Sweaty bands

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
jes
Jerome Drayton

Sweaty bands

Postby jes » Fri May 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Based on a glowing review from Tori, I'm going to order one of these headbands.

https://www.sweatybands.com/

Problem?

Shipping is $12.95 on a $15 headband.

Does anyone want to go in on an order with me and split the shipping? I can place the order, collect the funds and organize delivery (in person if in Ottawa, or I'm sure we can send them via letter mail if not in Ottawa).
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Re: Sweaty bands

Postby abirdd » Fri May 06, 2011 8:07 pm

First, are there any decent SB coupons floating around right now?
Second, I'd be in for a couple more "grab bag" bands, if you decide to order. Can send you moula via PayPal or Interac, whatever you prefer :D

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri May 06, 2011 8:13 pm

abirdd wrote:First, are there any decent SB coupons floating around right now?
Second, I'd be in for a couple more "grab bag" bands, if you decide to order. Can send you moula via PayPal or Interac, whatever you prefer :D

I didn't think to look for coupons...I'll go hunting :)

I'll give it a few days to see if we get any more takers before ordering.

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Am checking around right now, only one active so far is "sweaty" for 10% off.
You think she would have run a Mother's Day code or something :?:

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

What is their shipping within the US?

They sent me some strays free to try. I really like their bands but like most they are too small / tight for my head. I need headbands that are not too tight because of where my brain surgery incision is from a few years ago (I have a hole in my head LOL). I really wanted to wear these but ...

I was really impressed with their customer service

However I am looking at ordering to the ship it shop in Massena, NY. If there just a few headbands I could pick them up for you, open and throw in my purse (aka no duty charge). There is a$3 fee at the ship it shop but if the shipping is way less then it is to Canada it can be worth it I am considering ordering a pair of VFF's that I can not get in Canada. If so I will place the order this weekend. I could bring to ORW with me. I also have a friend with a PO box in Massena so if they will ship to a PO box could do it that way and they would bring it over. I could either bring to ORW (if time works out) or mail to Ottawa. My friends go over every 2 weeks and usually check their mailbox.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri May 06, 2011 8:44 pm

ceileigh wrote:However I am looking at ordering to the ship it shop in Massena, NY. If there just a few headbands I could pick them up for you, open and throw in my purse (aka no duty charge). There is a$3 fee at the ship it shop but if the shipping is way less then it is to Canada it can be worth it I am considering ordering a pair of VFF's that I can not get in Canada. If so I will place the order this weekend. I could bring to ORW with me. I also have a friend with a PO box in Massena so if they will ship to a PO box could do it that way and they would bring it over. I could either bring to ORW (if time works out) or mail to Ottawa. My friends go over every 2 weeks and usually check their mailbox.

That would work too! I put in Ottawa for shipping and it gave me $12.95. I am so not paying that for a $15 purchase!!!!

I could do the order to Massena for you to pick up, transfer to me at ORW and I can then ship out to any one else who ordered. Whew!

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri May 06, 2011 8:45 pm

I'm in! Great idea to team up!

I want the "Fleur-de-Lis White & Black"

I would prefer to paypal or send a cheque. My bank doesn't do e-mail transfer!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Anyone else interested?

Shipping to the US is $4.95, plus the $3 fee at the pickup location mentioned by ceileigh, so if it's just the three of us (me, abirdd and Dr. S), shipping will be $2.xx each. There's the 10% off coupon floating around, so that'll help too. Ceileigh will pick up the bands for us and deliver during NCM in a few weeks. Everyone ok to wait that long?

I'll place the order tomorrow afternoon and let you guys know the final total each.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sun May 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Fine by me and I'll be in town for NCM so no additional shipping to Mtl! Thanks for taking care of the order Jesse!
Sonia

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Mon May 09, 2011 4:38 am

Dr. S wrote:Fine by me and I'll be in town for NCM so no additional shipping to Mtl! Thanks for taking care of the order Jesse!

I am just outside of St Lazare almost every Wednesday so if you did not make NCM for some reason we could probably set up a pick up there or I could transfer to someone from Mtl itself who is in my agility class for you. Just a thought ...

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Fine by me too - the US shipping angle is MUCH more affordable overall!!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 am

My orders, placed Sunday, were both shipped yesterday! And I didn't order fast service either! Hopefully everything will arrive close together. If they arrive by Friday I can get them Friday and take to Ottawa this Saturday. If not I'll get them to you all Ottawa Race weekend!

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 am

I've got the say the USPS moves their mail quickly between states. SB ships out of Ohio - so it should only be a day or two via surface mail to NY.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue May 10, 2011 8:53 am

My store carries the Original Buffs line of products, so, if you want, I'll put on the suggestion board to see whether or not, they would considering carrying the line of Sweaty Bands, if you want ... :shifty: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 am

I've just put the order in now, so hopefully it arrives by Friday for pickup! I can't wait!!!

I'll send you guys a PM later with your total. I have a feeling Zack is going to wake up any minute, so it may be this evening before I get to it.

Thanks for sharing the shipping ladies! And a big thank you to Ceileigh for picking up and delivering our order!!

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed May 11, 2011 6:18 am

yipppe!! Let me know in the message if you want me to send you a cheque or paypal!!

Thanks Jesse!
Sonia

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Wed May 11, 2011 7:31 am

Thank you Jesse and Ceileigh for getting this order put together :D

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Thu May 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I have an order waiting for me at the ship it shop ... not sure what but my vff's were from NY state so probably them. I have 2 others (including the sweaty bands) and they are not overly stocked so are ok waiting until all 3 arrive. Looks like it will be next week though ... :( I'll post when I go over. They are really nice headbands ... just wish I could wear them :(

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

ceileigh wrote: They are really nice headbands ... just wish I could wear them :(

I remember you debating about cutting the elastic, and sewing in a larger piece. Did you ever give it a go?

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri May 13, 2011 3:49 pm

I never did cut it up and try it. I gave one to my niece. The other my dog chewed the elastic. Still might try that one. I have tried that option with others though and not had much luck. One of the draw backs of my brain surgery a few years back is the hole in my head is right behind my ear. It is sensitive to pressure even from glasses. However the surgery was such a help it is a little thing to put up with in comparison to the before!

Still no word on the sweaty bands ... next possible pick up would be W / Th of next week ... well actually I'll have to go then as they will only hold my stuff for so long. Hopefully they will arrive by then and I can do one pick up (less gas and only one charge to cross the border!)

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed May 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I have made a successful sweaty band pickup and returned to Canada with them! :D

It was not without adventure ...

We are waiting in the customs line up and I look at my mom's passport and note it EXPIRED in February! Uh oh ... So we get to the customs guy, he doesn't say much, then asks me to shut the car off and get out of it. ???? They tell us to go inside - they are doing a 'routine' scan of the car. My mom, who's sciatica is acting up (and is 81) says 'can't I just wait here while you look at it?" But no they take the car and in we go. So my mom is thinking it is her fault and they are going to lock her up and I am laughing because it really was just one of those routine every X car things and there are like 20 of us in customs waiting to get our cars back. Ten minutes later we were out of there. Did my pick up and got some groceries and came back home!

Loads of fun! Now back to work!

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm

ceileigh wrote:I have made a successful sweaty band pickup and returned to Canada with them! :D

It was not without adventure ...

We are waiting in the customs line up and I look at my mom's passport and note it EXPIRED in February! Uh oh ... So we get to the customs guy, he doesn't say much, then asks me to shut the car off and get out of it. ???? They tell us to go inside - they are doing a 'routine' scan of the car. My mom, who's sciatica is acting up (and is 81) says 'can't I just wait here while you look at it?" But no they take the car and in we go. So my mom is thinking it is her fault and they are going to lock her up and I am laughing because it really was just one of those routine every X car things and there are like 20 of us in customs waiting to get our cars back. Ten minutes later we were out of there. Did my pick up and got some groceries and came back home!

Loads of fun! Now back to work!

Oh boy! What a shopping adventure! I've never been pulled in for an xray or search, but I always get so scared in the line up!

We're working out the transfer details, but it looks like we'll exchange them next week at ORW. Dr. S, are you coming to town for the race? I can't remember.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm

jes wrote:Oh boy! What a shopping adventure! I've never been pulled in for an xray or search, but I always get so scared in the line up!

We're working out the transfer details, but it looks like we'll exchange them next week at ORW. Dr. S, are you coming to town for the race? I can't remember.

I'll be in town for the marathon, just unsure about the MnG after the race, we'll have to see how good where feeling...

We are thinking of going to the race kit pick-up on Saturday or if you see Claudie beforehand you could give it to her.

I sent the cheque on Sunday so it should have left Montreal on Monday!!

Thanks for the pick up ceileigh!
Sonia

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Wed May 18, 2011 2:17 pm

I am in Blackburn Hamlet Friday morning if anyone lives around there

Going to expo on the Friday probably 10AM

Hoping to do the M&G on Sunday

I also go to St Lazare many WEdnesday mornings if that is better for Montreal people ...

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm

ceileigh wrote:I also go to St Lazare many WEdnesday mornings if that is better for Montreal people ...

Definitely not helping me! I live on the east side of the island. If worse come to worse, the person who has mine can just mail it to me, it shouldn't be too heavy or bulky!
Sonia

Return to “Gearing Up”