Harvest Half Marathon in Calgary - the headcam movie

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
Peter Pao-Pao
Percy Williams

Harvest Half Marathon in Calgary - the headcam movie

Postby Peter Pao-Pao » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi All,

I'm yet to start writing up my race report, but couldn't wait to share the headcam movie I've just finished editing. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipp969xuFos

Peter

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Re: Harvest Half Marathon in Calgary - the headcam movie

Postby turd ferguson » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Nice. I saw that linked at the Harvest Half's facebook page today.

Lot of familiar sights in that video, covers most of my everyday running routes.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 am

Movei was great, got a great shot of my wife directing you, then going up the hill with the girls chearing with noise makers, but then you cut out at the bathrooms at the top of the hill where I was... :( :( and cut in again at the bottom of the hill turning towards the water station.. Oh well, no fame for me..lol

Great job at your PB and great views. I've run the Harvest Half twice and loved it, but I have not been running much so opted out and we sold our bibs this year. Next year for sure...
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

Peter Pao-Pao
Percy Williams

Postby Peter Pao-Pao » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 am

Lazagna wrote:Movei was great, got a great shot of my wife directing you, then going up the hill with the girls chearing with noise makers, but then you cut out at the bathrooms at the top of the hill where I was... :( :( and cut in again at the bottom of the hill turning towards the water station.. Oh well, no fame for me..lol

Great job at your PB and great views. I've run the Harvest Half twice and loved it, but I have not been running much so opted out and we sold our bibs this year. Next year for sure...

Sorry I missed you! I had 50 minutes to edit down to fit the music. I do have you on film though.

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:39 am

Peter Pao-Pao wrote:
Lazagna wrote:Movie was great, got a great shot of my wife directing you, then going up the hill with the girls chearing with noise makers, but then you cut out at the bathrooms at the top of the hill where I was... :( :( and cut in again at the bottom of the hill turning towards the water station.. Oh well, no fame for me..lol

Sorry I missed you! I had 50 minutes to edit down to fit the music. I do have you on film though.

Wahoo, I'm a star..lol
No worries, I'm just having fun. It was a really cool perspective of the race, and one I had not seen before. I've either run in the race, volunteered as a bag check person, or stayed home. So, I got to see the fastest people, then the ones I normally run with (the mid packers always jostling for space on the pathways) and the slower runners who probably show the most determination of them all. It was an eye opener to see it in such a light.

I'll have to do course marshalling more I think.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

Return to “Run/Race Reports”