the data on display that you need without having to cycle through one display line. I find it has a realistic road feel to it and is not as soft & cushy as some of the Precor models I've used. Best way to find what works for you...take your shorts and shoes to the local fitness store and try the TMs for yourself.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:42 am

5km wrote:I've had a Pacemaster Bronze since December 2008 and have put over 1000 K on it, mostly for winter running. The Bronze is their most basic model but it does all I need. It has been trouble free (touch wood) except for some squeaking which I tracked down and fixed this winter.

Another vote for the Pacemaster bronze. My parents have this one and I use it when I visit them every year- they used to use it almost daily but mostly for walking. Of all the home gym models I have tried this one performs the best.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Mike_in_Calgary
Percy Williams

Postby Mike_in_Calgary » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks everyone for their input. Ended up getting the True PS300. Delivery this Thursday.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Mike in Calgary. I'm also a Mike in Calgary, but my treadmill is still running fine.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Return to “Gearing Up”