Cabot Trail Relay

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Cabot Trail Relay

Postby n_fraser » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Who has done the Cabot Trail Relay and what were your experiences? I put a team in the lotto this year, and am also wondering what our odds are of getting in! Our "Captain" is from California, so maybe that will help?

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Re: Cabot Trail Relay

Postby drghfx » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:20 pm

I've done it about 8 times. Lots of fun, lack of sleep and lots of camraderie amongst the teams. There are no really easy legs. Gently undulating hills just means they aren't as long and steep as the longer, steeper hills/mountains.

The fact you look like a California team will probably help you out. I'm not sure how many applied this year but I'd say you have at least an 80% chance of getting in.

If you do get in, I'll give you a few things that work for our team during the race.

Good luck!
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Postby n_fraser » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:23 am

Thank you! I will definitely pick your brain if we get in.

alexk
Bill Crothers

Postby alexk » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:30 am

I was lucky to participate in the CTRR a few years ago - it was, no doubt, the most fun I've had in a running race! And the Cabot Trail is breathtakingly beautiful. I hope you get in. Fingers crossed for you :).
We train more joyfully and productively when we focus on the now, rather than on our future race day performance. It's a long road from here to there with many miles to go. We need to run each one. Accept where you are today and simply be thankful for the work you've accomplished. KA

Return to “General Running Discussion”