Run Skirt ALERT

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Run Skirt ALERT

Postby lovethehills » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:15 am

I know this should be in the "gearing up" section, but I wanted everyone to see it asap.

lululemon has the run skirt in their stores. I bought one yesterday, ran in it last night and absolutely LOVED it!! It's $45.00, not too bad, the same as a good pair of running shorts.

In a related matter, see the classifieds...

Happy Shopping!
"Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them."

Cheermidget
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cheermidget » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:06 am

Ooooh, Lulu. The only store that makes pants that *flatter* one's behind. My team's uniform pants are from Lulu.

How long (or short) are the running skirts?

Must...go...to...Lululemon...but...have...no...money....dilemma....
~Rae

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:26 am

sorry to sound clueless, but is that a brand name, or a store? if it's a store, i haven't heard of them here. but i'd really like a running skirt!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:31 am

It is a store that manufactures their own brand and style of clothing. It started in Vancouver, but has expanded quite a bit. They do sell through other stores.

http://lululemon.com/

As Cheermidget mentioned, they are particularly known for their butt flattering yoga pants. :)
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:42 am

ah, thanks! there is a store here in halifax that carries them. may have to check that out this weekend.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:13 pm

YAAAAAYYYY!!! I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. I was going to reward my speed efforts with a trip to Queen West anyway! That's not a bad price at all, especially considering the skirtsports ones were like $90 Canadian.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:16 pm

quickchick....

question of the day for you...are you a runner or a shopper :wink: :lol:

Joanne
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:quickchick....

Joanne
does one have to choose??? that would be awful...

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm

When I saw this post I was thinking of something completly different :lol: :oops:
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:40 pm

jacob42.2 wrote:When I saw this post I was thinking of something completly different :lol: :oops:

You can't post that and not tell us what you were thinking!!??

[$45 is way too much for me to spend on any piece of clothing, unless I'm wearing it on my precious feet.]
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:49 pm

I was hoping..err..I mean I thought that maybe there was a defect in the design that would benefit..uhh well nevermind haha

RUNNING MANIA #2

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:14 pm

jacob42.2 wrote:I was hoping..err..I mean I thought that maybe there was a defect in the design that would benefit..uhh well nevermind haha

Ah, the short flared skirt scenario.

Just so you know Jacob, the running skirts come with shorts underneath, so the situation you describe likely wouldn't happen. :wink:
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:18 pm

yes I figure as much, but with the Alert...A guy can wish can't he?

RUNNING MANIA #2

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:quickchick....

Joanne

I can't bear to pigeonhole myself... :)
Truth be told I DO shop a lot, but I don't really buy a lot of stuff (for myself that is). I am totally happy spending an entire day "just looking", which is probably what I'll do tomorrow except for the skirt! It's been a bit outta control lately though because: It's summer and I'm not at work every day; I live on Queen St. so I step out my door and there's stuff to look at; I've been to Chicago, which totally stimulated my shopping bug; I've had a ton of birthday and bridal presents to buy this summer.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:47 pm

QuickChick: Queens street has sent theirs to another store because they don't think they have enough of a "running population" to sell them. Head to Bloor street if you can.

Don't ask how I know all of this!!

Running Angel: Wild Flower clothing in Halifax carries lululemon. Go see Jill, she's GREAT, and she's a runner!
"Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them."

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:50 pm

lovethehills wrote:QuickChick: Queens street has sent theirs to another store because they don't think they have enough of a "running population" to sell them. Head to Bloor street if you can.

Don't ask how I know all of this!!

Running Angel: Wild Flower clothing in Halifax carries lululemon. Go see Jill, she's GREAT, and she's a runner!

I am laughing out loud right now. You are the run skirt QUEEN!
Thanks!

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:54 pm

In actual fact, I am a semi-shopaholic. When I find something great, I want to tell everyone!! I'm a FREAK, but who cares really!

You see, my motto has always been:

" If I'm not going to win the race, I have to atleast look good doing it!"

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:56 pm

jacob42.2 wrote:yes I figure as much, but with the Alert...A guy can wish can't he?

to tell you the truth, I thought that's what the "alert" meant, too... but I wasn't as hopeful as you, Jacob. :P
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

runlikeagirl
Bill Crothers

Postby runlikeagirl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:04 pm

I LOVE Lululemon gear. Kind of pricey, but so worth it. I have a few pieces of their clothing and the quality, style and comfort is awesome!

A few months ago I attended a focus group at Lululemon for runners. It sounded like they were looking to add more running gear to their line-up.

They also gave me a $100 Lulu gift card for attending (cha-ching!) 8)
Angela
----------------
"I just felt like running" - Forrest Gump

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:05 pm

hahaha, I didn't even THINK of that! I'd be mortified if something like that happened while I was running. Actually, I'd probably start laughing...

Rest easy Jacob, they have little shorts underneath in case there's a gust of wind :wink:

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:05 pm

lovethehills wrote:Running Angel: Wild Flower clothing in Halifax carries lululemon. Go see Jill, she's GREAT, and she's a runner!
ya, that's the one i found on their site. funny, i had never heard of that store before. guess i have a new store to check out this weekend!

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:11 pm

She's on Clyde Street I think. Super nice.

Runlikeagirl, that's SO funny. I was asked to attend a design meeting in the spring and that's how all this came about! The gift card is a nice touch!

runlikeagirl
Bill Crothers

Postby runlikeagirl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:20 pm

lovethehills wrote:Runlikeagirl, that's SO funny. I was asked to attend a design meeting in the spring and that's how all this came about! The gift card is a nice touch!

What a coincidence. I was at a design meeting in March at the Yonge and Eglinton Store.

My interest in Lululemon occurred when I went to their warehouse sale downtown in Feb, I think. It was lulu heaven.
Angela

----------------

"I just felt like running" - Forrest Gump

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:01 pm

I GOT MY SKIRT!!!! They don't have them in Yorkdale at Lululemon, but they did at Yonge/Eglington. I got a black one and it's PERFECT! :D

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:37 pm

I don't think I am going to get one. I would have to start shaving my legs... who has that kind of time.

But if it goes with Angela's betty top.... Hmmm, i wonder
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

Return to “Gearing Up”