balaclava - recommendation?

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
User avatar
Vic
Percy Williams
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
Location: GTA

balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Vic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi to all,
I am looking for balaclava with thin, wind resistant, breathable moisture wicking material. It has to be made for a small head, i.e. snag fit (women’s or unisex)
Any recommendations? Thanks
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............

User avatar
MrBond
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:38 am
Location: Toronto (East York)

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby MrBond » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:57 pm

"You're in over your head Donny..."

User avatar
Vic
Percy Williams
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
Location: GTA

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Vic » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:10 am

yes- the 1st place I checked is MEC. Thank you.
I need to get there...but its been too cold lately :D
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............

User avatar
HCcD
Donovan Bailey
Posts: 60022
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby HCcD » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:38 am

Picked up the CTR Mistral Multi-Tasker Pro and was worth every penny during my morning run on Saturday .. in that -20c / -30c windchill ... :)

http://www.mec.ca/product/5016-880/ctr- ... ro-unisex/


Image
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

User avatar
Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2183
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Saskatoon, SK

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Joe Dwarf » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I have a Gordini Lavawool balaclava similar to this one. The thing I like about it is that it has both the opening for the nostrils and the opening for the mouth. I have another one that has the mouth opening only and it is annoying. The Gordini comes in 3 different sizes.

User avatar
Vic
Percy Williams
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
Location: GTA

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Vic » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:54 am

HCcD wrote:Picked up the CTR Mistral Multi-Tasker Pro and was worth every penny during my morning run on Saturday .. in that -20c / -30c windchill ... :)

http://www.mec.ca/product/5016-880/ctr- ... ro-unisex/


Image


NICE! Its been too cold to go to the MEC and winter is almost over...but I am getting it for the next year for sure..thank you!
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............

User avatar
Vic
Percy Williams
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
Location: GTA

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Vic » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 am

Joe Dwarf wrote:I have a Gordini Lavawool balaclava similar to this one. The thing I like about it is that it has both the opening for the nostrils and the opening for the mouth. I have another one that has the mouth opening only and it is annoying. The Gordini comes in 3 different sizes.

This looks good. Will check it out. Its funny but this is the first winter I really needed one...
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............

User avatar
daddy_runner
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby daddy_runner » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Dang. That Gordini balaclava looks exactly what I need! I have the CTR Mistral, and the problem with it is that it has frosts up when you cover your mouth & nose so that you can't breathe.
Plan for 2017:
END-SURE 25k...done! 2:30:23
Spruce Woods Ultra volunteering...done!
Kettle Moraine 100
Western States 100 crewing
Falcon Fatass 50k
Superior 100

User avatar
Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2183
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Saskatoon, SK

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:48 am

daddy_runner wrote:Dang. That Gordini balaclava looks exactly what I need! I have the CTR Mistral, and the problem with it is that it has frosts up when you cover your mouth & nose so that you can't breathe.

Here it is in action, paired with a 2nd polar-fleece open-faced balaclava (it was a -30 day):

Image

User avatar
Ironboy
Abby Hoffman
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Ironboy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 am

Image

User avatar
Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2183
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Saskatoon, SK

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:39 am

Is there a more calorie-dense food than that, aside from pure lard?

User avatar
Vic
Percy Williams
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
Location: GTA

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Vic » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:15 am

Joe Dwarf wrote:
daddy_runner wrote:Dang. That Gordini balaclava looks exactly what I need! I have the CTR Mistral, and the problem with it is that it has frosts up when you cover your mouth & nose so that you can't breathe.

Here it is in action, paired with a 2nd polar-fleece open-faced balaclava (it was a -30 day):

Image



Joe- you are nuts:) Love the pic!
The winter is NOT over yet...whats happening??
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............

User avatar
Vic
Percy Williams
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
Location: GTA

Re: balaclava - recommendation?

Postby Vic » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 am

Ironboy wrote:Image


My favorite:) How long do I need to run to eat one small piece..I wonder....
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............


Return to “Gearing Up”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests