Ride to Conquer Cancer

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Ride to Conquer Cancer

Postby purdy65 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:00 pm

I don't do this very often - well actually never so far. My heartstrings have been pulled at by my little sister's goal of completing the Ride to Conquer Cancer, and raise money for Cancer research and awareness. I actually can't believe she's doing this, but she's got the bike, the gear, has been working at spin class and riding when she can in the 'winter that won't end'

Judy is a survivor of childhood Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Between her and my husband, a survivor of medulla blastoma, I see the progress that has been made in the past 40 years. Back in their day, they were not expected to live - today most with these types of cancer survive. One pays the price for such harsh treatments as a child though. Hearing loss and balance issues plague my husband, and joint pain and anemia plague Judy.

Let's raise some money so kids that are diagnosed don't suffer these long term issues, and that adult survivors continue with a high quality of life.

Even as chances of surviving cancer have increased dramatically, there is still work to be done!

Please consider even the tiniest of donations!

http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Eve ... fr_id=1513

Thank you.

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Return to “The Dark Side”