Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Re: Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28 Group ID 27K4JY

Postby Dr. S » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

abirdd wrote:
lorei wrote:Declined :( Oh well, more $$ for xmas!

Or, as I just said to the hubby... Time to capitalize on the $20 Rock N Roll discount today :lol:

Yes definitely that!

That's too bad but I'm sort of relieved since I didn't really have the cash for this trip....!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

lorei
Tom Longboat

Postby lorei » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:38 am

Ok... I somehow got a Second Chance registration offer from the race via email!!

Given that I was feeling spontaneous today, I signed up! I'm quite excited.... for my 2 day 1 night adventure in DC! I'm going to rock this Half!!

P.S. - The email said I was offered the second chance since I had signed up for the virtual 10K Nike+ "Race" this weekend.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 am

lorei wrote:Ok... I somehow got a Second Chance registration offer from the race via email!!

Given that I was feeling spontaneous today, I signed up! I'm quite excited.... for my 2 day 1 night adventure in DC! I'm going to rock this Half!!

P.S. - The email said I was offered the second chance since I had signed up for the virtual 10K Nike+ "Race" this weekend.

That is awesome!!!!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 am

Tori wrote:
lorei wrote:Ok... I somehow got a Second Chance registration offer from the race via email!!

That is awesome!!!!

Better rush home and check your e-mail, Tori ... :shifty: :lol: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 am

HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

I just did and got the email too! :dance: Not sure what to do???? I am checking flight prices.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 am

Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

Ditch Montreal and go to DC!!!!

I just did and got the email too! :dance: Not sure what to do???? I am checking flight prices.
Carm

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm

carm wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

Check out Porter Airlines with this special code "TOPIA" to save up to 50% right now ... :shifty: :P :wink:
https://www.flyporter.com/Flight/Tickets/Select?culture=en-CA

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:17 pm

HCcD wrote:
carm wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

Check out Porter Airlines with this special code "TOPIA" to save up to 50% right now ... :shifty: :P :wink:

Thanks Andy! $300 bucks return!!!!! My mom got the email too but she is working that weekend and then is doing Vancouver the following weekend. I think I will try convince my sis to go down.

lorei
Tom Longboat

Postby lorei » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 pm

HCcD wrote:Check out Porter Airlines with this special code "TOPIA" to save up to 50% right now ... :shifty: :P :wink:

Woohoo, thanks! Flight for $270 return from Toronto. I'm so happy!!!!!! Tiffany blue box, here I come!!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 pm

lorei wrote:
HCcD wrote:Check out Porter Airlines with this special code "TOPIA" to save up to 50% right now ... :shifty: :P :wink:

Woohoo, thanks! Flight for $270 return from Toronto. I'm so happy!!!!!! Tiffany blue box, here I come!!

You're welcome ... And, don't forget with Porter Airlines, Flying has been redefined and they serve free sandwhiches, wine/beer on their flights for free ... their lounge is equipped with free wi-fi and computers as well as snacks, as well .. for those who haven't flown with them before ... :P

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
carm wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

Thanks Andy! $300 bucks return!!!!! My mom got the email too but she is working that weekend and then is doing Vancouver the following weekend. I think I will try convince my sis to go down.

You're welcome, Tori .. You can pass on any savings to Owen's Disney Cruise Fund, 'k ... :)

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm

HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
carm wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

You're welcome, Tori .. You can pass on any savings to Owen's Disney Cruise Fund, 'k ... :)

He does have $80 now in the Disney Cruise fund!

AND I AM REGISTERED!!!!! :dance:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
carm wrote:
Tori wrote:
HCcD wrote:
Tori wrote:

That is awesome!!!!

He does have $80 now in the Disney Cruise fund!

AND I AM REGISTERED!!!!! :dance:

Yay, more Tiffany Bling for you ... :dance: :dance: :P

Just gotta find a hotel now, eh !!!

eta: You started training yet ??? :shifty: :lol: :wink:

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Good for you guys!

I got the same email, except I would have had to register for both the 10 k and the half. Can't pull off a trip at such short notice, unfortunately.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:45 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Good for you guys!

I got the same email, except I would have had to register for both the 10 k and the half. Can't pull off a trip at such short notice, unfortunately.

Our team must have gotten the email since you are person #3 from the group who got it. I had to pay for the 10k too to get the registration. You have to run it sometime this weekend and sync to Nike+ and they send you a shirt. It was definitely short notice but made my day. The race is the week after my rotten hearing finishes at work. Perfect timing!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Tori wrote:

Our team must have gotten the email since you are person #3 from the group who got it. I had to pay for the 10k too to get the registration. You have to run it sometime this weekend and sync to Nike+ and they send you a shirt. It was definitely short notice but made my day. The race is the week after my rotten hearing finishes at work. Perfect timing!

I wonder if it went to those who said they have Nike+ devices? Neither of the girls I run with mentioned anything this morning, and they used the same code.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Tori wrote:

I wonder if it went to those who said they have Nike+ devices? Neither of the girls I run with mentioned anything this morning, and they used the same code.

Perhaps it only went to people who have registered Nike+ accounts since you need that for the virtual 10K. Or perhaps people who both entered the lottery AND have the registered Nike+ account.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Jwolf wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Tori wrote:

Perhaps it only went to people who have registered Nike+ accounts since you need that for the virtual 10K. Or perhaps people who both entered the lottery AND have the registered Nike+ account.

It must be something linked up with Nike workout tools. My mom and aunt were in the group with Scrummy and I and we all got it and I know they both use Nike+ on their iphones and my mom uses the Nike fuel band to track her steps at the hospital on shift. I do log on to the Nike Training Centre and sync all my minutes for strength workouts. It is all attached to the same email address (race registration, Nike+ and NTC app). I am sure Nike is watching who is using their stuff and they must know I spend a fortune at all their races I have gone to. :lol:

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I don't use nike+ and got the invite. I don't have the money for travelling so didn't register.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

lorei
Tom Longboat

Postby lorei » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Hmmm maybe it was just a second " lottery" for some extra spots? Or maybe if you've done a nike race before? I did the full in SF a few years ago.... A mystery for sure!

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Re: Nike Women's Half - Washington April 28

Postby Tori » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

All packed and getting ready to go. Feeling a little weird about the race and waiting to see what changes are in store for security. So far nike has been pretty quiet. They did post today that there are no race photographers on course or at the finish line.

They do have some very cute Tiffany's shoes that I will try and score. :D

lorei
Tom Longboat

Postby lorei » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Tori wrote:All packed and getting ready to go. Feeling a little weird about the race and waiting to see what changes are in store for security. So far nike has been pretty quiet. They did post today that there are no race photographers on course or at the finish line.

They do have some very cute Tiffany's shoes that I will try and score. :D

Those Tiffany blue shoes are on my list too! Not getting in until Sat so they'll likely be sold out by then... Sigh

Not sure why they aren't having photographers...doesn't bother me, I hate all my race photos anyway :D

Excited to race ! Weather looks decent, maybe a bit wet.

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Just stopped in to say "Go Ladies Go" - have a great time in DC :D

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Have fun girls!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Just saw the pictures of the shoes on Facebook. Seriously cute!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Return to “General Running Discussion”