Re: Best post-run meals...

Postby Half-Mary » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Avis wrote:
fit-kitty wrote:
phorunner wrote:1. bananas
2. nutella
3. bananas + nutella

that is all.

MMMMMM I was eating that too, WITH pb! Then I started leaving the jars on the counter and was having toooooo many spoonfuls during the day and was literally going thru a jar of each every few days! 4lbs later, I've had to go cold turkey on my nutella habit! :lol:

I'm so glad that I'm allergic to hazelnuts, and don't have to worry about developing a Nutella habit. It sounds like an extremely addictive substance.

I've made Nutella ice cream a few times, but otherwise, I just eat it from the jar with a spoon. I haven't yet ever spread it on anything, or eaten it with a secondary food item.

My best post-run meal is any sort of breakfast/brunch, so long as it's with my running group. We choose our breakfast restaurant first, and then figure out a running route around the restaurant. Priorities... :lol:

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:06 pm

My boys had this ready for me post-run tonight - who needs food when you can drink Nutella. YUMMY!
Nutella Hot Chocolate... http://www.instructables.com/id/Nutella-Hot-Chocolate/

Half-Mary
Jerome Drayton

Postby Half-Mary » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:05 pm

abirdd wrote:My boys had this ready for me post-run tonight - who needs food when you can drink Nutella. YUMMY!
Nutella Hot Chocolate... http://www.instructables.com/id/Nutella-Hot-Chocolate/

:drool: I need to go to the grocery store. Now! :shock:

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Um... that looks gross!!! Sorry!!! It would be a bit better with milk... very cute that the kids thought it up, though.
I do have something constructive to contribute though as an alternative... 1 cup milk, 1 heaping spoonful of cocoa, 1 spoonful of sugar, 1 shot of frangelico. Equals... nutella hot chocolate. Alternatively, if for whatever reason Frangelico is a no-go, I guess putting 2 spoonfuls of sugar and some hazelnut extract would do equally well.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 pm

QuickChick wrote:Um... that looks gross!!! Sorry!!! It would be a bit better with milk... very cute that the kids thought it up, though.
I do have something constructive to contribute though as an alternative... 1 cup milk, 1 heaping spoonful of cocoa, 1 spoonful of sugar, 1 shot of frangelico. Equals... nutella hot chocolate. Alternatively, if for whatever reason Frangelico is a no-go, I guess putting 2 spoonfuls of sugar and some hazelnut extract would do equally well.

Ah, they made it with milk instead of water. Dad saw that in the recipe options, and went with it instead of water. I refuse to drink Hot Choc made from water, so he knew milk would be for the best.

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:01 pm

It's not the type of thing I would generally go for but a cheesesteak worked well for me after the marathon in Philly :)
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”