Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28

Postby Tori » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Info is slowly coming out. :dance: I am expecting registration to open up shortly for the lottery. If people are interested in running check back on this thread. I will grab a group code for the lottery and post it here. That way if one person's name is pulled the whole group gets to run. 8)

13.1 Miles
A 13.1 mile running tour through the historic streets of Washington, DC on April 28, 2013

15,000 Runners

The inaugural NWM Half DC will host 15,000 fierce women for this inaugural half marathon

1 Great Cause
As always, the NWM Half DC will be a race to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Participants will have an opportunity to train with Team in Training and raise money to fight blood cancers.

0 Excuses

Well, the lottery might be the only valid reason; with every detail planned with a woman in mind, there’s no other reason not to.

All Finishers receive:

-Special benefits based on your NIKE+ color level

-A specially designed Tiffany & Co. finisher's necklace

-A 100% recycled NIKE DRI-Fit finisher t-shirt in women's sizes

-A lavish three day interactive Expotique at Georgetown’s Washington Harbour

-A gorgeous course filled with history and monuments that starts and ends right at the heart of our Nations’ Capitol

-An amazing post-race celebration for you to share your accomplishment with friends, family and 15,000 new running buddies

DATE: Sunday, April 28, 2013

START: Washington, DC

FINISH: Washington, DC

TIME LIMIT: 15 minutes per mile

FEE: $160
Last edited by Tori on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Re: Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Keep me posted! I am trying to get some of the girls i train with to think about it too!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Keep me posted! I am trying to get some of the girls i train with to think about it too!

I will! I have some non-RM friends too who are keen to register. If we have a fair size group using the code, hopefully it increases the chances of getting 1 name pulled.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Since I just cut my trip to DC short, this is more appealing now...
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:46 pm

RA. wrote:Since I just cut my trip to DC short, this is more appealing now...

You know you wanna! 8)

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Tori wrote:
RA. wrote:Since I just cut my trip to DC short, this is more appealing now...

You know you wanna! 8)

I'd love to as well. The last girl's weekend was so much fun!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Sneaky sneaky! Here are the FAQ's for the race. You have to register with Nike+ to be able to apply to the lottery now. Lottery winners will be notified starting December 5.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NWM26.2/app_181997151935745

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:10 pm

A friend coaching with TnT has been sending me different links all afternoon. Looks like the lottery submission process starts November 14th. https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/86815

She was also told, but doesn't know if it's legit, that the Group ID no longer has the same draw benefits as SF. For DC, only one Group ID will be entered into the drawing, instead of each individual name tied to the Group ID. This would explain the new wording in the Group ID section:

Yes, if you are interested in registering as a group, you can obtain a Group ID prior to registering in the random drawing. The ONLY reason to register as part of a group is if you and your friends only want to run the race if you are all together. During the random drawing selections, the group is either accepted as a whole or not at all. Registering as a group does not increase your chances of being selected and having a larger group also does not increase your odds of being selected.

The other thing she pointed out was the Nike+ requirement - which you already uncovered Tori :D

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

If the group gets in I wonder if you have the option of not entering.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 pm

IronColl wrote:If the group gets in I wonder if you have the option of not entering.

Do you mean if you register with the team and the team gets selected, can you opt not to participate? If I remember correctly if your name is pulled, they automatically charge your credit card.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Ok. I was wrongly thinking that my friend's wife opted not to enter San Fran with us but then I remembered she forgot to join our group :lol:

Yeah A wasted post.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:13 pm

abirdd wrote:A friend coaching with TnT has been sending me different links all afternoon. Looks like the lottery submission process starts November 14th. https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/86815

She was also told, but doesn't know if it's legit, that the Group ID no longer has the same draw benefits as SF. For DC, only one Group ID will be entered into the drawing, instead of each individual name tied to the Group ID. This would explain the new wording in the Group ID section:

Yes, if you are interested in registering as a group, you can obtain a Group ID prior to registering in the random drawing. The ONLY reason to register as part of a group is if you and your friends only want to run the race if you are all together. During the random drawing selections, the group is either accepted as a whole or not at all. Registering as a group does not increase your chances of being selected and having a larger group also does not increase your odds of being selected.

The other thing she pointed out was the Nike+ requirement - which you already uncovered Tori :D

Based on this, it sounds like your chances (as an individual) are actually worse if you enter as a group. That is - if you're willing to go if only some people get in, then you don't want to go as a group, because it means the whole team only gets 1 ballot, rather than each getting one. But I could see benefits if a smaller group were set on only going if they all absolutely got in.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
abirdd wrote:A friend coaching with TnT has been sending me different links all afternoon. Looks like the lottery submission process starts November 14th. https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/86815

Based on this, it sounds like your chances (as an individual) are actually worse if you enter as a group. That is - if you're willing to go if only some people get in, then you don't want to go as a group, because it means the whole team only gets 1 ballot, rather than each getting one. But I could see benefits if a smaller group were set on only going if they all absolutely got in.

That is the same wording that I remember for San Fran last time. It is 1 ballot no matter what (although I believe that people who had entrants for the marathon had a better chance of getting in since that race is so small compared to the half - which is not the case this time). They did say that your chances of getting in as an individual was the same as a group. I have gotten in both ways but it is way more fun with a group to make a weekend of it!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

That is the same wording that I remember for San Fran last time. It is 1 ballot no matter what (although I believe that people who had entrants for the marathon had a better chance of getting in since that race is so small compared to the half - which is not the case this time). They did say that your chances of getting in as an individual was the same as a group. I have gotten in both ways but it is way more fun with a group to make a weekend of it!

I see...so you each still get a ballot in the draw, but if like only 5/6 of you are chosen, you don't get in. Got it!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:07 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

I see...so you each still get a ballot in the draw, but if like only 5/6 of you are chosen, you don't get in. Got it!

No - the group gets given a number ex. 1234, and it goes into the lottery machine. When they do the draw, 1234 is pulled and our whole group gets in. The number is just attached to a group rather than an individual.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 am

Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

No - the group gets given a number ex. 1234, and it goes into the lottery machine. When they do the draw, 1234 is pulled and our whole group gets in. The number is just attached to a group rather than an individual.

Got it! I'm slow. :oops:
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:09 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

Got it! I'm slow. :oops:

Hardly! Someone asked about this on the FB group last night, and it took 15+ people to try and explain the process :shock:

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 am

Due to the timing, I don't think I can go. I go to Asia sometime in May but I'm not sure when, and I won't know until at least December.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 am

I'd love to go, and with all of you guys also! It's unfortunately not in the budget, and 2013 will be all about our wedding :D
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Hmmm with NYC gone bye bye I've been looking for something else to excite me .... hmmmmm

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Re: Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28 Group ID 27K4JY

Postby Tori » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 pm

I got a group ID number this evening:

27K4JY

Registration opens later this week. If you want to enter the lottery, you can use this code on your application. If the code is pulled, whoever listed it in their application is accepted into the race.

:D

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Tori wrote:I got a group ID number this evening:

27K4JY

Registration opens later this week. If you want to enter the lottery, you can use this code on your application. If the code is pulled, whoever listed it in their application is accepted into the race.

what's the deadline to enter the lottery? and when do we find out if we get in?
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:

27K4JY

Lottery is november 16 to December 6. Notification if we get in is December10-14.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 am

Here is the link to the race FB page. All the info is on there and they will post the link for registration this Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NWM26.2?fref=ts

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am

Tori wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

27K4JY

Lottery is november 16 to December 6. Notification if we get in is December10-14.

Thanks! not much time for waffling!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Return to “General Running Discussion”