Jogging Obama

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

lorei
Tom Longboat

Jogging Obama

Postby lorei » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

He sure can move in a suit!!

I like this posting mostly for the "poetry".... :D

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/obama-jogging-photos-jog-rhymes.html

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Re: Jogging Obama

Postby dgrant » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Lookin' good for a man in his 50s.

It's funny how the only not-in-shape president in the past hundred years is the one who made the ladies swoon. If I had a time machine I would make in-their-prime Gerald Ford, the two Bushes and Obama compete in an American Gladiators competition. That would be fun. That would be a good use of a time machine.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Jogging Obama

Postby turd ferguson » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 pm

No big surprise that a Kenyan is a big runner.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:22 am

turd ferguson wrote:No big surprise that a Kenyan is a big runner.

:lol:
I wonder if this is the proof Donald Trump is looking for? :lol:
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Stampie wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:No big surprise that a Kenyan is a big runner.

:lol:
I wonder if this is the proof Donald Trump is looking for? :lol:

For sure. If he was a real American he'd be riding a Rascal scooter to all those appearances. I bet the guy doesn't even have Type II diabetes. What a fraud.

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 pm

dgrant wrote:Lookin' good for a man in his 50s.

It's funny how the only not-in-shape president in the past hundred years is the one who made the ladies swoon. If I had a time machine I would make in-their-prime Gerald Ford, the two Bushes and Obama compete in an American Gladiators competition. That would be fun. That would be a good use of a time machine.

Dave, you are so right. That would be a very good use of a time machine. I'd especially love to see who runs the Gauntlet successfully.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Ford, Bush 41, Obama, Roosevelt.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:31 pm

turd ferguson wrote:

Oof, I don't know. The wheelchair would be a solid base for the joust, but I don't like his chances going up the pyramid.

Speaking of which, we need to bring back polio so we can have a thriving wheelchair industry again. Roosevelt had great wheelchairs... oak, maple, teak. Today's wheelchairs are so utilitarian. Where's the style?

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 pm

dgrant wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:

Oof, I don't know. The wheelchair would be a solid base for the joust, but I don't like his chances going up the pyramid.

Speaking of which, we need to bring back polio so we can have a thriving wheelchair industry again. Roosevelt had great wheelchairs... oak, maple, teak. Today's wheelchairs are so utilitarian. Where's the style?

Clearly this is a guy who's never seen Murderball

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm

turd ferguson wrote:
dgrant wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:

Clearly this is a guy who's never seen Murderball

Ugh, okay fine. We'll get Roosevelt some fingerless gloves and he's in.

Return to “General Running Discussion”