Stores - Running Apparel

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
User avatar
lbgradwell
Tom Longboat
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Central Toronto (Bathurst & St. Clair)

Postby lbgradwell » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:51 am

lonerunner wrote:Just came back from Costco with 3 long sleeve AVIA coolmax shirts. Only $16.99 each. I have a few of their short sleeve shirts and love them.

Just wanted to let everyone know they were there.


Crap. I missed this advisory! :cry: Bargain price!

Does anyone know if they are still at a Toronto store?

LG
Carpe Viam! ("Seize the Road!")

Maniac #132!!!

User avatar
tritorun
Tom Longboat
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Brooklin, Ontario

Postby tritorun » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:10 pm

I was at Costco today and there are selling Coolmax for 14.99 and Nike Dryfit (I think it was dryfit) tech shirts for $24.xx

Paul
7 Marathons and counting!
Peterbourough Half 2007 (5:02:38)
Ironman Canada - 2007 (11:29:51)
with the slowest Marathon of my life

Up Next- rest for a while.

User avatar
dgrant
Lynn Williams
Posts: 13854
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:01 am
Location: Down by the river

Postby dgrant » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:11 pm

tritorun wrote:I was at Costco today and there are selling Coolmax for 14.99 and Nike Dryfit (I think it was dryfit) tech shirts for $24.xx

Paul


:shock:

Nuhvub

Postby Nuhvub » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:41 am

Great information

User avatar
Doonst
Abby Hoffman
Posts: 10598
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: the corner of Sixth and Where Do I Go?
Contact:

Postby Doonst » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:49 am

Great bump. I'd just like to add that Foot Tools in Burlington and Milton now take RR coupons (Vector/Propel). And to all you new trail runners, they sell most Montrails at 125, which after 20% coupon is only a hundred.

http://foottools.ca/
next up:


This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

hyajil
Bill Crothers
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:32 am
Location: Winnipeg

Postby hyajil » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:03 pm

There's new running store in Winnipeg call City Park Runners. Just opened today, at 2091 Portage just west of Overdale. Run by a husband and wife team, super nice people, full selection of shoes, and so far mostly Sugoi and Pearl Izumi clothes, but a few pieces of Brooks too. They've promised more to come.

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Postby eme » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:47 pm

hyajil wrote:There's new running store in Winnipeg call City Park Runners. Just opened today, at 2091 Portage just west of Overdale. Run by a husband and wife team, super nice people, full selection of shoes, and so far mostly Sugoi and Pearl Izumi clothes, but a few pieces of Brooks too. They've promised more to come.


Any skirts?

User avatar
D-Man
Bill Crothers
Posts: 3802
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:16 pm

Postby D-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:52 pm

hyajil wrote:There's new running store in Winnipeg call City Park Runners. Just opened today, at 2091 Portage just west of Overdale. Run by a husband and wife team, super nice people, full selection of shoes, and so far mostly Sugoi and Pearl Izumi clothes, but a few pieces of Brooks too. They've promised more to come.


Where abouts is this place?? I'm not really familiar with that part of the city....

what are the prices and selelction like?? (compared to Stride ahead, and RR)

User avatar
Agent Provocateur
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2836
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Postby Agent Provocateur » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:00 pm

hyajil wrote:There's new running store in Winnipeg call City Park Runners. Just opened today, at 2091 Portage just west of Overdale. Run by a husband and wife team, super nice people, full selection of shoes, and so far mostly Sugoi and Pearl Izumi clothes, but a few pieces of Brooks too. They've promised more to come.


What? Are they open Sundays? Mmmm, running clothes!
Love life, eat plants, do yoga.

hyajil
Bill Crothers
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:32 am
Location: Winnipeg

Postby hyajil » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:55 am

eme wrote:Any skirts?


Nope, not yet.

D-Man wrote:Where abouts is this place?? I'm not really familiar with that part of the city....

what are the prices and selelction like?? (compared to Stride ahead, and RR)


It's just down the street from Sargeant Sunday, across from Assiniboine Park.

I didn't look too closely at the prices, I wasn't really shopping for anything, just visiting.

Agent Provocateur wrote:What? Are they open Sundays? Mmmm, running clothes!


They are open Sundays, and they're having a group run today at 10:30.

User avatar
Agent Provocateur
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2836
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Postby Agent Provocateur » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:02 am

hyajil wrote:
eme wrote:Any skirts?


Nope, not yet.

D-Man wrote:Where abouts is this place?? I'm not really familiar with that part of the city....

what are the prices and selelction like?? (compared to Stride ahead, and RR)


It's just down the street from Sargeant Sunday, across from Assiniboine Park.

I didn't look too closely at the prices, I wasn't really shopping for anything, just visiting.

Agent Provocateur wrote:What? Are they open Sundays? Mmmm, running clothes!


They are open Sundays, and they're having a group run today at 10:30.


So... who owns this store? Do you/we know them? I may have to go check them out!
Love life, eat plants, do yoga.

hyajil
Bill Crothers
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:32 am
Location: Winnipeg

Postby hyajil » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:09 am

Agent Provocateur wrote:So... who owns this store? Do you/we know them? I may have to go check them out!


Their names are Erick and Cheryll Oland, I'd never met them before yesterday but Scoob had heard of Erick and his dad since they're both accomplished cyclists. The moved to Winnipeg four years ago and have been working on opening a store for at least the last couple. And - they used to be the Saucony reps in BC.

User avatar
freddybeachpete
Bruce Kidd
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fredericton
Contact:

Postby freddybeachpete » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:25 pm

I was at our local Sears yesterday and noticed that they had a lot of shirts suitable for running available (at least in the men's section) and they were all 30% off. I've never worn what I assume is their "house brand" called, I believe R&R (made of a wicking material), but they were only $14 after discount. They also had Adidas (climacool) and Nike (dryfit). My other spot for great bargains is Winners and now is the time that a lot of the running stuff has found its way into the Clearance racks!
2009 Goals:

UNB Indoor Tri (Feb)
Fredericton Race Weekend (May)
"Blind Guys Tri Team" @ Joe's Team Sprint Tri, Muskoka, Ont. (July)
Lobsterman Oly Tri, Freeport ME. (Sept)

User avatar
a_beacher
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 4646
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby a_beacher » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:22 pm

lonerunner wrote:Just came back from Costco with 3 long sleeve AVIA coolmax shirts. Only $16.99 each. I have a few of their short sleeve shirts and love them.

Just wanted to let everyone know they were there.


I scored a few of those too. However, they are moving very fast. I was there last week and there was tons of them. However, this week, the selection is dwindling. Hurry Shop Today!

User avatar
runjanerun
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 5078
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:15 pm
Location: Trenton

Postby runjanerun » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:47 pm

For anyone who is going to be at the PEC marathon - my friend Sandy will have her store (Tri & Run Sports) set up there. I believe Mizuno is a big sponsor of the run and she will have a lot of Mizuno stuff there. Plus she has a bunch of stuff on clearance that she will be taking too, I think. She also sells Saucony clothes, Asics, Pearl Izumi, Sugoi. I am sure I am forgetting lots.
Jane
________________________

User avatar
TriJenn
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2834
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:47 am
Location: Soon to be Ottawa, ON

Postby TriJenn » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:49 pm

Oh no, you had to tell me that there were new shirts at Costco...

Bushtukah in Ottawa is great- lots of good stuff and it actually goes on sale. If you are lucky, you can find cheap shoes on their clearance table. My SIL got a pair of Asics for under $30 once. She does have little tiny feet, though.

And you know, Zellers sometimes has quick dry stuff too- cute designs and really cheap. Got a couple of cute t-shirts for about $17 each.

I am a total gear girl- I have way too much stuff.

Oh, and Robena.ca has really really cute cycling jerseys/running jerseys. She is in Hamilton or Oakville, I think. All made locally... Really nice lady.

Jenn

User avatar
CdnMarathonGirl
Tom Longboat
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Kitchener

Postby CdnMarathonGirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:39 pm

Just back from Costco (Cambridge Ontario store)- tons of women's running shirts:
* Avia Coolmax short sleeve with small zip pocket 6 colors 14.99
* Avia coolmax long sleeve med weight 4 or 5 colors 16.99
* Columbia Titanium long sleeve full zip with hood and fold over hand covers 24.99 (i got pink and turquoise, don't remember what other colours)
* Avia coolmax long sleeve full zip shirts
* Avia fleece
and tons of yoga stuff.

I've never seen so much running gear at Costco.

Sorry guys, I didn't check to see what they had for you.

User avatar
scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams
Posts: 19368
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Bliz wrote:Just back from Costco (Cambridge Ontario store)- tons of women's running shirts:
* Avia Coolmax short sleeve with small zip pocket 6 colors 14.99
* Avia coolmax long sleeve med weight 4 or 5 colors 16.99
* Columbia Titanium long sleeve full zip with hood and fold over hand covers 24.99 (i got pink and turquoise, don't remember what other colours)
* Avia coolmax long sleeve full zip shirts
* Avia fleece
and tons of yoga stuff.

I've never seen so much running gear at Costco.

Sorry guys, I didn't check to see what they had for you.


Enabler!!! I bought some of the long sleeve shirts a few weeks ago - love them. But I could go for one of those full zip hooded ones! Might need to go back...
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

User avatar
Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman
Posts: 10531
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Montreal, QC

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Pegasus
1920 ave Pierre Peladeau
Laval, QC
H7T 2Z1
Tel: 450 682 3885

If you are ever in Montreal, stop by & ask for Renato or Scott!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

User avatar
Beerslinger
Bill Crothers
Posts: 1411
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 pm
Location: Alert Bay, B.C.
Contact:

Extreme Runners

Postby Beerslinger » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:43 pm

I go to Extreme Runners in Courtney/Comox. Might be useful for anyone in the Military as there's a base there.
Too tired to get out training? Two words - Floppy Manboobs.

2008 - bmo Vancouver 1/2: 2:28:17 PB!!

Please support me in the ride to conquer cancer

User avatar
soccergrrl
Johnny Miles
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 pm
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario

Postby soccergrrl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:38 pm

I know this is an old post but I thought this was worth mentioning.

Costco (at least in Markham) has Avia long sleeved cool-max training shirts (thumbholes and 1/2 zip) for...$9.97. Do you believe it? I believe it. I bought 2. They have limited sizes left (a few medium and a lot of large).

They also had a men's version that was fleece lined for $24.99. Looked like lots of colours and sizes in that style.

Happy shopping!

User avatar
scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams
Posts: 19368
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:47 pm

soccergrrl wrote:I know this is an old post but I thought this was worth mentioning.

Costco (at least in Markham) has Avia long sleeved cool-max training shirts (thumbholes and 1/2 zip) for...$9.97. Do you believe it? I believe it. I bought 2. They have limited sizes left (a few medium and a lot of large).

They also had a men's version that was fleece lined for $24.99. Looked like lots of colours and sizes in that style.

Happy shopping!


thanks for the tip! I wonder if my costco will have any left...
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

myfeethurt
Percy Williams
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:29 pm

Postby myfeethurt » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:19 pm

Out There in Calgary- Under the radar as a "running store", because it isn't a specialty store, but you'll find Sugoi, Mountain Hardware, NorthFace, Ice Breaker, Salomon, Vasque and many more well-known brands that offer running gear. Plus, I work there so you can't go wrong :)

User avatar
invisible
Percy Williams
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:07 pm
Location: West of the West Island, Quebec, Canada.

Re: Stores - Running Apparel

Postby invisible » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Monk wrote:Hey... can anyone recommend stores in their city that stock running gear, other than 'that other place'?


I'm new to this forum. What is 'that other place'?
90 percent of the game is not giving up.

User avatar
jgore
Abby Hoffman
Posts: 8437
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:31 am

Re: Stores - Running Apparel

Postby jgore » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 am

invisible wrote:
Monk wrote:Hey... can anyone recommend stores in their city that stock running gear, other than 'that other place'?


I'm new to this forum. What is 'that other place'?


Many long-time members of this forum were originally members of the Running Room discussion board - some still are. There was some "tension" between the two for a while, for reasons that aren't important. The Running Room was referred to as "that other place" or just "the RR".


Return to “Gearing Up”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest