Goodtimes in Beantown!

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Goodtimes in Beantown!

Postby Jwolf » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Very nice report Colette. Your dedication and determination has been inspiring all along, and your race on Monday didn't disappoint. :)

Congratulations again.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Colette, I'm so thrilled for you. You worked incredibly hard and YES it's damn inspirational that you've run two marathons since having Isaiah. I know you've got an incredible support system, and you're so lucky to have that, but you worked really, really hard and I'm so in awe of your dedication. I know you will get your time back down- I hope that you're not disappointed in your time for too long, because you have been through a TON in the last few months and you have really come a hugely long way. Wear that jacket with pride girly... can't wait to see you soon. 8)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:06 pm

La wrote:So happy for you! You are AWESOME!

My friend Leo (who also ran Boston) saw a photo of you on FB (maybe from a comment you made on my status) and said, "That Colette is pretty hot!" Just thought you'd want to know. :)

Funny, my friend also said to deerdree that you looked super-thin and terrific! Oh wait, it was me who said that about you...wait, what? Awwwwkwaaaard.

(thanks for the nice compliment)
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:38 am

I found you inspirational even BB when you smoked me on the course in PEC. Congrats on your accomplishments and for having run Boston.

SteveF
Bill Crothers

Postby SteveF » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:49 am

Well done! A good support system makes a huge difference. So nice to see...

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Fantastic result. 4 hours is just an arbitrary number but to come to Boston for the first time and run that course so evenly after training through a Canadian winter is impressive by any measure.

JSmitty
Bill Crothers

Postby JSmitty » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Great job Colette. Chalk up another victory due to your dedicated training and awesome family/support.
For sure, you will be under 4:00 next time.
Cheers,
Jill

Ongoing plan :To start running, continue with eating habits, positive outlook.
OTTAWA HALF 2014

Andes
Johnny Miles

Postby Andes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:20 am

Congratulations on a great effort; glad to hear you got so much out of the experience. And yes, I am inspired by both your training and your attitude!

alexk
Bill Crothers

Postby alexk » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:14 am

Congrats on a great race, Lightening. You should be very proud of yourself; running 2 marathons post-baby (who must be just one now) is INCREDIBLE - I have 3 kids (7.5, 10, 11) so I know how much juggling and support it takes. But I waited until they were a bit older to get back into marathons...You are awesome!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your race and didn't put pressure on yourself to run under 4 hours. Boston is a tough course and you ran a smart race. Hope your recovery is going well. I see big things in your running future!!!
We train more joyfully and productively when we focus on the now, rather than on our future race day performance. It's a long road from here to there with many miles to go. We need to run each one. Accept where you are today and simply be thankful for the work you've accomplished. KA

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:40 am

Nicely done!! Congrats on your first Boston! I'm sure there will be more to come. Sub-4:00 next year... hang in there!
Ultrarunner again

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 am

I have been waiting for a moment to myself to read this race report and savour it. You ARE an inspiration, and I am so happy for you. I am amazed at the 4 hour marathon on a tough course (and 2 minutes, but pee time should be discounted IMO!). You ROCK hot momma! :)
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Return to “Run/Race Reports”