Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
FishPants
Lynn Williams

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby FishPants » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks everyone :) I currently have Damon tucked into the Hawk and am eating lunch over his head :) My other boys are napping! If Damon stays sleeping after my lunch, I am going to try to nap.

So far so good, except day and night are mixed up. I am starting to feel tired after the new-mom adrenaline high :)

Enjoy the 2nd trimester, rockstar, it is the BEST.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for checking in FP. Glad it's going well so far. Isn't it true, that there's some freaky new-mom adrenaline?! I hope it lasts really long for you.

Anners, a half is probably totally doable, no? With just competing ATB you should be able to coast for a bit. Maybe signing up for one would be just enough to keep you honest with your running. Although, I"m wicked jealous of all your "lowest weight ever" talk!

Thanks for asking how the training is going. Ugh, it's going! I'm getting it done. But I"m feeling really tired and unenthusiastic right now. I'm at my highest mileage week this week so far at 60K. It's been hard as I"m getting all my weekly running in after Amelia is is bed. The combo of getting up early (for me...5:30), then working all day, mothering, kid sick not always sleeping, cooking, cleaning and training is getting to my body. I"m at the point where I just want to run this freakin' marathon and then rest for a bit. Well, rest as in maybe do half's and 10K's. I'd like to get faster. My speed has come a long way since last year but I"m still not as fast as I used to be so I feel like I have improvements to make.

Hope everyone is having a nice easter weekend!

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 am

AndyM wrote:The combo of getting up early (for me...5:30), then working all day, mothering, kid sick not always sleeping, cooking, cleaning and training is getting to my body.

And then training at the *end* of the day, when you're already tired. You have a lot on your plate!

Some photos from the twins' first birthday yesterday:

Baby girl's patented "what are YOU looking at" look

Baby boy, happy as always!

getting the feet involved too:

with aunty :)

this is the dress I gave her for her birthday
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:08 am

SOOO cute! I miss that kinda cuteness!

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! So adorable. Thanks for sharing!
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm

So cute! I can't believe that they are a year already!

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Wow, those are the most colourful birthday cakes ever! So super cute. They are very sweet and I think baby girl looks a lot like her auntie.

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Kristi wrote:So cute! I can't believe that they are a year already!

No kidding!
Where on earth does time go!! :o

Holly I think I would be ready to hop on a plane if you'd make me a rainbow cake. Just sayin'... :shifty:
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Marg, if you come to Van I will make you a big rainbow cake!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

geobandito
Johnny Miles

Postby geobandito » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Wow, completely adorable! That looks like one crazy birthday party.
2014 Running Plans
remembering how to run!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 pm

quick public apology to FP - looks like my stupid phone kept the title of a PM that I had with someone (we were discussing the ins and outs of the "foe list" in a PM) as the title of the post that I used when I congratulated FP on Damon's arrival. I'm sooooo sorry!!

I was so excited to see his pictures and his arrival that I forgot to check that. (the phone keeps the last title that was used instead of the new title).

and....speaking of Damon's arrival - I need to update my facebook thread!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

random pics from this weekend:

Dexter - who totally doesn't look like this - it's a weird picture....

might I point out that at 3.5 months, he weighs the same as Delilah did at 6 months.....which explains the pain in my back!

hunting for some eggs:

Dexter and his godfather (my brother):

cute story - my brother was hanging out with Dexter on Friday night and said "how do I play with him on the floor?" I told him that he hadn't rolled from front to back yet, so, he should teach him that. Within 5 minutes - he was rolling!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Irongirl wrote:quick public apology to FP - looks like my stupid phone kept the title of a PM that I had with someone (we were discussing the ins and outs of the "foe list" in a PM) as the title of the post that I used when I congratulated FP on Damon's arrival. I'm sooooo sorry!!

I was so excited to see his pictures and his arrival that I forgot to check that. (the phone keeps the last title that was used instead of the new title).

I didn't even notice...I don't read post titles, just post content :)

re: your FB thread: I think it's kinda funny that scrum and I swapped due dates :) Except I was 2 days early for hers. 2 days early would have been so much nicer than 5 days late...

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Dexter sure looks like his daddy!!

And I love the red pyjamas. :)

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm

FishPants wrote:
Irongirl wrote:quick public apology to FP - looks like my stupid phone kept the title of a PM that I had with someone (we were discussing the ins and outs of the "foe list" in a PM) as the title of the post that I used when I congratulated FP on Damon's arrival. I'm sooooo sorry!!

re: your FB thread: I think it's kinda funny that scrum and I swapped due dates :) Except I was 2 days early for hers. 2 days early would have been so much nicer than 5 days late...

sorry about that! i had another friend due on the 15th w her 2nd and i "beat" her too!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:00 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
FishPants wrote:

sorry about that! i had another friend due on the 15th w her 2nd and i "beat" her too!

No apology necessary! Neither of us had control over the situation, we both had stubborn babies in different ways :)

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:01 pm

I got to cuddle someone new today.... while my boys entertained another someone...

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

toobusy wrote:I got to cuddle someone new today.... while my boys entertained another someone...

I'm jealous. But we would NOT have been good company today!

Andes
Johnny Miles

Postby Andes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Congratulations to FishPants and Scrumhalfgirl on the new arrivals!!

My news - I ran today! I did a small treadmill run a couple of days ago (8x1:1 intervals) and this morning did my first run outside - 4 3:1 intervals and one four minute interval. It feels a bit weird starting at the beginning again but it felt so great to be out there and I am excited to get started with my "get back at it" program.

Also, Irongirl - we have been sticking with the Biogaia (thanks again for the tip) and I think it must be working for our little guy as he has been doing so much better the last couple of weeks. Fingers crossed that this holds up...

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 pm

ultraslacker wrote:Dexter sure looks like his daddy!!

Agreed, that really struck me today when I saw newer photos.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Such cute kids everyone!

toobusy- it was great to see you, and Gavin loved hanging out with the big boys. It made me see how 'grown-up' he is already :( Although, before they came, he was imitating Nessa, so not too grown up yet! :lol: Sorry about Huds being such a dolt, I thought afterwards that I should have given the boys treats to feed him, and told them to run drills with him, Huds LOVES being bossed around and it makes it clear to him where his 'place' is (he likes being bottom of the pack, but gets nervous about having any type of 'responsible role' to play which is what stresses him out with kids that age I think). :roll:
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

First outdoor run of the year for me and without the stroller. It just happened to be a 4km route which will be a good one to use to benchmark my speed and do laps of if necessary. Yay spring!!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:19 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Thank you for the congratulations everyone!!! We're happily settling in at home today - Charlotte has been a champ so far, and we're loving every minute with her. We had a scheduled c-section on Friday at 39 weeks as stubborn Charlotte was breech - everything went really well. I think the mental side of recovery so far has been the hardest - I had such a smooth pregnancy, that I'm not used to feeling "unwell", so getting my head around that has been a challenge. Doing my best to take it easy and feeling better day by day.

Totally missed this update :oops: CONGRATULATIONS -- glad to hear everyone is doing well -- take the time to rest up - you deserve it!! :D
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:56 am

Colleen- yay for the 4k outdoor run! :)

Just checking in on the hot mommas. I hope we are finally all healthy here, and I finally have a day alone with my little girl while G is at daycare. So far, tea has been consumed, some TV has been watched, and I am relaxing! :)

I think I am going to wait until at least 4 weeks, probably 6 weeks to start running this time around. I still (at 3 weeks) don't feel "right". I also am not dropping weight as fast as last time (with G I had all but about 10 pounds gone at this point i think). Although, Marianne is already 10lbs 12oz :shock: so she is sure gaining! She is almost not fitting into 0-3 mos clothing already, and we haven't even gotten around to wearing a few outfits yet that were gifts.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am

Sounds like a good day Pts!! Would you have ever said with G that having "just" one baby at home would be a relaxing day? :lol: Sounds like a good decision to wait on the running. And I hear you on the weight - I'm still working on getting back to my prebaby weight. At this point (10.5 months) after Timmy, I was at least 15lbs lower than my prebaby weight.

I'm still not running but missing it so much especially as the weather gets nicer. Soon hopefully! In the meantime, I want to hear about everyone else's running!

Return to “The Scenic Route”