Monday, Monday ...

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Monday, Monday ...

Postby HCcD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 am

It's Family Day here in Ontario, pretty well everybody off except for the Feds :? Although, the McD's across the street was open, so I won't be starving today ... :shock: :lol: :wink: :oops:

Hope to get in some sort of workout later on this afternoon .... :pray: :pray: :pray:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Monday, Monday ...

Postby RA. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 am

I decided that any run would be better than no run, so I'm aiming to do a few extra 3k runs before work in the morning. For some reason, it's much easier to convince myself to get up a little early to run 3k, whereas 5k sounds not so fun. :lol:

Headed out for 3k, and misjudged how far 3k would be, so did 4k instead. The quads are still really tired though. But, I ended with downhill on the last half, so it felt easier to finish.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 am

Recovery week. So 1900 m in the pool
IMC 2015

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 am

Have the day off, but I'm working... always working. Sigh.

Haven't quite decided whether I'm going to spin today or not - body is tired, but brain could use the distraction. Time will tell... spin is in 45 minutes, so I guess I better make up my mind! :)
Next?
:)

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:07 am

once the bus finally came....it was a quick trip downtown! :)

It's home-yoga night tonight.....this week's free class is: "Unwind the Mind" - description: "Unwind the mind though a series of reclining twists with Sarah. Designed to stimulate and massage the internal organs, this practice will leave you feeling detoxified and rejuvenated! "

Hopefully I'll make it through the full hour! :) It'll be tough to not watch the Olympics for that hour though!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

getfit
Jerome Drayton

Postby getfit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 am

HCmD wrote:It's Family Day here in Ontario, pretty well everybody off except for the Feds :?

Actually my dh had to work today and he doesn't work for the Feds. He said company told them they already had required number of STAT days :roll:
I haven't decided how I'm going to spend Family Day with my daughters, maybe we'll go see a movie. I'd love to go hiking, but that's a no go because of my sore foot. Hopefully will get a workout in at some point today.

Enjoy your day everyone.
"I'm not sufficiently organized or ambitious to do all the things you're supposed to do if you're serious. The more time you spend fiddlediddling with this and that, the less time there is to run." ED WHITLOCK

daddy_runner
Bill Crothers

Postby daddy_runner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:29 am

Hopping on the hamster wheel. See you guys in 2 hours.
Plan for 2017:
END-SURE 25k...done! 2:30:23
Spruce Woods Ultra volunteering...done!
Kettle Moraine 100
Western States 100 crewing
Falcon Fatass 50k
Superior 100

Kristen
Bill Crothers

Postby Kristen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 am

dale_nesbitt wrote:Hopping on the hamster wheel. See you guys in 2 hours.

Have a good one, Dale!

This morning I made blueberry pancakes for my husband, seeing as it's Louis Riel Day and all. :wink:

I'll get my recovery run in a little later today. I might go for a hike first, though... it is beautiful out there.

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:44 am

It is a bit warmer this morning in Myrtle Beach. ( About 7 degrees Celsius ). I went out for a 21.1 km race pace run. I finished it in 2:18:45. This included a few moments picking myself up after being clipped by a car that pulled out of a driveway without looking right. As there were bushes right to the sidewalk I didn't spot her until the last moment. I almost avoided her, but her rear fender caught my right knee and spun me around and down. I spun enough to be able to get my hands down and complete a football roll back uo to my feet. The lady didn't even stop. I checked myself over and trundled on.
My knee is scraped and the palms of my hands are a bit rough but other than that everything seems okay. I am icing my knee now and will apply some Aloe Vera in a few moments.

run4cardio
Bruce Kidd

Postby run4cardio » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 am

Tortoise - you have to be careful out there. Cars backing out of driveways are my number one enemy. Drivers often don't take the time to check both ways - they just look in the direction of the oncoming traffic and if you are running towards the traffic they just don't see you. I hope the injury isn't to serious and you recover quickly.

A quiet day at home today. Went to the passport office with the DW to get her renewal underway - the process was very fast and efficient which surprised me after my previous experiences. I plan to do a run late this afternoon - probably before the sun sets.

Have a great day.

Tony in Markham
To run is to live!

ROW
Bill Crothers

Postby ROW » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 am

tortoise wrote:It is a bit warmer this morning in Myrtle Beach. ( About 7 degrees Celsius ). I went out for a 21.1 km race pace run. I finished it in 2:18:45. This included a few moments picking myself up after being clipped by a car that pulled out of a driveway without looking right. As there were bushes right to the sidewalk I didn't spot her until the last moment. I almost avoided her, but her rear fender caught my right knee and spun me around and down. I spun enough to be able to get my hands down and complete a football roll back uo to my feet. The lady didn't even stop. I checked myself over and trundled on.
My knee is scraped and the palms of my hands are a bit rough but other than that everything seems okay. I am icing my knee now and will apply some Aloe Vera in a few moments.
Thats horrible for someone to do that!

Will try 8km later, hopefully my groin won't hurt. Just woke up at 11. I am really taking advantage of these weekends now. :D

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 am

Happy Family Day to those of you who get to celebrate it! :D

Was supposed to be a rest day for me but I switched with tomorrow, took an early lunch today, and got my 5km in. Leaving for Ottawa shortly and tomorrow will be crammed full so not time for nuttin' !

Have a good day everyone!
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

gamma j
Bruce Kidd

Postby gamma j » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 am

tortoise wrote:... after being clipped by a car that pulled out of a driveway without looking right. As there were bushes right to the sidewalk I didn't spot her until the last moment. I almost avoided her, but her rear fender caught my right knee and spun me around and down. I spun enough to be able to get my hands down and complete a football roll back uo to my feet. The lady didn't even stop. I checked myself over and trundled on.

:shock: Did she not notice she had hit you? Glad that you were able to "bounce" back!

Jean :D

gamma j
Bruce Kidd

Postby gamma j » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:16 am

After being out with a head cold last week, a curling bonspiel the wknd before & taking a break from running, I'm ready to start my next training schedule.

Today, I'll be watching olympics - family day by myself - but will get on my bike & indoor trainer for the 1st time since getting it set up. I'm hoping that watching the olympics while riding will keep me motivated.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 am

gamma j wrote:
tortoise wrote:... after being clipped by a car that pulled out of a driveway without looking right. As there were bushes right to the sidewalk I didn't spot her until the last moment. I almost avoided her, but her rear fender caught my right knee and spun me around and down. I spun enough to be able to get my hands down and complete a football roll back uo to my feet. The lady didn't even stop. I checked myself over and trundled on.

:shock: Did she not notice she had hit you? Glad that you were able to "bounce" back!

Did you tr@sh her house ?? :shifty: :evil: :evil:

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 am

Hope you're okay Ken!!

I'm hoping to do my phyio exercices and some sort of strenght training tonight.

Have a good one!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 am

wishing we had family day here... SO tired. Rest day from running though... my legs are a bit sore, lol.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:24 am

Ken, that sounds terrible. I hope you recover quickly!

It's Family Day here. Feds work regardless so I am having a team picnic with my staff at lunch.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 am

Marg wrote:Ken, that sounds terrible. I hope you recover quickly!

It's Family Day here. Feds work regardless so I am having a team picnic with my staff at lunch.

So, that was you and your Team outside with picnic baskets this morning :shock: :lol: :wink:

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 am

Marg wrote:Ken, that sounds terrible. I hope you recover quickly!

Except for feds who have no daycare today and no school for kids! :? I toyed with going to work today, since I was home with a sick kid on Friday, and had no family related leave left for Friday, so used vacation leave instead, and vacation leave today. But in the end, my laziness and desire to watch Olympics won out and I stayed home. :D
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Ken, Myrtle Beach doesn't seem to be treating you too well. I can't believe she didn't stop! Glad you're okay and hope you recover well.

Out for a short run this morning. Can I just say that I hate starting over?
BG

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Small victories today are worth being celebrated. I really wanted to go home at lunch for a quick nap, but I went to the gym for strength work instead. I think it was the right decision. I skipped pushups and one legged squats in favor or extra stretch time. I'll try to remember to do them at home tonight.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 pm

BaldGuy wrote:Out for a short run this morning. Can I just say that I hate starting over?

A wise woman (RA ;) said to me last week, "no run ever really sucks compared to not running."

You'll get there. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Officially registered today for my 10th consecutive Ottawa Marathon.....I seem to have gotten into this habit, the last 3 years at least, of registering for 2 marathons at a time as I'm also signed up for Chicago on 10/10/10. Oh well, where better to spend your money than on the pain and suffering that comes with a marathon ;)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Run26.2 wrote:Officially registered today for my 10th consecutive Ottawa Marathon.....I seem to have gotten into this habit, the last 3 years at least, of registering for 2 marathons at a time as I'm also signed up for Chicago on 10/10/10. Oh well, where better to spend your money than on the pain and suffering that comes with a marathon ;)

Only 2 marathons at a time ... what an amateur ... :shifty: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Running Discussion”