Terry Fox running shoes

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
MoeMan
Bruce Kidd

Terry Fox running shoes

Postby MoeMan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:06 am

Any one else going to buy a pair of the replica Adidas Orion shoes that Terry ran in?
Only 6,500 pairs. $100.00 2 pairs per customer.
http://www.adidas-salomon.ca/terryfox/
M :D E
"Every time you miss a run, the Baby Jesus cries..." Dave Grant

SuperboB
Bill Crothers

Postby SuperboB » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:07 am

The first thing I wondered was, "Is that thing neutral, support, or motion control?" But I suppose it's more of a collector/conversation piece than your every day training shoe.

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:27 am

Man those look like they would be painful to actually log some miles in...amazing to think what discomfort running was in the old days!

gamma j
Bruce Kidd

Postby gamma j » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:57 am

I had a pair of those back then!! Didn't use them for running tho :lol: It was a fashion choice for me at the time.

Jean :D

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:09 am

Lean_Machine wrote:Man those look like they would be painful to actually log some miles in...amazing to think what discomfort running was in the old days!

My dad was running in the old days, but he wore Brooks and New Balance shoes mostly -- but back in the day, he would extend the life of a pair of shoes for as long as he could, using a quick-drying rubber product("ShoeGoo™) to build up worn parts of the soles.

And they wore a lot of cotton. I remember when dad got his first NYLON running shirt -- it was a big deal.

Ah, memories of the 70s and 80s.
BG

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:40 am

100% of the proceeds go to the Terry Fox Foundation. That is reason enough for me to get a pair!

I'm going to try and find them today.
"Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them."

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:54 am

lovethehills wrote:100% of the proceeds go to the Terry Fox Foundation. That is reason enough for me to get a pair!

I'm going to try and find them today.

I thought about it .....they are only available at Sport Chek (none within walking distance of me...)

I'm trying to save "all" my Terry loonies and donate them all back to the foundation. Total saved so far: $2 :( (I just never seem to come across them!)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Return to “Gearing Up”