Jwolf crosses over....

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Jwolf crosses over....

Postby eme » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:31 am

Congrats on your first Tri! Oh, and welcome to the dark side :D

bnn
Jerome Drayton

Postby bnn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 am

I think you've been thinking of doing this for a long time! congrats on #1 and enjoying it :) watch out it's so addictive :)
Just call me the thread killa

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Yay! They updated my results and the right ones are there now. I have updated the first post.

bnn wrote:I think you've been thinking of doing this for a long time! congrats on #1 and enjoying it :) watch out it's so addictive :)

Yes, I have Jordan. :) And making lots of excuses along the way... this time I just did it.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Postby Ironboy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 am

I read your report the day you wrote it, but couldn't reply easily from my phone, then of course I forgot, so I'm getting back to it now. (In your post that the report forthcoming, I actually replied how I was looking forward to reading it but somehow my reply didn't get submitted, stupid phone).

Jwolf wrote:Like I said in my journal, I had a blast doing it and I'm definitely hooked. Triathlon really is as fun as everyone says.

Anyway, I really glad to read your report and that you had a positive experience. Like every other triathlete, I was sure you'd love it. One of the things I love best is the anticipation and preparation of the t-zone. It's so much more involved than just standing around in the corral waiting for the gun, so much more to worry and obsess about.

It's really fun reading first timer reports, it just reminds you have how exciting it was your own first time. Now begins the game of 101 things to improve my time. Streamlining t-zone, minimizing equipment, faster lighter bike, clipless pedals, speed laces, placement of shoes and helmet relative to the bike, hooking the back of the seat instead of the front or the handle bars for quick removal from the rack. Enough to keep your brain busy for many races to come.

I didn't think the timing company would think you were a whiner, they take their results very seriously (at least the guys at Sportstats do), I'm not surprised the fixed it for you.

And good for you. Welcome to the Dark side.

Now you can spend some time on the bike if your running is giving you trouble and recover without losing too much fitness.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:32 am

Thank you, James. :)

I am definitely excited about this. For my next one I want to mostly work on the bike (which I did pretty much zero training before this first one. And just getting into the routine of tri training in my own style. I actually found the transitions to be not a problem at all; reading and learning about everyone's experiences here and my other tri friends' has paid off. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

Mark.AU
Bill Crothers

Postby Mark.AU » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Somehow missed this...

Great report and congratulations on your first tri, glad you enjoyed it! There's no going back now, you realize that, right? :wink:
“We are what we think. / All that we are arises with our thoughts. / With our thoughts we make the world.” Dhammapada,

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks Mark.
Yes, I'm hooked. Mostly I love having three times as many sports to do now. :)

Return to “Run/Race Reports”