David's Tea

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
Tori
Jerome Drayton

Re: David's Tea

Postby Tori » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks Jesse for the fall update! I am low too on my tins. I still drink tea over the summer. I make a big mug each day at work.

My regulars will probably need to be refilled this weekend. I usually get David's Organic breakfast, lalalemon, and Kokomo dragon for my green tea.

I have a 100g of pumpkin chai left from last year. I am not sure if I like it. :? I will give it another try but may put it out to a new home with my fellow tea lovers.

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 am

Just got the email about the Fall Collection. I still don't understand these boxed sets. If you bought 25g of all of the fall teas it would cost $7.25 LESS than if you bought the box. So you are paying extra for the packaging??
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 am

fe.RMT wrote:Just got the email about the Fall Collection. I still don't understand these boxed sets. If you bought 25g of all of the fall teas it would cost $7.25 LESS than if you bought the box. So you are paying extra for the packaging??

I think they now come with Filters. But yes, totally agree!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:48 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
fe.RMT wrote:Just got the email about the Fall Collection. I still don't understand these boxed sets. If you bought 25g of all of the fall teas it would cost $7.25 LESS than if you bought the box. So you are paying extra for the packaging??

I think they now come with Filters. But yes, totally agree!

For 7.25 I could buy ANOTHER 100g of something!!

2013:

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Just bought apple pie today. It smells amazing! Will give my review shortly. :D

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Bought today:

Full tin of Pumpkin Chai (YAY!)
Pistachio Cream
Sugar and Spice

2013:

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:21 pm

fe.RMT wrote:Bought today:

Pistachio Cream
Sugar and Spice

That's exactly what I bought!

I tried a sample of the Cocoberry yesterday and though it was yucky. Maybe because it was iced?

I love the smell of the Mom's Apple Pie, but I don't like green tea.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Half-Mary
Jerome Drayton

Postby Half-Mary » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I picked up 25g of Sugar and Spice and also restocked up with Read My Lips because that one is just awesome and is a permanent item for me. I'm holding out for November when the winter teas come out and I can stock up on Chocolate Chili Chai which is my all-time favourite.

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:56 pm

A co-worker was telling me that at her old office, they had a "David's tea bar" and I'm thinking of starting one at ours. I'll need to buy some staples. Unfortunately, she and I have opposite tastes - I like black tea and she avoids caffeine.

The benefit is that if there's something I don't like, I'm sure someone else in the office would!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:48 am

deerdree wrote:A co-worker was telling me that at her old office, they had a "David's tea bar" and I'm thinking of starting one at ours. I'll need to buy some staples. Unfortunately, she and I have opposite tastes - I like black tea and she avoids caffeine.

The benefit is that if there's something I don't like, I'm sure someone else in the office would!

that would be fun! i have left out teas i didn't like in my office kitchen with a sign saying people should take them, and they did. there are a few other David's lovers on my floor - - it's fun to play "guess the tea" when you see the mug of dry leaves waiting for the kettle.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 am

I think I might also finally be over my Chocolate Rocket OD and ready for more of that!!

The closest David's to me now is about 7k away by bicycle (versus across the road from work when I was in Toronto). And it's in a mall which doesn't thrill me. But my mom and I drove out there yesterday and took a look around.

2013:

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:40 am

Totally in love with Mom's Apple Pie!!!!! I don't find it tastes like a green tea at all. I am on my second cup this morning. I can't stop smelling my mug. I only bought 50g of it, so I will definitely need to go and get some more to stash away for the fall and winter.

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 pm

fe.RMT wrote:I think I might also finally be over my Chocolate Rocket OD and ready for more of that!!

The closest David's to me now is about 7k away by bicycle (versus across the road from work when I was in Toronto). And it's in a mall which doesn't thrill me. But my mom and I drove out there yesterday and took a look around.

Closest to me is the one in oakvile place mall, which is quite the drive. And I don't love their costumer service. My best experience was one near yonge/eglinton. That's how I learned about the co-worker's tea bar - she put out a call to see if anyone wanted in on her online order. I would LOVE to have one in walking distance.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 pm

deerdree wrote:
fe.RMT wrote:I think I might also finally be over my Chocolate Rocket OD and ready for more of that!!

Closest to me is the one in oakvile place mall, which is quite the drive. And I don't love their costumer service. My best experience was one near yonge/eglinton. That's how I learned about the co-worker's tea bar - she put out a call to see if anyone wanted in on her online order. I would LOVE to have one in walking distance.

The one nearest to me has fabulous customer service. It's definitely not walking distance, but it's in a neighbourhood where we go quite frequently to visit friends or run errands etc.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

deerdree wrote:

You should come up to ours, then we can have our M&G at The Works since we have one of those too ;)

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Postby n_fraser » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 am

Pistachio Cream
Sugar and Spice

Oooh...how is pumpkin chai and sugar and spice?

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 am

I should have not clicked on this thread :lol:

I think I refuse to let summer go. There are quite a few teas I want to try but what did I buy yesterday? I bought a tin of Queen of Tarts! I like to make it as an iced tea.

I think I might walk over to check out something more 'fall' like.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
Don't give up before the miracle.
**formerly campbellskid**

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:01 pm

n_fraser wrote:

Pistachio Cream
Sugar and Spice

Oooh...how is pumpkin chai and sugar and spice?

Pumpkin Chai is a fave of mine and was so excited to stock up again. Sugar and spice is nice: cinnamon-ish. I normally drink my tea 'black' but this one needs a bit of sweet (maple syrup is my usual). Not loving the Pistachio Cream. It is too floral for me.

2013:

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:51 am

fe.RMT wrote: Not loving the Pistachio Cream. It is too floral for me.

agree! not for me.

I love Pumpkin Chai, but sugar and spice is like a milder version. It's ok, but if I want a cinnamon black tea, I'll go with the chai.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Today I had:
Sugar and Spice - I quite liked it.
Pumpkin Chai- very yummy
Mother's Apple Pie- I think I let it steep too long. It smelled better than it tasted.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Don't give up before the miracle.

**formerly campbellskid**

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:37 pm

braveheart wrote:Today I had:
Sugar and Spice - I quite liked it.
Pumpkin Chai- very yummy
Mother's Apple Pie- I think I let it steep too long. It smelled better than it tasted.

That's the thing with a green tea, if you steep it too long it becomes astringent. I had Mom's Apple Pie last night, it was meh. I like my fruity teas to taste fruity, and because it was a green tea I couldn't steep it long enough to get the fruitiness. So it essentially smelt like heaven but tasted like bland green tea.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 am

I like Mom's Apple Pie, but I found that I had to get the water temperature right (the tin says 83 degrees) and not let it steep too long.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Bought some new flavors today including Sugar and spice (YUM!), cabane à sucre (YUM!), île de rêve (haven't tried it yet) and pumpkin spice. They were having a tasting of a mystery flavor (black tea, mint, coco, cornflower petal) that was really tasty so I got a tinful. There's a contest right now to give a name to the flavour and it will only be available storewide in January.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Dr. S wrote:Bought some new flavors today including Sugar and spice (YUM!), cabane à sucre (YUM!), île de rêve (haven't tried it yet) and pumpkin spice. They were having a tasting of a mystery flavor (black tea, mint, coco, cornflower petal) that was really tasty so I got a tinful. There's a contest right now to give a name to the flavour and it will only be available storewide in January.

What are Cabane a Sucre and Ile de Reve in English? Oh Canada and Fantasy Island?

I didn't make it to the tasting today, but it sounds like my cup of tea (ha!). Didn't realize I would have to wait until January - boo!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:What are Cabane a Sucre and Ile de Reve in English? Oh Canada and Fantasy Island?

Yes and yes, I think Oh Canada has become one of my favorite sugar craving teas!

The mystery tea is awesome!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”