Long weekend Sunday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Long weekend Sunday

Postby Jwolf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:42 pm

With Habs away, we have missed the daily thread a few times! We miss you, Habs.

Today I did 75 minutes of cardio at the gym: 30 min on elliptical then 45 spin bike. I have finished week 3 of my non-running recovery period.

What's up for everyone else on this long weekend?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Re: Long weekend Sunday

Postby marymac442 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 pm

10k run this morning and then another 5 or 6 k walk this afternoon - I went downtown and watched the Pride parade by starting at the end of the route and walking to the start.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:14 pm

I went to a spin class. First in years. And first since my epilepsy diagnosis. Conclusion: won't be doing that again. Had a VERY intense partial in the middle of class. I think it was the combo of high heart rate, high breathing, low air circulation, high stimulation (loud music, etc). Too many triggers in one place. I left the class with a headache and feeling crappy. Spin not for me anymore I guess! Back to running and hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Jwolf wrote:With Habs away, we have missed the daily thread a few times! We miss you, Habs.

I'm back now! Should get into my regular running schedule tomorrow, although, I am in taper for Edmonton marathon on August 20th.
Two days of marathon driving. MB/ON border to Minot, ND yesterday then Minot, ND to home today. We like road trips!
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Return to “General Running Discussion”