what should be my next ?

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

what should be my next ?

Postby Iron-North » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:38 pm

I am shopping soon..very soon! In august I always get my new pair of runners. Always the same old asics cumulus something. I am an extra-supinator. There is a lot on the market for pronators, neutral runners but not a big collection for us supinators.

Anyone has anything to recommand for a change?

Helene
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

Madame Bourette
Jerome Drayton

Postby Madame Bourette » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:11 am

If you like the Cumulus, why not buy the same?

Have a look at the Nimbus, more expensive but you may like it.

Have a look at your dog to make sure he won't eat the laces again. :wink:
"Ok, j'vais l'faire le maudit Ironman!" North of Hélène, Dec 15, 2008.

Running Mania moderator-in-training

Portentous
Bill Crothers

Postby Portentous » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:06 am

I agree with Eric, stick with what works. I get into a frenzy when my shoes get discontinued. I'm extremely loyal and hate change (well, like every male wouldn't complain about a few women in my bed, but my wife wouldn't like that change at all! :shock: ) If a pair of shoes work, and feel great why risk change? Besides at over $100, it's an expensive gamble. Moreover, I consider staying injury free the most important thing, and a new pair of shoes can throw you out of whack.

Once we are on the topic...
Buy your car, and don't lease it. Nobody needs a new car every few years. Buy a great car, and you should enjoy it as much at year 6 as year 1. I'm still driving a 1996 Audi, and have no plans on selling. If I leased a Kia or a hyundai since 1996, it would have cost me more, I'de be getting stuck in the snow, and I'de never love my car. The only benefit to leasing is that at least my car would be clean every few years :shock:

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:22 pm

I'm glad I asked the question before doing something stup'd. You are right, I should keep the same shoes until they no longer make them. I should be spending my money on some new tech clothing instead of risking a new pair of shoes that won't do.....Phew!! :roll:

And no, we don't lease cars anymore. We did it once and we learned....we now buy planes....He he he ! :D

And no, my dog is NOT going to eat my shoe laces cuz I put them way high so he can't reach them!!! :shock: ah HHHHHA!!!

Helene :wink: and thanks for the advices!!!

Ironman Cozumel 2014

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 am

Stick with the same shoes as long as they have not made any "adjustments" to the model.

I am very loyal to shoes, but learned my lesson the hard way a few years back when Saucony messed with the Hurricane. Redesigned shoes, big injury. Try them on and make sure they feel the same.

Then go spend money on something else....
"Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them."

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:25 am

lovethehills wrote:Stick with the same shoes as long as they have not made any "adjustments" to the model.

I am very loyal to shoes, but learned my lesson the hard way a few years back when Saucony messed with the Hurricane. Redesigned shoes, big injury. Try them on and make sure they feel the same.

Then go spend money on something else....

I have come to my senses and I will buy the same old but perfect fit.

Helene :D :D :D

Ironman Cozumel 2014

Return to “Gearing Up”