David's Tea

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
Tori
Jerome Drayton

David's Tea

Postby Tori » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 am

I know somewhere on the NET there was a conversation about people's favorite David's Tea but thought it would be easier to have a post on it. I am looking for some new ones to try.

So what teas do you love? :D

Which teas do you not love? :sick:

So far:
Loving - read my lips, cream of earl grey, buttered rum

Not loving - goji pop, pumpkin chai

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Re: David's Tea

Postby deerdree » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:57 am

i bought the "sweet indulgence" sampler pack the other day, along with a full tin of cream of earl grey.

so far i've tried:
cream of earl grey
read my lips
buttered rum
goji pop

and liked them all (that doesn't help you :lol:). i chose to start with those because i guessed that i would like them, but i'll keep working my way through.

i also like their organic breakfast tea. i tend to prefer black teas, but their silk dragon jasmine green tea is one of the best green teas i've ever had.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 am

I am a huge fan - I've probably tried over half the teas they have there, if not more. What are you looking for?

My favourite day-to-day black teas are Cream of Earl Grey and Fantasy Island (black tea, raspberry, coconut).

For iced teas: tropicalia (pineapple and other fruity yumminess - herbal), lime gelato (green tea) and gold rush (white tea, with mulberries and macadamia nuts).

Forever nuts is a really nice herbal tea - apple and nutty.

Coco chai rooibos is a nice caffeine free chai.

The sample packs are a great way to try different teas, but I often just go by the description and the smell!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 am

Deerdree - I think we sampled the same ones!!!

Scrummy - Fantasy Island looks like my next purchase! Did you find the lime gelato is good warm or just better for iced tea? I was looking at that one too.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 am

Tori wrote:
Scrummy - Fantasy Island looks like my next purchase!
Me too! And the cream of earl grey, too! I keep hearing good things about it!

I don't have much to add. I stick to my favorites of read my lips and in the winter, chocolate chili chai (black tea). I love the mint tea. Also didn't care much for the goji pop, though it was better iced.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Tori wrote: Did you find the lime gelato is good warm or just better for iced tea? I was looking at that one too.

I think I've only tried it iced. I don't usually like green tea, but that one I like.

RA - if you like mint, Santa's Secret is a really nice black mint tea. I think it was a holiday special though, so you may only be able to get it online now. I also like the Mint Chocolate Rooibos.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:RA - if you like mint, Santa's Secret is a really nice black mint tea. I think it was a holiday special though, so you may only be able to get it online now. I also like the Mint Chocolate Rooibos.
I did like that one! Thanks, I couldn't remember the name. I tried a cup of it when I went to visit La last year! I don't care for rooibos, or I bet I'd love the mint chocolate one.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:24 pm

(Can you tell I love David's Tea)?

I bought two of the new fall teas last week...

Toasted Marshmallow - enjoying a cup now! Actually pretty good. A bit like a s'more, though not chocolatey.

Banana Bread - I think this might be my new favourite herbal tea for fall. Basically, it is trail mix - currents, nuts, dried bananas. Great for a cold night, I think. I like herbal teas for after dinner.

I am a big fan of the pumpkin chai - I'll probably buy another tin this year. Thankfully Carm bought me some in the spring to tide me over!

They also just came out with a Red Velvet tea that I'm curious about. I am pretty picky about what chocolate teas I like, but I'll give it a try.

If you buy in store (rather than online), you can buy as little as 10 grams of tea at a time, which is usually about 2 cups or so. If I'm curious about one, I often buy 25 grams - which for a black tea is usually less than $3 (so like the same price as a tea at starbucks) and then I know whether to buy more or not.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:24 pm

RA. wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:RA - if you like mint, Santa's Secret is a really nice black mint tea. I think it was a holiday special though, so you may only be able to get it online now. I also like the Mint Chocolate Rooibos.
I did like that one! Thanks, I couldn't remember the name. I tried a cup of it when I went to visit La last year! I don't care for rooibos, or I bet I'd love the mint chocolate one.

I don't love rooibos usually either - but that one and the chai are pretty good.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:43 pm

I got hooked on David's about a year ago and mostly get the rooibos teas since I need a caffeine-free or low caffeine tea option in the afternoon. I drink coffee in the morning.

Love: top top top choice - Cinnamon Chai Rooibos (I bought the largest bag available online); pumpkin chai; coco chai rooibos.

Would not buy again: Mint chocolate rooibos (some co-workers thought that it smelled like mould for some reason) and another herbal that I bought in store (I forget what it's called). I'm not a big fan of fruity teas.

I definitely want to try some of their fall collection and will place another order soon.
Carm

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:18 pm

just finished some coco chai. it wasn't what i expected, but i liked it. loved the cinnamon in it.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Carm - I haven't tried the cinnamon rooibos chai - might have to put that on my list. I much prefer to go to the store though I can smell things, and then get them in smaller quantities to try, instead of "risking" with a 50 gram bag.

My tea cupboard is a bit out of control - I have a one-for-one rule going on right now...I need to finish a bag before I can bring in a new flavour!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:My tea cupboard is a bit out of control - I have a one-for-one rule going on right now...I need to finish a bag before I can bring in a new flavour!

I'm at the same point!!

They don't sell my favorite one anymore, it was so awesome electrifying lemon in english I think...

I love jessie's tea (herbal), songe d'une nuit d'été and flamant rose for the herbal teas (only have the French names)

I do like the chai roobois cinamon but I prefer the cinnamon heart (black).

Yellow dragon and oolong au cédrat are my 2 oolong favorites.

Big fan of read my lips also, the whole office smells of chocolate. santa's secret and African mint.

Ones I did not enjoy: cardio, goji pop and another one with a woman famous old name... that I can't remember...
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Mmm David's Tea!

I love the Santa's Secret, Birthday Cake, Chocolate cake and Ice cream cake teas. :D
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 pm

I never heard of David's Tea, and I don't think it's available in Québec (well, not in Sherbrooke, anyway.) I wish it were, 'cause those flavours sound so yummy...
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Avis wrote:I never heard of David's Tea, and I don't think it's available in Québec (well, not in Sherbrooke, anyway.) I wish it were, 'cause those flavours sound so yummy...

it actually started in montreal! :)

Les Thés DAVIDsTEA Carrefour de l’Estrie
3050, boul. de Portland
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1L 1K1

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 pm

deerdree wrote:
Avis wrote:I never heard of David's Tea, and I don't think it's available in Québec (well, not in Sherbrooke, anyway.) I wish it were, 'cause those flavours sound so yummy...

it actually started in montreal! :)

Les Thés DAVIDsTEA Carrefour de l’Estrie
3050, boul. de Portland
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1L 1K1

Wow! Thanks!! I've been to that shopping mall a zillion times, and I never noticed a tea shop. I'm going to check it out this week! :D
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

da
Bill Crothers

Postby da » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:17 am

I love David's Tea. My favourite is the Earl's Garden - it's my go to morning black tea!

Did anyone try the root beer float this summer? So good!

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 am

Got the fall collection as a gift and so far I can't say I'm a big fan of either Toasted mashmallow (black tea) and indian summer (white tea). They are both pretty bland and the toasted mashmallow is too sweet for my liking.
Sonia

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:50 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:I am a big fan of the pumpkin chai - I'll probably buy another tin this year.

Love it too!! Just enjoying a cup now.
Sonia

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Dr. S wrote:Got the fall collection as a gift and so far I can't say I'm a big fan of either Toasted mashmallow (black tea) and indian summer (white tea). They are both pretty bland and the toasted mashmallow is too sweet for my liking.

I like the toasted marshmallow! But i add milk and sugar to my teas, and I do find that brings out some of the flavours a bit. Haven't tried the other.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Toasted marshmallow?!? :shock: I haven't been in for a while because well...umm... it got a little out of control, half my pantry is Davids Tea. :oops: I think most of mine have been mentioned but here's the ones I like;

Strawberry Ginger (warm or cold), Glitter & Gold, Momma Mia (LOVE this one cold), Chocolate Chili Chai, Ice Cream Cake, Buttered Rum, Read My Lips, Tropicalia, and Movie Night. So glad it's fall so I can go back to my nightly routine of a cup of tea. ;)
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 am

I went in yesterday to get a mug of tea and tried the toasted marshmallow. I thought it was kind of bland as well. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't buy a tin. I also smelled the pumpkin chai and the cream of earl grey. They both smelled good. I'll try those sometime soon.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 am

I stocked up for my new office on the weekend!

I refilled tins of Pumpkin Chai and Fantasy Island, plus got 100 g of the Banana Nut Bread (my new favourite post-dinner tea). I also got 25 g of Brazillionaire and Red Velvet Cake to try.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:19 am

Red velvet cake is one of the samples tomorrow and pumpkin chai is a sample Wednesday. I'm going to see about getting in to try them.

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”