Garmin Fenix

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Garmin Fenix

Postby Robinandamelia » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:35 pm

I purchased a "refurbished" Garmin Fenix from GPS City in Alberta. So far so good. That is after I figured out how to use it. Took forever to get the run to start (duh). I prefer the Nike+ GPS Sportswatch for its simplicity and the large screen that you can customize for what you want to see. I did find the Garmin a bit hard to read when moving. Nike+ will be my road race watch still for sure but wanted the 50 hour battery life of the Fenix for the ultras.

The watch came in like brand new condition which was great. I also bought a 2 year warranty just in case. The watch only cost $209 so figured it was worth taking the chance on a refurbished watch. Don't need all the features it offers and boy are there a bunch! Sailing even.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Re: Garmin Fenix

Postby Robinandamelia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 am

The watch has a downhill ski/snowboard feature which is kind of cool! It auto pauses when you are on the lift and therefore knows when you are moving. Tracks your runs/distance etc. Another neat feature. There are so many things. Thankfully to DC Rainmaker's posts/reviews I've been able to figure out some of them.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Garmin Fenix

Postby Jwolf » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Garmin has recently announced the Fenix 3 which has all the features of the Fenix line (which was designed for outdoor enthusiasts) and the Forerunner triathlete watches. I am very excited about the Fenix 3 and I'm saving up for if for my next watch. It has smart notifications and all-day activity tracking (non-GPS mode) which are both very cool. But what I also really like is the wifi and bluetooth connectivity (so you never have to use the ANT+ stick to upload data to the computer).
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Return to “Gearing Up”