The Vuelta

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

The Vuelta

Postby jonovision_man » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 am

Anyone else watching?

It's been a very entertaining race so far, with Contador returning, Froome on form. Yesterday's stage was a wild one - a crash and crosswinds split up the peloton on the flats, and attacks on the climb to the finish. Wild ride!

Some controversy, as race leader Valverde went down in the crash while Sky went to the front and hammered the pace. Not usually done... but in their defence that attack had started before the crash, and they'd gained time on other non-crashers, so giving up that advantage would have been tough. Valverde is a bit bitter.

jono
Visit my blog!

"If you want to be functional at 80, you better damn well pay attention at 40" -- Lew Hollander

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

The Vuelta

Postby VeloCarrie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 am

I'm watching highlights online, but I was able to watch the last 15 minutes on Sportsnet yesterday.
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: The Vuelta

Postby La » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:13 am

I've PVR'd it, but haven't had a chance to watch yet.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Amazing finish today... I won't spoil it if you've PVR'd it! :)

jono
Visit my blog!

"If you want to be functional at 80, you better damn well pay attention at 40" -- Lew Hollander

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:15 pm

jonovision_man wrote:Amazing finish today... I won't spoil it if you've PVR'd it! :)

jono

That was a great finish!
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:38 am

Great race so far!

JRod hangs onto the red jersey after the TT by 1 second :shock: then smokes Contador up yet another ultra-steep finish to start re-building his lead... it should go down to the wire. 1:20 separates 1st from 4th, Froome still in there, and surprisingly Valverde.

The Tour de France seemed like a stinker this year, especially compared to the Giro... and now the Vuelta!

jono
Visit my blog!

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 am

JRod looks unbeatable.

Contador and Froome seem to be suffering from opposite problems - Contador hasn't raced enough, Froome has raced too much!

jono
Visit my blog!

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 am

WOW. I hope my PVR was set today. That is all!
“It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.”
Epictetus

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 am

jonovision_man wrote:JRod looks unbeatable.

Contador and Froome seem to be suffering from opposite problems - Contador hasn't raced enough, Froome has raced too much!

jono

Don't you mean that Contador should be eating more Spanish Cows ?? :twisted: :twisted: :shifty: :wink: :oops: :oops:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:38 am

HCcD wrote:

jono

Don't you mean that Contador should be eating more Spanish Cows ?? :twisted: :twisted: :shifty: :wink: :oops: :oops:

Not steak. It was a rest day yesterday. Blood bag!

Despite my jaded opinion it seemed like shrewd tactics but will have to watch the stage tonight...
“It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.”
Epictetus

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:39 am

Wu wei wrote:
HCcD wrote:

jono

Despite my jaded opinion it seemed like shrewd tactics but will have to watch the stage tonight...

Gotcha .... :shifty: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Wu wei wrote:
HCcD wrote:

jono

They didn't show how it formed... but contador definitely had more and better help with him.

Still crazy jrod let that happen. He just needed to play shadow to the end.

And fresh blood helps! I'm worried we might see another "Landis" moment after the race. :? Stupid cycling, you can't just enjoy a great performance without suspicion.

jono
Visit my blog!

Return to “The Dark Side”