Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 am

Just dropping by to say hi to you amazing Mommas!

I read this thread semi-regularly...because it make me happy. Love the way you have built such a supportive community here.

I really must meet Scrummy's C this summer!!

Carry on! :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 pm

My hip hurts, and both Zack and I are grumpy.

That is all.
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Justin had a 5 hour stretch last night!! This is his 3rd night in a row with a 4+ h stretch. Of course yesterday the older ones were up at the crack of dawn (they share a room now).
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I think that I might actually be able to call myself a runner again!! This makes me so happy. Currently plotting a race or two as I'm just itching to do one soon. Quick, everyone tell me about your upcoming running or racing plans so I can get even more excited!!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 am

Colleen and Kristi- LIKE and LIKE!

I did get out for my run from friday, but went at 6am saturday instead of friday night. 3k total, almost all running :)

I am aiming for another 3ish k on tuesday (or most likely wednesday since tuesday doug is working on the deck all evening), and then 4k later this week.

M is in a growth spurt, and I have been feeding her every 1.5 hours all day yesterday. Thank goodness my mom was over to amuse Gavin all day. But, she did sleep for 4.5 hours straight so I am ok with that. She has a bit of a pattern now, up at 2:30am then again at 5:00ish (sometimes up for the day at 5 :shock: ). I LOVE babyhood (seriously, those of you who like the older kids, give me your babies and I will send you my toddlers!) :lol:
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:10 am

pts, um, I was coming here to offer up my toddler too :lol: Anyone around here who likes toddlers?? Yesterday was such a fail. We had a fmily photo shoot, which was a total gong show with V running away or having a meltdown every time we tried to get a group shot. Lily usually followed :lol: Then last night bedtime was a disaster. After trying to wrestle her down until 11pm, I had a meltdown and DH had to get her to sleep.

Race plans. Um. I was vaguely thinking of doing the Angus Glen half in Nov, but maybe I need motivation to prepare for something sooner than that.

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Yay everyone! Kristi, welcome back! Good for you. And you as well, pts. Yes, anners, you need a goal for sure. Sorry about the bad day yesterday. You need a Keg date!

My toddler is pinching me and pulling my hair and screaming loudly if he does not get his way. Good times! Also though, he is developing such a little personality and I just love him to BITS!!! He is going through another stage where he also loves me too and sometimes screams if he does not get to be thisclose to me. It is kind of crazy, and I feel badly for daddy.
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Lightning wrote:
My toddler is pinching me and pulling my hair and screaming loudly if he does not get his way. Good times! Also though, he is developing such a little personality and I just love him to BITS!!! He is going through another stage where he also loves me too and sometimes screams if he does not get to be thisclose to me. It is kind of crazy, and I feel badly for daddy.

Oh thank goodness I am not alone. We don't have the hair pulling and biting, but we have screaming and punching. We have had a full-on meltdown because he could not be ON me while I was feeding Damon. It is apparently a stage, or so I keep getting told. Deep breaths!!!

Breeze
Percy Williams

Postby Breeze » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 am

Cute baby story: My guy is on his way to crawling. He's scooting right now and only backwards but he often ends up doing the plank when he's trying to figure it out what to do with his legs.

My running is going, well enough that I signed up for the Army half marathon, now I just need to create some sort of training schedule so that I follow through.

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 am

Breeze wrote:Cute baby story: My guy is on his way to crawling. He's scooting right now and only backwards but he often ends up doing the plank when he's trying to figure it out what to do with his legs.

My running is going, well enough that I signed up for the Army half marathon, now I just need to create some sort of training schedule so that I follow through.

Does he get frusterated with it? Gavin used to scream because he was getting further and further away from where he wanted to go. :lol:

I AM running 25 minutes tonight. There, I said it so now i have to do it, even if it is at 9:00 at night (since G is up until then these days- grrr).

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 am

Yay Kristi and pts (advance shout out) for the running! And super cute baby stories Ok, maybe not the pinching or meltdown parts. I have to say though, when I can tolerate it, I think Amelia looks totally adorable and funny when having a meltdown. It makes me laugh.

I have to run the DIFD 10K on Sunday. And thanks to my uber competitive department at work there is some crazy trash talking happening and they are counting me to run a fast time. Scary, that my times are considered fast in this group:lol: . Kind of looking forward to seeing what I can put out there since it's been over two years since I really raced a 10K. But, I'm slightly under the weather too. :(

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

John's latest: throwing himself onto his mattress and crying when Mommy comes in to get him in the morning instead of Daddy. But if Dan has already left for work, he has to deal with it.

He is getting much better with Damon, though, and lightly touches his head when I say he need to be nice to Damon. He also is a good helper, and takes dirty diapers to the garbage for me :)

4 more weeks until I can run! I am looking forward to it. We will see how my pelvis feels about it then...

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

tooo many toys!!!!

I'm trying to clean out our living/toy room. ugh. how did we get so many toys?
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Run done! :) I even got out during daylight while DH played in the backyard with both kids. 26 min and I feel good. :dance:

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:38 pm

pts wrote:Run done! :) I even got out during daylight while DH played in the backyard with both kids. 26 min and I feel good. :dance:

Way to go pts!!! Nicely done!
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:43 am

yay pts for running!!

OK what the heck...is it possible that I have hand foot and mouth disease? I have this blister-like sores all over my palms and soles of my feet. It hurts to walk :? I had a slight fever, sore throat and felt pretty crappy on Wednesday, so I stayed home. Thurs night, the rash started on my palms and now it's on my feet. I google-doctored myself :roll: and my symptoms seem to match hand-foot-mouth, except I don't have it in my mouth. I guess I can try going to my doctor's office's after-hours clinic this weekend, but it looks like they won't be able to do anything if that is what I have. V has shown zero symptoms.

So...no running today :evil: but I did get out for my first bike ride in 2 years :dance:

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 am

anners wrote:yay pts for running!!

OK what the heck...is it possible that I have hand foot and mouth disease? I have this blister-like sores all over my palms and soles of my feet. It hurts to walk :? I had a slight fever, sore throat and felt pretty crappy on Wednesday, so I stayed home. Thurs night, the rash started on my palms and now it's on my feet. I google-doctored myself :roll: and my symptoms seem to match hand-foot-mouth, except I don't have it in my mouth. I guess I can try going to my doctor's office's after-hours clinic this weekend, but it looks like they won't be able to do anything if that is what I have. V has shown zero symptoms.

So...no running today :evil: but I did get out for my first bike ride in 2 years :dance:

Yes, it is possible....

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:06 am

pts wrote:Run done! :) I even got out during daylight while DH played in the backyard with both kids. 26 min and I feel good. :dance:

yaaay! great stuff erin! I'm so impressed that you get out there at the end of the day.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 am

Anners - I hope you feel better soon! My mother says that whenever we passed along germs to her as kids, she always got way more sick than we did.

We had our first illness over here - DH's step-mother gave the baby a cold (grrrr) which she then passed along to me. We had a couple of rough nights of sleep, but I think I felt worse than she did! We're both on the mend then, and survived a cranky day post-two month shots on Thursday. Cold or no colds, we've been enjoying the sunshine and getting out for long walks with the stroller, which she now doesn't hate! yay!

Fitness-wise for me, I feel like I'm finally starting to get a bit faster in the pool. I slowed down a lot while I was pregnant, so I finally feel like I'm starting to get a bit of that back. I'm a long way from where I was, but it's starting. We move to outdoor swimming the week after next, so we'll see how Charlotte does hanging out by the pool without the warm moist air.

Running is going well! I did *almost* 7k this morning. I got the blisters under control with two pairs of socks, so I can keep wearing my orthotics, which I think is helping the little bit of knee soreness I had during my first couple of runs.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:40 am

Great job running pts! Yay for making you feel good.

Also great job to scrummy for running and swimming.

Anners, I hope it isn't anything serious and you get over it soon. I also hope that V doesn't get any of it.

Shout out to all the other mommas!

I haven't run since Tuesday. I have caught a cold from one of the kids and I have finally started feeling better. I guess I won't be making my 4 run goal this week, but I do hope to hit the TM later this morning.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Good work!!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 am

For those of us with great daddy supports, and all of those runing daddy's who occasionally drop into the thread, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

ps. A 2.5 year old cannot keep a secret. We made a card for daddy on friday and I guess Gavin told him that night "We did art, and we did painting and we did a card for daddy too!" :lol:

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 am

Yikes, hope it is nothing serious Anners!

Just came back from my 10K race and I kicked butt! I finally feel like I"m getting back to my old running self. I dug deep and found that motivation that I didn't have for the marathon. Now, to harness this enthusiasum and put it to some good training over the summer!

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Postby Ironboy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:58 am

AndyM wrote:Yikes, hope it is nothing serious Anners!

Just came back from my 10K race and I kicked butt! I finally feel like I"m getting back to my old running self. I dug deep and found that motivation that I didn't have for the marathon. Now, to harness this enthusiasum and put it to some good training over the summer!

I'm happy you had a good race. It was nice to see you out there today!

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Ironboy wrote:
AndyM wrote:Yikes, hope it is nothing serious Anners!

I'm happy you had a good race. It was nice to see you out there today!

Thanks! It was a good day for racing! Glad yours was good too!

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

Return to “The Scenic Route”