RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Re: RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Postby ceileigh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:05 am

ultraslacker wrote:
ceileigh wrote:I want one of the black hats ... but I am trying to figure out sizes for the rest (confusing with no women's sizes). Can I put a hold on one of the hats until I figure out and place the rest of my order so I don't have 2 orders and 2 shippings?

yep, I'll put your name on one of the hats... but it's the last one so that means taking it out of the shopping cart (which means you won't be able to add it to your order, so just remember to add the extra $$ on top when you send payment, and I'll add the hat in manually).

Excellent! I will NOT forget!!! thanks!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:08 am

ultraslacker wrote:
ceileigh wrote:I love that the pic shows longer in the back of the shirt but the sizes are longer in the front ... I think that is an oops! :D No big deal. On their site if you look under tri sizes there is more info including some women's sizes. I think though that these are more fitted as I am an XL women's in some and given that I am a size 6 I don't usually need an XL! However I do often end up wearing men's sizes as I have broad shoulders and a long body and womens sizes are just too short in the torso!

I'm not a tri person, but doesn't tri gear usually fit a lot tighter than running gear?

It does. I wear a size 8 and my XL women's tri top from another manufacturer fits in the chest and is loose in the waist (men's gear is a lot worse for this). I also would like confirmation of the measurements they are using for the women's cut in the running singlet. My old gear is a bit too roomy.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Postby Ironboy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:09 am

Do all the singlets have the logo on the front and the back or just the ones that use the Cycling jersey style?

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Ironboy wrote:Do all the singlets have the logo on the front and the back or just the ones that use the Cycling jersey style?

I think just the front... Marg will have to confirm.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:15 pm

BJH wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
ceileigh wrote:I love that the pic shows longer in the back of the shirt but the sizes are longer in the front ... I think that is an oops! :D No big deal. On their site if you look under tri sizes there is more info including some women's sizes. I think though that these are more fitted as I am an XL women's in some and given that I am a size 6 I don't usually need an XL! However I do often end up wearing men's sizes as I have broad shoulders and a long body and womens sizes are just too short in the torso!

I'm not a tri person, but doesn't tri gear usually fit a lot tighter than running gear?

It does. I wear a size 8 and my XL women's tri top from another manufacturer fits in the chest and is loose in the waist (men's gear is a lot worse for this). I also would like confirmation of the measurements they are using for the women's cut in the running singlet. My old gear is a bit too roomy.

Marg is going to email them and try to get women's sizing. I don't know why they don't have that on their site!

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I found the sizing chart for the cycling shirts (provided they are club cut). It is here:

http://champ-sys.com/retail/sizing-chart

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:53 pm

ceileigh wrote:I found the sizing chart for the cycling shirts (provided they are club cut). It is here:

If it helps anyone out, I checked the measurement on my RM cycling jersey from AXISgear (size L) and measurement A is 20.25". So essentially the same sizing. Same measurement as my RM Betty size XL (also AXISgear). The Betty fits a lot looser though since it is more singlet like.
Last edited by BJH on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:56 pm

ceileigh wrote:I found the sizing chart for the cycling shirts (provided they are club cut). It is here:

yes it's the club cut.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 pm

BJH wrote:

If it helps anyone out, I checked the measurement on my RM cycling jersey from AXISgear (size L) and measurement A is 20.25". So essentially the same sizing. Same measurement as my RM Betty size XL (also AXISgear).

good to know, thanks!

we're still waiting on the women's sizing info, but it's helpful that they appear to be the same as axisgear.

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Awwww look at us wearing hoodies! Too cute!
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 pm

I may be able to pick up in a major city, depending on when the items are expected to arrive. I'll be in Kingston the weekend of March 12/13, and expect to see Miss*Smiles (coming from Ottawa), and will be in the GTA on the 14th and 15th of March... Can you advise if you think the orders will be in and delivered to the major cities by then? Thanks Holly and Marg!!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:35 am

BJH wrote:
Joe Dwarf wrote:I find the men's sizing confusing too. Can't it just say whether they fit bigger or smaller than expected? Usually tech clothing fits a little smaller than you'd expect.

They give actual garment measurements. Take a shirt you like the fit of, measure it and decide from there.
FWIW if my measuring is right then it's a typical tech fit - a little on the small side unless you like a very close fit. I have a large Brooks singlet that measures the same width as large on their chart.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Postby Jwolf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 am

Joe Dwarf wrote:
BJH wrote:
Joe Dwarf wrote:I find the men's sizing confusing too. Can't it just say whether they fit bigger or smaller than expected? Usually tech clothing fits a little smaller than you'd expect.

They give actual garment measurements. Take a shirt you like the fit of, measure it and decide from there.
FWIW if my measuring is right then it's a typical tech fit - a little on the small side unless you like a very close fit. I have a large Brooks singlet that measures the same width as large on their chart.

I don't think there even is a "typical tech fit" at least for women's sizing. I have things in small, medium, and large- sometimes even the same company! So its best to just take the measurements.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 am

ultraslacker wrote:
Irongirl wrote:what's the deadline?

we haven't set one yet... it will be a couple of weeks, end of month at the latest.

Any idea how long after the order will they have the gear made?

As for sizing, I will check out my sizing at home from previous Champion Tri-Gear schwag that I already have ... If I recall, from previous experience, they tend to fit a size smaller than regular fit ... :think: :think: :think:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am

ultraslacker wrote:You will then have the option to add/select a payee. There you will add my name and email address, hvipond@gmail.com
Actually it asked for me to send to margmeroni@gmail.com, hope that was OK. I get a couple free email transfers/month with my account package, so saved you a couple % on the paypal end.
Then you will select a security question, which I will have to answer. Make sure it's something that I will know the answer to! lol
I used "Favourite website" - don't put in the www. or .com bits in (it won't let the answer have any non-alphanumerics anyways).

I hope your favourite website is this one, otherwise you'll have to lie to get your money!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Joe Dwarf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:You will then have the option to add/select a payee. There you will add my name and email address, hvipond@gmail.com
Actually it asked for me to send to margmeroni@gmail.com, hope that was OK. I get a couple free email transfers/month with my account package, so saved you a couple % on the paypal end.
Then you will select a security question, which I will have to answer. Make sure it's something that I will know the answer to! lol
I used "Favourite website" - don't put in the www. or .com bits in (it won't let the answer have any non-alphanumerics anyways).

I hope your favourite website is this one, otherwise you'll have to lie to get your money!

where did it ask you to send it to margmeroni?! I thought I'd changed/updated all the places where it asks for that.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:13 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Joe Dwarf wrote:

where did it ask you to send it to margmeroni?! I thought I'd changed/updated all the places where it asks for that.
Right when you check out, it mentions that address several times so that's the one I used. It doesn't mention the other one at all.

ETA: I changed the payment to the hvipond account. Let me know if you get it OK.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Joe Dwarf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
Joe Dwarf wrote:

Right when you check out, it mentions that address several times so that's the one I used. It doesn't mention the other one at all.

ETA: I changed the payment to the hvipond account. Let me know if you get it OK.

crappy, I thought I'd changed that. I'll have to do it from home tonight.

(Everyone ignore that last page where it says to email marg... send it to me instead.)

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Should I ignore the payment email then?
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Marg wrote:Should I ignore the payment email then?

I guess so... I put it through on my end, so I assume he canceled the one sent to you...?

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Ok. Good to know. I will just ignore it then.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

TriJenn
Bill Crothers

Postby TriJenn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:44 pm

I'll put in an order and if it's alright, can Marg hold onto it until I arrive? It is probably easier than shipping to Sask- and I may already be in Ottawa anyway.

This all looks fantastic!! Thanks Gear-Peeps!

Let me know,

Jenn
Starbucks Coffee Cup Wisdom
“The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life”

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 pm

TriJenn wrote:I'll put in an order and if it's alright, can Marg hold onto it until I arrive? It is probably easier than shipping to Sask- and I may already be in Ottawa anyway.

This all looks fantastic!! Thanks Gear-Peeps!

Let me know,

Jenn

the gear is actually going to calgary this time around (Turd is going to do the distribution). You can decide closer to the time where you want us to send yours... just let us know.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:12 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
I guess so... I put it through on my end, so I assume he canceled the one sent to you...?
I assume when I transferred it over that the other one is no longer valid, so ignoring the email is the correct thing to do. My end is not showing it as "paid" yet - I'll give it another day and check again. The money was pulled from my account when I did the original payment. First time doing this email payment thing.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Joe Dwarf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
I assume when I transferred it over that the other one is no longer valid, so ignoring the email is the correct thing to do. My end is not showing it as "paid" yet - I'll give it another day and check again. The money was pulled from my account when I did the original payment. First time doing this email payment thing.

I deposited it on my end, so you should at some point receive a notice that it went through successfully.

Return to “Gearing Up”