Toronto Marathon 2014 Race Report

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
c_mcpeake
Johnny Miles

Toronto Marathon 2014 Race Report

Postby c_mcpeake » Tue May 13, 2014 4:01 pm

2014 races (this year)
June 22 Mohican 100m, July 5 Creemore 50k, July 12 Limberlost 56k, Aug 8 Dirty Girls 48hr, Sept 6 Haliburton 100, Oct 11 Oil Creek 100m
coaching site: http://www.candcrunningfactory.com/
personal blog: http://www.chrismcpeake.blogspot.ca/

back2it

Re: Toronto Marathon 2014 Race Report

Postby back2it » Wed May 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Not sure why I clicked and read the report, but here are my thoughts. You are a clinic leader and often pacebunny races, but you think a 1:50 half on route to a sub 3:49 is good pacing? Yikes! Even on a big downhill course like you get on the front half that's a huge discrepancy.

dpalac

Re: Toronto Marathon 2014 Race Report

Postby dpalac » Fri May 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Back2it! I’m a bit perturbed by your decision to go negative on C. McPeake’s Toronto Marathon 2014 Race Report; it seems disingenuous in your part to engage in a negative campaign without knowing “the man, coach, leader, pacer and lastly, an extraordinary human being.
Moreover, please charm me with your personal knowledge of the man, or perhaps your clever detective and time consuming technical research in Mr. McPeake’s coaching acumen! Oh, I guess, it is unavoidable in my end to probe into your elitist coaching skills and athletic accomplishments, better yet, I should avoid the disappointment!
Back2it, please humour me with the following questions?
• Have you ever coached individuals with extreme weight challenges and turned them into Sub 3 & 4 hour marathoners?
• Have you ever paced countless of runners that have achieved PB’s?
• Have you ever coached runners that have run the Boston Marathon?
• Have you ever volunteered your personal time to coach lesser athletes?
• Have you ever shared your failures and triumphs for the betterment of others?
• Have you ever sacrificed your own race/s for the benefit to pace others?
• Have you ever volunteered your time when the training cycle has come to an end
• Have you ever willingly, and most often uncompensated, given yourself to coach purely for the love of the sport?
Back2it, I could go on with countless episodes of coaching charity, fearlessly protective of his students, an ardent running coach and one that prefers to give and celebrate the triumphs of others.
Oh, one last thing, I’ll answer your question in your upcoming character assassination post, this Ranting Lunatic is one that is solely responsible for your enlightenment!

Return to “Run/Race Reports”