Alternatives to Asics Kayano?

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Andes
Johnny Miles

Alternatives to Asics Kayano?

Postby Andes » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Hello, I have a shoe dilemma and would really appreciate any suggestions! I have run in Asics Kayano shoes for years. However, my current shoes are Kayano 20s (womens size 7). I tried some Kayano 22s, and the fit does not work for me at all - the upper feels extremely tight on my feet. I tried Brooks Adrenaline as an alternative, but the fit is not comfortable. Can anyone suggest a shoe that fits similarly to the old Kayanos? Thank you in advance! :D

eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Alternatives to Asics Kayano?

Postby eme » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:18 pm

I haven't worn them in a while, but you may want to try Saucony Hurricanes.

Andes
Johnny Miles

Postby Andes » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Thank you - I'll take a look at them!

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I feel your pain. The Gel DS Trainer has also gotten really tight over the toe box. I hate my current pair.

I tried a pair of the new Asics DynaFlyte and I love them. They're my current "A" shoe.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:28 pm

turd ferguson wrote:I tried a pair of the new Asics DynaFlyte and I love them. They're my current "A" shoe.

Was wondering if anyone had tried them yet...thanks.
I usually run in Saucony's. The Guide could be a cheaper replacement for the Kayano if it has enough support. Or the Hurricane as already noted.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:40 am

If you look around, you could/would likely be able to find a pair or two or three of remaining previous year's models, usually at around 50% or better on clearout prices ... I do not pay full retail anymore and usually will stock up at 50-75% discounted models ... Do not really care, as long as it is within 2-3 years stock .. :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Andes
Johnny Miles

Postby Andes » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 pm

If I had thought ahead, I could have stocked up, but at this point I can't find my size anywhere. If I find a shoe I love again, I will stock up for sure!

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:11 am

I switched from the Kayano years ago because of the price. I went to the 2000 series of Asics, and they've worked well for me. I also ran in the Brookes Adrenaline (I won a pair at an event) and liked those, too, I'm now back in Kayanos (22) because I got a pair for $75 at an outlet mall in Arizona. Not sure what I'll go to next - maybe whatever I can get a deal on at the race expo in Chicago.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Return to “Gearing Up”