Run Skirt ALERT

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Cheermidget
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cheermidget » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:45 pm

qmp wrote:I don't think I am going to get one. I would have to start shaving my legs... who has that kind of time.

At the rate he's been getting in and out of his little cheerleader outfit, I'd say Scotty H does...and Jacob's looking to be the next running skirt convert. :lol: Care to join the club?

Oh, you guys rock...
~Rae

melissa
Johnny Miles

Postby melissa » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:51 pm

Yeah I probably wont get that running skirt.

You can look good running without drawing more attention to yourself. It's bad enough that guys feel the need to honk and whistle at you as you run past.

It seems to me some guy just thought to himself "God, I love short skirts. Why not tell girls to run in them now and we'll find some sexy female runner to endorse it."

Genius, bah.

But that's just my bitterness :P
The miracle isn't that I finished.. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
"Just listen to your heart.. That's what I do" -Napoleon Dynamite

Next: Hypothermic 1/2 Marathon - Feb. 26 - SJ

rune163
Bill Crothers

Postby rune163 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:18 am

Patagonia makes one as well (don't ask why I know!). Not many dealers in Canada but is orderable online I thinks. www.patagonia.com

Happy trails,
R

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:20 am

Cheermidget wrote:
qmp wrote:I don't think I am going to get one. I would have to start shaving my legs... who has that kind of time.

At the rate he's been getting in and out of his little cheerleader outfit, I'd say Scotty H does...and Jacob's looking to be the next running skirt convert. :lol: Care to join the club?

Oh, you guys rock...

Well...okay, but do I need to carry pom pom's too?
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:21 am

jacob42.2 wrote:
Cheermidget wrote:

Oh, you guys rock...

Well...okay, but do I need to carry pom pom's too?

No, dude, just your copy of War and Peace :lol:
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:24 am

haha oh man! :lol:
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47

RUNNING MANIA #2

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:29 am

You could carry the pompoms and wear a rockin VISOR too................oh, wait...you dont HAVE A ROCKIN VISOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:31 am

I have an idea... if any one of us can beat Jacob in a race, he should have to do Boston in the skirt and carrying the pompoms.
Now who's up for some hard-core TRAINING??!
:lol:
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:33 am

Hey Rune...

Cool to see you here.....I wish I had known you were at The Wolfe this year (btw...my coach was the lst over the line...yippee)

Happy Ultra to you...and June!

Joanne

hmm...if there were skirts like jacob42.2 suggests...just think how easy it would be to pee in a race :shock: :shock:

C-Moss: peeing is easy...you just squat..and go
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:52 am

melissa wrote:Yeah I probably wont get that running skirt.

I considered getting a cycling skirt for a while because I use my bike as transportation a certain amount and sometimes you don't want to be doing groceries/stopping for a coffee/showing up at a BBQ in your workout gear. But I tend not to run to these things (well aside from my folks place for dinner, but then I bring a change of clothes since I have no reservations about arriving and hopping in the shower ;) ). So I likely won't get one either.

Jo-Jo wrote:hmm...if there were skirts like jacob42.2 suggests...just think how easy it would be to pee in a race :shock: :shock:

Ahhhh, that is a good point Jo-Jo! :lol:
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:33 pm

It's just so comfortable! I'm quickly becoming converted. Plus I don't know about you but I feel confident when I feel pretty... silly maybe but hey- whatever works! So for me wearing cute running stuff isn't about anyone else noticing, necessarily- just about me feeling good during my run. And if I feel good, the run almost always goes better. I almost always get a new shirt or something for a race so I feel good going into it.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:34 pm

QuickChick wrote:It's just so comfortable! I'm quickly becoming converted. Plus I don't know about you but I feel confident when I feel pretty... silly maybe but hey- whatever works! So for me wearing cute running stuff isn't about anyone else noticing, necessarily- just about me feeling good during my run. And if I feel good, the run almost always goes better. I almost always get a new shirt or something for a race so I feel good going into it.

amen to that!

For me it's the idea of having the comfort of compression shorts without LOOKING like you're wearing compression shorts. Plus they're just cute. lol
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “Gearing Up”