Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
JLA
Bruce Kidd

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby JLA » Tue May 17, 2011 8:59 pm

jes wrote:
Irongirl wrote:we're free weekends in june.

i could host a "baby GTG" before that though - next tuesday afternoon or wednesday morning works well for me (although, i'm trying to redeem my mother's day pedicure - hopefully I'll know tomorrow when it is....)

We'd be in for that!

Us too, I think! (Assuming by "baby" you meant "mini," not "no toddlers, please!") A is in daycare Tues but we could do Weds am, assuming that jibes with pedicure timing. For the "big" gtg, maybe we aim for the first weekend in June?

jes, MCM is Oct 31, so a bit before Hamilton. I'm glad to hear I have a support group of fellow lunatics, but right now I'm tired just thinking about it!

On an unrelated note, DH is putting together A's Fisher Price farm downstairs, and it sounds like a freaking construction site down there. Seriously, what is with kids' toys that require an engineering degree and power tools?

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I think IG just meant that we could do it during the week when those of us on mat leave are free! I don't think she was excluding anyone :D

I think the first weekend of June is free, but I'll have to check with Joe about the Zoom schedule (I'm trying to shoot a few events this summer).
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue May 17, 2011 9:09 pm

JLA wrote:
jes wrote:
Irongirl wrote:we're free weekends in june.

i could host a "baby GTG" before that though - next tuesday afternoon or wednesday morning works well for me (although, i'm trying to redeem my mother's day pedicure - hopefully I'll know tomorrow when it is....)

We'd be in for that!

Us too, I think! (Assuming by "baby" you meant "mini," not "no toddlers, please!") A is in daycare Tues but we could do Weds am, assuming that jibes with pedicure timing. For the "big" gtg, maybe we aim for the first weekend in June?

jes, MCM is Oct 31, so a bit before Hamilton. I'm glad to hear I have a support group of fellow lunatics, but right now I'm tired just thinking about it!

On an unrelated note, DH is putting together A's Fisher Price farm downstairs, and it sounds like a freaking construction site down there. Seriously, what is with kids' toys that require an engineering degree and power tools?

we'll try to get that pedicure apt. for tuesday then!

Let's say Wednesday May 25th - at my place. we have gymboree at 12:15 if Dexter is awake - so, i'll kick you out at 12 - again, if dexter is awake. :) i will supply coffee, but, i don't do very good at supplying baked goods, so, i can't guarantee much in the way of food.....you can arrive any time after 9.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Tue May 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Irongirl wrote:
Let's say Wednesday May 25th - at my place. we have gymboree at 12:15 if Dexter is awake - so, i'll kick you out at 12 - again, if dexter is awake. :) i will supply coffee, but, i don't do very good at supplying baked goods, so, i can't guarantee much in the way of food.....you can arrive any time after 9.

Perfect! I have to get Alex home to nap by noonish anyway. I will bring the baked (not by me) goodies. Thanks for hosting, IG!

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Tue May 17, 2011 10:28 pm

JLA wrote:

Am I the first lunatic for the fall? I am at the stage where finishing a marathon seems so difficult right now. I am looking forward to the me time that the runs will give me but I'm only up to an hour now and running another 3+ after that seems like a lot. And let's not mention the A goal I'm actually working towards.

Owen wants new parents?? That's a riot!

Jealous of your GTG.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

geobandito
Johnny Miles

Postby geobandito » Tue May 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Lightning wrote:Race was fine; totally uneventful honestly. It was a PB on a half course (I am pretty sure I ran a 1:48 the last half of the marathon I BQd in), so I will say it is my half PB...1:49:35. It also showed me I have a faster marathon in me, which I kind of secretly knew.

Lightning, that's fantastic! Despite being so uneventful. :)
2014 Running Plans
remembering how to run!

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Wed May 18, 2011 9:17 am

creeping the HRM thread.
.... wanting to invite myself to the big baby/toddler M&G .... can supply baked goods.... just sayin' ... :shifty:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 am

Unfortunately, we have an appointment at CHEO next Wednesday morning, so I don't think we'll be able to make it. Next time! C's got the busiest schedule in the house!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 am

Miss*Smiles wrote:creeping the HRM thread.
.... wanting to invite myself to the big baby/toddler M&G .... can supply baked goods.... just sayin' ... :shifty:

You;re more than welcome to come....and Marg too if she's around. Hmmm... I should probably mention this to Joe at some point!

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Wed May 18, 2011 11:52 am

jes wrote:

You;re more than welcome to come....and Marg too if she's around. Hmmm... I should probably mention this to Joe at some point!

Yah, we need Hot Running Marg too! The more the merrier to help wrangle the older ones :lol: Oh, Amelia will help you find out if your basement is babyproofed in about 10 sec flat.

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 am

Oh and congrats Lightning on the half! I did some quick math when you mentioned your PB goal of 1:50 and couldn't figure out how you qualified for Boston...me thinks you are pretty quick and probably do have a faster marathon (and half) in you...from someone who aspires to be that fast :D .

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 pm

AndyM wrote:
jes wrote:

Yah, we need Hot Running Marg too! The more the merrier to help wrangle the older ones :lol: Oh, Amelia will help you find out if your basement is babyproofed in about 10 sec flat.

Woo hoo! *note to self, creep the HRM thread more often*

:dance:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm

AndyM wrote: Oh, Amelia will help you find out if your basement is babyproofed in about 10 sec flat.

Come on by anytime! Do you have plans on Monday? We could do a playdate if you're free!

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

anners wrote:Lightning, how did 'sauga go?

I miss the GTA(ish) mommies and babies...should have another maniac baby gathering soon :)

Agreed!! Although I assume that since some of you are working now, we'll have to do an evening or weekend. I'm happy to host if you ladies and babies want to come over. What timing generally works for you ladies?

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Hmmm, I am free next wednesday I think. do I have time to get to Ottawa and back before daycare pick-up? :lol:

I am so inspired by you racers and planning-on-it racing mommas :)

This weekend I am going to try to run again, we will see how it goes! I have to do something to control my eating though, I am starving non-stop and just stuffing my face :oops: :evil:
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Wed May 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Kristi wrote:

I miss the GTA(ish) mommies and babies...should have another maniac baby gathering soon :)

Agreed!! Although I assume that since some of you are working now, we'll have to do an evening or weekend. I'm happy to host if you ladies and babies want to come over. What timing generally works for you ladies?

Agreed +1. The summer gets crazy on the weekend, but if we all plan in advance I bet we could find a weekend date!

Kristi- want to do a 'toddler terror' playdate on a thursday sometime soon? We could head there or you could head here. Does T still nap in the pm?

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 pm

pts wrote:
Kristi wrote:

Agreed +1. The summer gets crazy on the weekend, but if we all plan in advance I bet we could find a weekend date!

Kristi- want to do a 'toddler terror' playdate on a thursday sometime soon? We could head there or you could head here. Does T still nap in the pm?

He does still nap but we can work around it. If you want to come here one afternoon, we have a new inflatable bouncy castle for the backyard so the children can terrorize each other out there while we drink iced tea on the deck. Or we are happy to come there too depending on how you feel about travelling with the two little ones.

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Wed May 18, 2011 2:34 pm

pts wrote:
This weekend I am going to try to run again, we will see how it goes! I have to do something to control my eating though, I am starving non-stop and just stuffing my face :oops: :evil:

Me too (starving, not running!), and my portions are out of control. I have another 2 weeks before I really start to worry about it, though :)

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Wed May 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Kristi wrote:
pts wrote:
Kristi wrote:

He does still nap but we can work around it. If you want to come here one afternoon, we have a new inflatable bouncy castle for the backyard so the children can terrorize each other out there while we drink iced tea on the deck. Or we are happy to come there too depending on how you feel about travelling with the two little ones.

Will send PM! Oh, and morning works well for us, if that does for you. Or, is that your gym time?

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Wed May 18, 2011 7:49 pm

pts wrote:
Kristi wrote:

Evenings wouldn't work for us. June weekends are open for us so far, except for Father's day weekend.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm

warning - cute overload!

album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 2566a869c6

teaser
i run for me.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed May 25, 2011 4:09 pm

So much cuteness!!! It was great to see everyone this morning! Little Charlotte is sooooo cute!

So, weekend M&G at my place in June. Lets pick a date the works for the majority. I can host on Sun June 12, Sat June 18 or Sun June 19. After noon would be better for us...let's say from 1-3:30.

Sun June 12

Sat June 18

Sun June 19

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Wed May 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Cute picture! Zack sure looks like Joe!

...and that's a good thing.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Wed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Awe! Super cute! I am jealous of your playdate too.

I am good for June 12th or 18th for a play date.

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed May 25, 2011 6:52 pm

i'm good for the 12th or the 18th (19th is father's day)

it would just be dex and i if it's in the afternoon though - Delilah naps from 12;30-3ish :D
i run for me.

Return to “The Scenic Route”