garmin communicator problem

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Re: garmin communicator problem

Postby Doonst » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:28 pm

I've had a couple of issues in the last 2 months. This worked for me:
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?230820-Re-authentication-required-nothing-syncs-on-FR610&p=562200#post562200 post 3,
a workaround is to try deleting the sync folder and trying again to see if this will correct the issue:
C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\CoreService\Devices\(unitID folder)\Sync
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Doonst wrote:I've had a couple of issues in the last 2 months. This worked for me:
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?230820-Re-authentication-required-nothing-syncs-on-FR610&p=562200#post562200 post 3,
a workaround is to try deleting the sync folder and trying again to see if this will correct the issue:
C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\CoreService\Devices\(unitID folder)\Sync

I'll check that out when I get home. Thanks.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:05 pm

eme wrote:
La wrote:
eme wrote:What kind of cell phone do you have? I use my phone to transfer my 310xt files to Garmin Connect

I have an Android smartphone (Samsung Alpha). How do you do that?

I downloaded a free app to download and it syncs with my Garmin Connecdt app to transfer the files to Garmin Connect. I'll have to check when I leave work, since I can't have my phone in the building.

It works really well to transfer to Garmin Connect - easier than when I had my iPhone and had to have the dongle that plugged in to the bottom of the phone. Our phone (I just looked up yours) have the Ant+ antenna already built in, so you just need the app.

I'll post the app when I get home.

Thanks! :)

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:42 pm

La wrote:
eme wrote:
La wrote:
eme wrote:What kind of cell phone do you have? I use my phone to transfer my 310xt files to Garmin Connect

I have an Android smartphone (Samsung Alpha). How do you do that?

I downloaded a free app to download and it syncs with my Garmin Connecdt app to transfer the files to Garmin Connect. I'll have to check when I leave work, since I can't have my phone in the building.

It works really well to transfer to Garmin Connect - easier than when I had my iPhone and had to have the dongle that plugged in to the bottom of the phone. Our phone (I just looked up yours) have the Ant+ antenna already built in, so you just need the app.

I'll post the app when I get home.

Thanks! :)

That's pretty cool! I wish the iPhone had the ANT+ radio.

It will be interesting to see if this fixes La's problem, though, because it SOUNDS like the problem is just that one file that might be corrupted. Other data is transferring so the ANT+ stick obviously works.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:13 pm

I also have these two ant+ plug-ins installed

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:16 pm

You can set it up to transfer to Garmin Connect and to Straw as well. There are a few different options. You will see it sync and then you just go in to your Garmin Connect account/app and the data is there.

As usual, you have to pair your Garmin before the first time.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Jwolf wrote:It will be interesting to see if this fixes La's problem, though, because it SOUNDS like the problem is just that one file that might be corrupted. Other data is transferring so the ANT+ stick obviously works.

Well, my data from tonight's workout uploaded without issue. It still won't upload Sunday's ride, though. I'll have to try Doonst's suggestion to see if that works.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 pm

eme wrote:You can set it up to transfer to Garmin Connect and to Straw as well. There are a few different options. You will see it sync and then you just go in to your Garmin Connect account/app and the data is there.

As usual, you have to pair your Garmin before the first time.

It worked!!!! :dance: My data from Sunday's ride transferred to the new Ant+ app on my phone and I was able to upload it to Garmin Connect and to Strava. It didn't work the first time I tried to send it to both simultaneously, but then I tried sending it separately and it worked! Thanks so much for the great tip!

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Glad that it worked for you :) I like to be able to download to my phone, since that way I don't have to worry where my stupid ant+ stick is for the computer :lol:

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:48 pm

Almost makes me want to get an android phone. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:57 pm

eme wrote:Glad that it worked for you :) I like to be able to download to my phone, since that way I don't have to worry where my stupid ant+ stick is for the computer :lol:

My Ant stick is tiny. I wonder if the fact that I leave it plugged into my laptop all the time is causing the issue, but it's been finicky since day 1 and I don't know if the issue is the stick itself or my laptop/USB port. No worries now!

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Jwolf wrote:Almost makes me want to get an android phone. :)

I just ditched my iPhone 4S. The battery life was ducking big time and my phone was starting to get really hot when I used it. I am still getting used to my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), bit I like it so far :)

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

garmin communicator problem

Postby Jwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:46 pm

eme wrote:

I just ditched my iPhone 4S. The battery life was ducking big time and my phone was starting to get really hot when I used it. I am still getting used to my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), bit I like it so far :)

I'm thinking about if but there are too many things I think I'd miss about the iPhone. The other solution is to get one of the watches that connects to the phone by Bluetooth- or to garmin connect by wifi.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Jwolf wrote:
eme wrote:

I'm thinking about if but there are too many things I think I'd miss about the iPhone. The other solution is to get one of the watches that connects to the phone by Bluetooth- or to garmin connect by wifi.

Haha. I just realized that I had an auto correct fail. I meant to say that the battery life was sucking big time; not ducking!

I am not missing too much from the iPhone yet.

Return to “Gearing Up”