Postby rockstar79 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:50 am

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some superstitions are fun. :D

30 minute run later today.
Next?
:)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 am

Bit chilly out there this morning, compared to the last few days ... brrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Hope it is a quiet day at the office today ... just wanna snooze ... :wink: :oops:

Plan to get in some sort of a workout before my evening shift later today ... not sure if it will be a run or a spin ... we'll see ....

Me ... suuperstitious ?? Nope .... :shifty: knock, knock, knock on wood :pray: :wink: :lol: well, maybe a little :oops: :oops:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:19 am

I'm very superstitious! In University, I always wore the same purple sweater during exams without washing it.... not sure why but that's how I did it lol

Suppose to be a rest day but I want to do my strenght workout tonight.

Going on the CRUISER in the morning and then visiting the Wastewater treatment plant of the City :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Gibbers
Percy Williams

Postby Gibbers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:13 am

I can be quite superstitious too - especially with clothing! I have worn the same tshirt and hoodie for all of Max's operations. Since it worked well the first time, I am afraid to try something new.

Looking forward to a good mid afternoon run home from the PD day today. I love running in the sunshine!

Happy Friday!

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 am

Nope not at all... (fingers crossed).

Still battling this cold and it is zapping all my energy. This weeks MLR run is just not going to happen. Managed 6.2km this morning and that was all I could do.

Second Graston appointment at lunch.

Long weekend ahead - WooHoo. MrsS and I are heading up to Cedar Cove for a Valentines Cottage weekend on the lake. Hoping to get in a good snow show run on the lake tomorrow, followed my a scrumptious dinner delivered to the cottage. Yummy.

Have a great day. Keep battling.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Re: T. G. I. Friday the 13th......

Postby Run26.2 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:42 am

Marg wrote:I'm going to cycle and then strengthen.

I'm not superstitious... are you?
:)
I broke my hip on a Friday the 13th many, many years ago......but I'm not superstitious.......crazy hair day at school day as well as "I love Math" day.....lots of fun!
I am caoching a basketball practice tonight so that might be the extent of my running......stay safe everyone 'cause it's icy out there!
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

MrsStrider
Bill Crothers

Postby MrsStrider » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:51 am

rockstar79 wrote:Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some superstitions are fun. :D

Me too! I totally agree. :lol:

Rest day for me today. Can't wait to enjoy our weekend at Cedar Cove - I love it up there and especially when I get to spend time with my Strider. xoxox

Hope your day is Happy everyone!
Mrs. Strider :)
.....What I can't do is ALL in my Head. What I CAN do is ALL in my Heart.

blank
Bill Crothers

Postby blank » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:10 am

Not superstitious at all! :shifty:

Rest day here too.

Just registered myself and ratherBrunning for the Ottawa Marathon. :D
The price goes up by $10 after the 15th.

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:15 am

Mrs and I just registered for the 1/2. Yup beat the price increase.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Engmomma
Abby Hoffman

Postby Engmomma » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 am

Dr. S wrote:I'm very superstitious! In University, I always wore the same purple sweater during exams without washing it.... not sure why but that's how I did it lol

Going on the CRUISER in the morning and then visiting the Wastewater treatment plant of the City :D

Wastewater treatment plant. WWOOTT!!! Totally cool....no seriously...I am totally fasinated with the process. Working for the C of Guelph WWTP was one of my favourite jobs.

My Friday the 13th has so far started with a heated discussion with the 15 year old about how rude and insensitive he is sometimes. :x :x Moving on now.

Tonight is picking up my DD's new guinea pigs (total surprise for her); picking up rude teenage; making cupcakes; and possibly if I don't fall into a heap of exhaustion a zip on the trainer tonight.

Otherwise a 6k run tomorrow and 14k Sunday.
The Summer of Eng is over.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:26 am

Rest day today, just in time to call the furnace repair people - stupid funace didn't come on this morning :?.

Have a great day everyone,

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:41 am

Not really supersticous at all. In fact I've had some very good days on Friday the 13th!

Rest day for me today, and well, we'll see what the next week brings, as I will be on a cruise ship in the sunny Caribbean! I don't plan on being a complete slug! But I do plan on eating alot!

Have a great weekend (week) everyone!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 am

Engmomma wrote:
Dr. S wrote:I'm very superstitious! In University, I always wore the same purple sweater during exams without washing it.... not sure why but that's how I did it lol

Wastewater treatment plant. WWOOTT!!! Totally cool....no seriously...I am totally fasinated with the process. Working for the C of Guelph WWTP was one of my favourite jobs..

I have to agree. I toured one in grade 9 and even though it took a while to adjust to the smells, it is one of my most memorable high school memories. Just fascinating.

ok workout is done... hoping for a decent day!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 am

An easy 6km run this morning before work - the wind was COLD! Tonight - visiting a friend in the hospital, and then a birthday dinner for another friend.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:00 am

I'm not superstitious about Friday the 13th. I have a couple of other superstitions, but they are few and minor.

Last night, I did a steady bike trainer ride for 1:20.

This morning, I went to the gym and did an interval workout on the treadmill: 4.51 miles (7.26km) in 40 minutes for an average pace of 5:31/km. Full details in my training log.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:12 am

6:30 AM spin class. Some hill climbing. Low cadence strength work.

Ran home from work last night and managed not to get blown away. A slightly 'tougher' run than normal. Nice to push the pace a little. Unfortunately the kiniseotape does not seem to be winning over the plain, old fashion athletic tape. I would say the kinesiotape was about 25% as effective....
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:20 am

Bad luck Friday...after all the snow and great skiing/snowshoeing in Ottawa this winter I arrive with skis in hand and it rains and all the xcountry trails are closed :cry: :evil:

On the bright side I had a great evening with an Ottawa maniac last night, and after my friend from Toronto arrived we sat up all night talking :D

Oh yeah - and dropped some $$ in the nation's capital after a visit to Bushtukah and a local cycling store.

I am becoming a sloth however - haven't done anything active since Monday :cry:
But I'm feeling better so should be back at it soon.

Have a great Friday 13th everyone (this is a bumper year - there's one next month too :shock: )
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:29 am

I'm not superstitious but those Friday the 13th movies, especially the one that was released in 1985-86 - really freak me out!

Two of my brothers celebrate their birthday today. They're not twins but were born exactly 5 years apart.

I felt so awful yesterday that I left work before lunch and slept all afternoon. I am feeling much better today so I'm thnking a good spin with my new shoes (finally got the cleats mounted) and perhaps a swim afterwards. Long run tomorrow and family visit on Sunday. Looking forward to a relaxing day on Monday - skiing or snowshoeing if we get some fresh snow.

Enjoy the weekend all! :)
Last edited by msdesigner on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 am

msdesigner1 wrote:I'm not superstitious but those Friday the 13th movies, especially the one that was released in 1985-86 - really freak me out!

Speaking of which ... anyone planning to see the 2009 version of Friday the 13th, tonight /weekend ?? :shock: :lol: :wink:

Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

runcherylrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runcherylrun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 am

Other than spawning I don't know how many silly horror movies, the day doesn't really make a difference to me. :D

I'm going to get an eliptical/trainer session in shortly.

Afterwards it's a day in the city with my sister & then the Brian Adams concert tonight.

This will be the 4th time my sister & I have seen him - the first time was 28 years ago when he was a nobody opening for Loverboy. I like him but it's my sister who's the HUGE fan. Should be a fun time. :D :D :D

Have a good one everybody !!!!

Bebette
Bill Crothers

Postby Bebette » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:36 am

I am taking a day off to take care of the girls.

I had an unexpectedly good run this morning--1h at 5:30min/k pace. This is faster than usual for an easy run these days and my heart rate was lower than usual. I will take it after yesterday's desastrous treadmill run.

Waterfront Trail condition update: I headed west on the trail up to the marina this morning. The conditions west of the Humber Bridge are oretty good. There are still some icy patches, but it is pretty easier to get around them.
I run because it's fun.

In another life:
3 marathons including Boston twice (PB: 3:47), 6 halfs (PB: 1:45), 6 10k (PB: 46:41) and 3 5ks (PB: 21:00)

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 am

Not superstitious about 13, but I do have asian culture superstitions...no number 4 for me!

I took today off since I don't get Monday off for family day. 700m in the pool done :)

Jogger Barbie
Bill Crothers

Postby Jogger Barbie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 am

Definitely I'm superstitious but not really about Friday the 13th. I do tend to have a "lucky" shirt that I will wear for each race (weather permitting) until something goes wrong and I have to find a new one.

Anyway, this Friday the 13th started off with a great race pace/tempo/fast run on the TM. I LOVE my fast Friday runs, they make such a difference for the day and even the entire weekend. :)
Jacqueline
--------------
19 marathons (3:24:56), 9 30 km ATBs (2:21:33), 2 Midsummer 30 km (2:22:07), 15 half marathons (1:33:53), 5 10 Ks (44:17), 1 5K (22:59), 1 50 K (4:29:22)
2015: London :)
2016: Boston, followed by injury rehab and then ???

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am

Not superstitious.

I was sick as a dog yesterday. I hope I do shake this pneumonia soon. I am getting really "sick" of being sick.

Everyone have a great day! :D
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

Return to “General Running Discussion”