Swimsuit

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Swimsuit

Postby babysteps » Thu May 12, 2016 4:38 pm

I posted this on my FB page and thought I'd check in here are well.

I need a good suit, suitable for a busty-type lady that needs a bit of support, for lane swims. What's out there in athletic suits that has bust support? I can't seem to find anything.

(Also - Hi. It's been a long time since I've been here!)

alexk
Bill Crothers

Re: Swimsuit

Postby alexk » Fri May 13, 2016 5:32 am

Have you looked at Team Aquatic or Swim 2000 (both on-line)? My girls are competitive swimmers & I buy most of their suits from Team Aquatic.

Good luck & enjoy the swimming!

PS. I see that you're from NB. If you're close to Saint John, there's a meet the 27 - 29 at the Aquatic Centre. There's usually a shop set up w/ suits etc - prices are always good.
We train more joyfully and productively when we focus on the now, rather than on our future race day performance. It's a long road from here to there with many miles to go. We need to run each one. Accept where you are today and simply be thankful for the work you've accomplished. KA

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 am

I manage perfectly well with a Speedo. Although it may not support you while walking around or standing on deck, you don't really need "support" while your're swimming!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Fri May 13, 2016 3:33 pm

La wrote:I manage perfectly well with a Speedo. Although it may not support you while walking around or standing on deck, you don't really need "support" while your're swimming!

That's true. I find for me it's an ego issue. If I'm self conscious (even more than just being in a suit would make me) then I'm probably not going to go to the pool.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm

babysteps wrote:
La wrote:I manage perfectly well with a Speedo. Although it may not support you while walking around or standing on deck, you don't really need "support" while your're swimming!

That's true. I find for me it's an ego issue. If I'm self conscious (even more than just being in a suit would make me) then I'm probably not going to go to the pool.

I just saw this. I am chesty and I have found some Speedo or Tyr ones with some support. Polyester holds up better to the chlorine as well vs the usual spandex kind.

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Tue May 31, 2016 12:29 pm

I also just saw this. I wear a Tyr that compresses the heck out of my chest. Works great :)

Return to “Gearing Up”