Manitoba Marathon Q's & A's

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Re: Manitoba Marathon Q's & A's

Postby turd ferguson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:06 pm

CAW wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:CAW's post on registering for Manitoba prompted me to bump a great thread that started with the greatest running question of all time. Hard to believe this was SIX YEARS AGO.

HCcD wrote:My friend was curious on just how flat the Manitoba Marathon course is ?? :roll: :wink:

I think we should have another big RM invasion this year. Scotty and I have lived in Manitoba for almost 2 years and still have only met eme (we met Donna at the Army Run in 2011). Since we'll be moving back to Ontario a few weeks post marathon, this might be the Manitoba Maniacs last and only opportunity to get to experience our awesomeness in person! ;)

YOU MET ME!

I might be down for that. I'll be two weeks post-ultra, might be a good excuse to do a BD trip to the 'peg
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:19 pm

turd ferguson wrote:
CAW wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:CAW's post on registering for Manitoba prompted me to bump a great thread that started with the greatest running question of all time. Hard to believe this was SIX YEARS AGO.

HCcD wrote:My friend was curious on just how flat the Manitoba Marathon course is ?? :roll: :wink:

I think we should have another big RM invasion this year. Scotty and I have lived in Manitoba for almost 2 years and still have only met eme (we met Donna at the Army Run in 2011). Since we'll be moving back to Ontario a few weeks post marathon, this might be the Manitoba Maniacs last and only opportunity to get to experience our awesomeness in person! ;)

YOU MET ME!

I might be down for that. I'll be two weeks post-ultra, might be a good excuse to do a BD trip to the 'peg

You're not a Manitoba maniac, you're an anomaly. And I met you when I came to Calgary in 2010.

You haven't met Scotty yet, though. ;)
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Now that he Calgary 50k ultra is Sold Out, it is no longer and option for me :cry: :shifty: and, Manitoba Marathon may be back on the radar, as it has been quite a while since my last visit to the 'peg .. :shifty: still considering the Dumbo Challenge on Labour Day weekend, but ..... ??? Think I may check out the fligts and hotel availability sooner than later now ... :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

barebuns1
Bill Crothers

Postby barebuns1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:26 pm

I wouldn't mind running Winnipeg again. I last ran it in '11. I remember that it is a very flat and fast course! I would have to look up the date but I think it is around 16 June?
If you have to ask me why I Run, You probably wouldn't understand!

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:48 pm

barebuns1 wrote:I wouldn't mind running Winnipeg again. I last ran it in '11. I remember that it is a very flat and fast course! I would have to look up the date but I think it is around 16 June?

It's always Father's Day
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:49 pm

CAW wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:
CAW wrote:

YOU MET ME!

You're not a Manitoba maniac, you're an anomaly. And I met you when I came to Calgary in 2010.

You haven't met Scotty yet, though. ;)

You met me too! I'm a transplanted Manitoba Maniac now.

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
barebuns1 wrote:I wouldn't mind running Winnipeg again. I last ran it in '11. I remember that it is a very flat and fast course! I would have to look up the date but I think it is around 16 June?

It's always Father's Day

Yep 15 June.

155 days away.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

KBO
Ben Johnson

Postby KBO » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Great memories reading thru these old posts. Habs even posted for the first time on RM in this thread!

I'm sure we'll be around for marathon weekend. We've run the relay the last couple of years with friends, but not sure what our plans are this year. Our team name has been Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Run. ;-)

Anyway, I'm sure it would fun to resurrect the Maniac Manitoba Marathon weekend.

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Seriously might need to come. :shock:

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:13 pm

KBO wrote:Great memories reading thru these old posts. Habs even posted for the first time on RM in this thread!

I'm sure we'll be around for marathon weekend. We've run the relay the last couple of years with friends, but not sure what our plans are this year. Our team name has been Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Run. ;-)

Anyway, I'm sure it would fun to resurrect the Maniac Manitoba Marathon weekend.

Yeah, we were sad that there hasn't been one lately....

I'd love to meet CAW & Scotty! (Though I'm still not sure if I saw them in the Ikea parking lot a few months ago)....
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 pm

KBO wrote:Great memories reading thru these old posts. Habs even posted for the first time on RM in this thread!

I looked up the results of this race again.
SURPRISE!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:44 pm

turd ferguson wrote:

SURPRISE!

OMG! I bet if either of you could look back at the race pics you'd be in the finishing photos together. Way cool!
~Kara~

— Thich Nhat Hanh

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:46 pm

turd ferguson wrote:

SURPRISE!

That's hilarious!

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:51 pm

CAW wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:

SURPRISE!

OMG! I bet if either of you could look back at the race pics you'd be in the finishing photos together. Way cool!

I just looked - we're not in each other's finishing photos. I started nearer to the front of the pack (was trying for the BQ) so I suspect I was in front even though her net time was lower.

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/ ... 20Marathon

(ETA: we did meet after the race in the infield)

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:35 pm

That's very funny. :lol:
We were both younger then too.

That was the first time I met many of the Winnipeg crew (and Turd).

daddy_runner
Bill Crothers

Postby daddy_runner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:16 am

I definitely won't be running the MM since it's only 1 weeks after an ultra. But I'll be out cheering people on! Bean and I will be on the median waiting for mommy_runner to do her half marathon. I could be convinced to hang out a little while longer and make an "RM corner".
Plan for 2017:
END-SURE 25k...done! 2:30:23
Spruce Woods Ultra volunteering...done!
Kettle Moraine 100
Western States 100 crewing
Falcon Fatass 50k
Superior 100

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:50 am

Is there gonna be a 2014 Hoopla in the 'Peg by chance??? :shifty: :shock: :lol: :wink:

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:21 pm

If you are coming Andy we will make sure there is Hoopla! ;0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 pm

NewFinnLoper wrote:If you are coming Andy we will make sure there is Hoopla! ;0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:shifty:

Just checking flights and hotels at the moment .... though, likely nothing 'til the next round of seat sales are in the offering ...

grimskot
Bill Crothers

Postby grimskot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:05 pm

I will be doing *something* at the MM this year, most likely. If my 50K in May is held as planned, there would be enough time between it &Father's Day to register for &run the half marathon. (Or possibly the full :shifty:) OTOH, if the 50K gets delayed like it did last year, then I'll likely volunteer for handing out race kits and/or working the finishing area, like I did last year. Have to wait a few months to see which way things land.
Plan for 2016:
Jun 25: St. Malo Triathlon - Sprint - done
Jul 16: Morden Triathlon - Sprint - done

Return to “General Running Discussion”