Condura Skyway Marathon '13

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
barebuns1
Bill Crothers

Condura Skyway Marathon '13

Postby barebuns1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 pm

I will admit I crashed around the 18km mark in this marathon. I was not expecting anything fantastic with a long run off 13km the weekend before. :)
I signed up for the marathon while hanging out in Bauang, la Union in Luzon province. I was doing some short 5km to 8km runs along the beach facing the South China Sea. I found this event on Marathonguide.com's website. My other half agreed to let me run but I could expect no sympathy from her corner. It wasn't until after I registered online that I found out the run starts at midnight. I thought this will be interesting, at least no one will be able to see me suffering in the dark. Basically the city shuts down a major freeway that runs the length of Manila for 12 hours to host the event. It was still pretty humid at the start, I went out cautious and decided to watch how I feel. I felt great until around 18-20 kms. I couldn't find any GU/Gels to carry so I bought some granola ? bars for extra energy. The aid stations had mostly water, some of them had something like a sweet powerade, I couldn't used to it. I did hit the wall mentally but not really physically. The next day my legs was not very sore, I could have probably gone for short run.
I did set a new pw with 4.26:26. This will be a lot of space to improve in 2013. I am already looking at a May marathon and running Edge to Edge in Ucluelet, B.C in June
If you have to ask me why I Run, You probably wouldn't understand!

fit-kitty
Tom Longboat

Re: Condura Skyway Marathon '13

Postby fit-kitty » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 am

:dance:

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm

barebuns1 wrote:I will admit I crashed around the 18km mark in this marathon. I was not expecting anything fantastic with a long run off 13km the weekend before. :)
I signed up for the marathon while hanging out in Bauang, la Union in Luzon province. I was doing some short 5km to 8km runs along the beach facing the South China Sea. I found this event on Marathonguide.com's website. My other half agreed to let me run but I could expect no sympathy from her corner. It wasn't until after I registered online that I found out the run starts at midnight. I thought this will be interesting, at least no one will be able to see me suffering in the dark. Basically the city shuts down a major freeway that runs the length of Manila for 12 hours to host the event. It was still pretty humid at the start, I went out cautious and decided to watch how I feel. I felt great until around 18-20 kms. I couldn't find any GU/Gels to carry so I bought some granola ? bars for extra energy. The aid stations had mostly water, some of them had something like a sweet powerade, I couldn't used to it. I did hit the wall mentally but not really physically. The next day my legs was not very sore, I could have probably gone for short run.
I did set a new pw with 4.26:26. This will be a lot of space to improve in 2013. I am already looking at a May marathon and running Edge to Edge in Ucluelet, B.C in June

Have a great time in Ucluelet and Tofino - that is a great (but tough) run and a beautiful area.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:51 pm

BB, you are such an adventurer.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Neat race!! I like the idea of running events in different places. It would be very tough without your regular hydration and nutrition! Congrats on sticking it out!! :)

Return to “Run/Race Reports”