RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Re: RM GEAR! WE'RE READY TO GO! :)

Postby RA. » Tue May 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Sir Crashalot wrote:Has all the gear been sent? I haven't seen mine (montreal) yet
:(

Nope, mine's not here either, Andre. But, I want to say a big thanks to Mike for taking on the task. It is a BIG task, and if he hadn't taken it on, there may not have been a gear order at all.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue May 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Was just hoping for good news! Beyond a doubt, these are huge tasks put on a few shoulders, for that, I am always grateful!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 pm

The rest of it went out friday.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Marg
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Marg » Tue May 24, 2011 6:27 pm

turd ferguson wrote:The rest of it went out friday.

Thanks Mike. Seriously appreciate you grabbing the baton on the back end.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue May 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Thank You Sir!!!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue May 24, 2011 7:34 pm

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue May 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Ironboy wrote:Actually I just called and spoke to Adam (I think) just to see, when I mentioned we currently had an order in the works with him, he said "Oh, RunningMania?"

The sugoi is a minimum of 24, but their "Windblock" jacket is $30 more than the "Windguard" jacket from Champion-sys.

I can vouch for the quality of sugoi products, and to compare he said he could sent me a sample.

I told him we were just starting to look into it and if we went ahead it wouldn't be until the fall, and when the process was further along I'd contact him about a sample.

For the record, we're never going through champsys again. Everything took WAAAAY too long, and it took them literally weeks to answer the simplest questions, or to update proofs, etc. The process was far too frustrating, and they're very unprofessional.

I think for the next one I'll scope out a local supplier here.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 am

ultraslacker wrote:
Ironboy wrote:Actually I just called and spoke to Adam (I think) just to see, when I mentioned we currently had an order in the works with him, he said "Oh, RunningMania?"

The sugoi is a minimum of 24, but their "Windblock" jacket is $30 more than the "Windguard" jacket from Champion-sys.

I can vouch for the quality of sugoi products, and to compare he said he could sent me a sample.

I told him we were just starting to look into it and if we went ahead it wouldn't be until the fall, and when the process was further along I'd contact him about a sample.

For the record, we're never going through champsys again. Everything took WAAAAY too long, and it took them literally weeks to answer the simplest questions, or to update proofs, etc. The process was far too frustrating, and they're very unprofessional.

I think for the next one I'll scope out a local supplier here.

The style of the socks is great, but the color was just a TAD off... I have not taken them on a run yet, but they fit nicely.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Re: Re:

Postby Ironboy » Wed May 25, 2011 9:58 am

Marg wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:The rest of it went out friday.

Thanks Mike. Seriously appreciate you grabbing the baton on the back end.

TMI! What you guys do in private is your own business!

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Mon May 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Mine showed up today - looks good but unfortunately too small. Anyone got a men's large marathon singlet they'd like to trade for a medium?

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Man, it took that long to get from Calgary to Saskatoon? I wonder how long that means it will take to get to Halifax? It's looking like the postal strike may hold mine hostage yet.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Mon May 30, 2011 11:40 pm

RA. wrote:Man, it took that long to get from Calgary to Saskatoon? I wonder how long that means it will take to get to Halifax? It's looking like the postal strike may hold mine hostage yet.
I think the holiday got involved - mine was postmarked Tuesday. But that's still 4 days, I've gotten packages from Montreal in 2 days before.

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Tue May 31, 2011 8:23 am

SOCK REPORT

Going against running convention, I decided to wear my new RM socks for the first time at the Calgary Half. They were great!!!

I ran with my wife, and not being trained, we ran a slow 2:49:12 for our half. Then we stretched a little, walked from the race to the Lialic Festival, then up and down the ENTIRE length of it. Then we had to get to our daughters car, which was 8 blocks from the festival. This was all done wihout taking off my shoes or socks that I had on that morning.

By the time we got home, I had been in my shoes and socks for a full 11 hours. It was a LONG day, but so much fun, and best of all the socks fit well, performed well, and made my feet feel great.

Now if I can just find some orange dye...

have a great day everyone.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

my hoodie is here, my hoodie is here!! :dance: :dance: it's WAY too big for me, but i kind of knew that when i was ordering it :lol: - all the more orange for runners to spot me cheering!

thanks, mike!!

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue May 31, 2011 3:55 pm

My tank made it. So glad I got the Large! It's a little snug, but definitely wearable!

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm

There was mention of extra stock in the socks, are there any XL's left?
Upcoming Races:

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:51 am

Winnipeg's arrived here last Friday - thanks Mike! I really like the vest, though I should really re-lose that 20 pounds I've gained for it to fit a little looser. :lol:

I'm meeting with gymnastgirly for lunch today to deliver her order. :D
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

gymnastgirly
Johnny Miles

Postby gymnastgirly » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Hoodie successfully picked up yesterday from Darth...lunch was yummy too! Nice to get away from the office & meet a maniac for a bit :)

2011 plans
Resolution Run - 48 min (walked...it was COLD!)
WPS Half Marathon - DNF, 1:20ish at 10.75km
Fargo 5K & 10K - 5K walked 48 something. 10K 1:13:55
Try a Trail series
And others TBD...

gymnastgirly
Johnny Miles

Postby gymnastgirly » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:52 pm

deerdree wrote:my hoodie is here, my hoodie is here!! :dance: :dance: it's WAY too big for me, but i kind of knew that when i was ordering it :lol: - all the more orange for runners to spot me cheering!

thanks, mike!!

Does your hoodie have a drawstring on the hood? I'm either blind as a bat, or mine doesn't seem to have one...

2011 plans
Resolution Run - 48 min (walked...it was COLD!)
WPS Half Marathon - DNF, 1:20ish at 10.75km
Fargo 5K & 10K - 5K walked 48 something. 10K 1:13:55
Try a Trail series
And others TBD...

jgore
Abby Hoffman

Postby jgore » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Hmmm. I'm still buff-less.

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:05 pm

I got my singlet a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Holly).
I'm looking forward to debuting it in a race- it's light, and tight, and I think it will make me run fast! :lol:
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:37 pm

gymnastgirly wrote:
deerdree wrote:my hoodie is here, my hoodie is here!! :dance: :dance: it's WAY too big for me, but i kind of knew that when i was ordering it :lol: - all the more orange for runners to spot me cheering!

thanks, mike!!

Does your hoodie have a drawstring on the hood? I'm either blind as a bat, or mine doesn't seem to have one...

yes, it has a drawstring.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 pm

erinmcd wrote:I got my singlet a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Holly).
I'm looking forward to debuting it in a race- it's light, and tight, and I think it will make me run fast! :lol:
How tight is it supposed to be? I feel like a sausage in mine, currently arranging a trade for a large.

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Joe Dwarf wrote:
erinmcd wrote:I got my singlet a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Holly).
How tight is it supposed to be? I feel like a sausage in mine, currently arranging a trade for a large.

I don't know how tight they're supposed to be, but there's definitely not going to be any extra fabric flapping in the breeze. I like a racing singlet to be on the snug side though.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 pm

erinmcd wrote:I don't know how tight they're supposed to be, but there's definitely not going to be any extra fabric flapping in the breeze. I like a racing singlet to be on the snug side though.
Mine's both snug and short. I'm OK with looking a little gay, but this is over the top....

Return to “Gearing Up”