Horror Hill - October 26/13

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Horror Hill - October 26/13

Postby Robinandamelia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:18 am

Anyone running this? I'm considering registering this year. I read Ron's report from last year and the conditions were brutal so hopefully not a repeat. I'm running Chicago on the 13th and thinking of leveraging off my marathon training to run this event, either the 3 hour or the 6 hour.

Chainsaw Baby
Bruce Kidd

Re: Horror Hill - October 26/13

Postby Chainsaw Baby » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Hey Robinandamelia. Horror hill is an interesting trail race, where you don't have to worry about being separated from your drop bag for too long. The 2.5K loop allows for a few nutrition/hydration mistakes without the penalties incurred during a hot race with 20K between drop bag visits!

You also get to carry on these bizarre conversations with other runners, as you see them when they (or you) lap you (them)! Even in bad weather, there is a heated room that can be used to change.

If you enter the 6 hour, you really get your money's worth!
It's a hill. Get over it!

www.runnningchallenged.blogspot.com

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Chainsaw Baby wrote:Hey Robinandamelia. Horror hill is an interesting trail race, where you don't have to worry about being separated from your drop bag for too long. The 2.5K loop allows for a few nutrition/hydration mistakes without the penalties incurred during a hot race with 20K between drop bag visits!

You also get to carry on these bizarre conversations with other runners, as you see them when they (or you) lap you (them)! Even in bad weather, there is a heated room that can be used to change.

If you enter the 6 hour, you really get your money's worth!

cbaker1
Tom Longboat

Postby cbaker1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Pat puts on a great race. Looks like Christa and I will be there again this year. Its a dirt trail, that gets muddy when it rains so if its dry its a nice course.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:23 pm

I registered today for the 6 hour event!! Looking forward to it as it will be the longest I've ever run.

timc
Johnny Miles

Postby timc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm

We're going to be out of town that weekend, otherwise I would be interested. They do have a similar event in January that I might be up for.
~ Tim ~

2014 Race Results:
Re-Fridgee-Eighter 8 mile - 22 February - 56:22 (PB)
Around the Bay 30K - 30 March - 2:29:10 (PB)
Sulphur Springs 50 miler - 24 May - 10:12:20 (PB)
Summer's Night Classical 5K - 9 July - 20:10 (PB)
ENDURrun International - 10-17 August - 1:39:41 (PB)/1:11:00 (PB)/2:59:29 (PB)/1:20:51 (PB)/2:48:50 (PB)/44:22 (PB)/3:55:42
Oktoberfest 5K Fun Run - 13 October - 19:55 (PB)

Next Races:
???

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:42 am

Just registered for the 6 hour.

Lots of fun memories of slip sliding away in the muck last year.

Why am I thinking snow :dance:

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:31 am

Won't be able to run this weekend. Graciously, do to my circumstances, the race director has allowed me to defer my race entry until next year. I'm amazed and thankful. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures and participating in 2014.

Robin

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 am

Looks like the weather is going to be a cut / paste from last year! I crossing my fingers for a snow event :dance: :dance:

cbaker1
Tom Longboat

Postby cbaker1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:17 am

Good luck this weekend. I am recovering from 15 marathon / ultra finishes (+ 2 DNFS that were both beyond a marahton) this year. As much as I love this race, both Christa and myself need to heal our bodies.

We will be teaching the 1/2 marathon clinic at the Kingsway running room (Toronto) and I probably won't run until the clinic starts in another week and a bit. I expect to be back, hopefully healed up for the Indoor marathon or 6 hours in January.

On a side note, we had a couple of runners / RD's speak at the last clinic we did. If anyone would like to speak (and wants a 30% off Running Room coupon) on a topic they are knowledgeable on inbox me. We are always looking for new speakers as some of the participants are repeats and I hate to have the same people come talk if people have already listened to them.

Chris

West Grey Runner
Bill Crothers

Postby West Grey Runner » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:09 am

CB See you in Jan....wouldn't miss it. Will be thinking of you and Christa whilst slip sledding away in the mud with wet snow , rain , high winds and so on and so forth.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”