Jerome Drayton

Working Saturday

Postby toobusy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:15 am

Called to work yesterday and today, so just 15 min yoga today

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Working Saturday

Postby Habs4ever » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Haven't looked at my garmin yet, but I think we did about 11km in lots of snow laying about with lots of snow coming down. Beautiful morning for a run though. We had a visitor from Halifax come out to group run this morning, that was nice to know Google is working for our club.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:02 pm

16K through a thin layer of fresh snow, -16 WC -20.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Crappiest running conditions ever, but I couldn't very well wuss out on the first weekend of KK training, could I? So I put on my trail shoes and headed out on the snow-laden sidewalks for my planned 8 miles. It was mostly trudging, very little running, and the hardest workout I've had in ages. Deep, greasy, slushy, slippery, fresh snow the entire way. I mistakenly thought that sticking to a main route (Canada Way) would be a good idea for clearer sidewalks, and was brutally disappointed. So few bits were shoveled that I stopped to say thank you to the handful of people I saw with shovels in hand. Got slush-sprayed twice by careless drivers, landed my feet in icy puddles at least 4-5 times, and was slipping and sliding for the entire "run". Overall, perfect training run. I've gotten soft. ;) Now for some pizza and wine...

Ran to a skytrain 8 miles from home and took the train back. It was better (mentally) than turning around half-way and going back through the sludge I had just done.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Caocao
Tom Longboat

Postby Caocao » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Did about 10k skating on the canal with my boy. Pretty good ice conditions.

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:31 pm

ultraslacker wrote:Crappiest running conditions ever, but I couldn't very well wuss out on the first weekend of KK training, could I? So I put on my trail shoes and headed out on the snow-laden sidewalks for my planned 8 miles. It was mostly trudging, very little running, and the hardest workout I've had in ages. Deep, greasy, slushy, slippery, fresh snow the entire way. I mistakenly thought that sticking to a main route (Canada Way) would be a good idea for clearer sidewalks, and was brutally disappointed. So few bits were shoveled that I stopped to say thank you to the handful of people I saw with shovels in hand. Got slush-sprayed twice by careless drivers, landed my feet in icy puddles at least 4-5 times, and was slipping and sliding for the entire "run". Overall, perfect training run. I've gotten soft. ;) Now for some pizza and wine...

Ran to a skytrain 8 miles from home and took the train back. It was better (mentally) than turning around half-way and going back through the sludge I had just done.

You are awesome!
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 pm

4K walk in the snow.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm

chunkymonkeymelonhed wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:Crappiest running conditions ever, but I couldn't very well wuss out on the first weekend of KK training, could I? So I put on my trail shoes and headed out on the snow-laden sidewalks for my planned 8 miles. It was mostly trudging, very little running, and the hardest workout I've had in ages. Deep, greasy, slushy, slippery, fresh snow the entire way. I mistakenly thought that sticking to a main route (Canada Way) would be a good idea for clearer sidewalks, and was brutally disappointed. So few bits were shoveled that I stopped to say thank you to the handful of people I saw with shovels in hand. Got slush-sprayed twice by careless drivers, landed my feet in icy puddles at least 4-5 times, and was slipping and sliding for the entire "run". Overall, perfect training run. I've gotten soft. ;) Now for some pizza and wine...

You are awesome!

ditto
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Our run along the Skytrain path from Burnaby to False Creek was marginally better. Slush, some untouched 4-5 inch deep snow and occasional lovely , freshly shoveled stretches. We definitely expressed our gratitude to anyone we saw our shoveling.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Spirit Unleashed wrote:
chunkymonkeymelonhed wrote:

You are awesome!

ditto

Double ditto. Way to get stuck in!!

My knee was still tender this morning, so I skipped the group run again and watched soccer on TV. Played soccer tonight and the knee behaved itself after it was well warmed up.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Return to “General Running Discussion”