'Born to Run' Author in Ottawa this Saturday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

RyanGrant
Percy Williams

'Born to Run' Author in Ottawa this Saturday!

Postby RyanGrant » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 am

Very excited for our SoleFit Speaker Series event this Saturday in support of impossible2Possible (all profits go to i2P)! In my field of work, Christopher McDougall's Born to Run was such an influential book (and a New York Times bestseller) and was a real game changer in the world of running biomechanics. Born to Run is also currently being made into a feature film starring Matthew McConaughey - how cool is that! Needless to say, I'm super excited to hear him speak about this and his new book Natural Born Heroes this weekend!!
I also just spoke with Ray Zahab yesterday afternoon, and Ray is going to be delving into some specific training tips that he uses to prepare for his amazing extreme expeditions! Soooo much more goes into getting his body ready for these events than just running lots (which he certainly does too!). Come learn from one of the best as to how attention to detail can make all the difference!
AND we'll also be screening a documentary based on the life of Caballo Blanco, a main character in Born to Run entitled Run Free - The True Story of Caballo Blanco after the speakers. To date, this is the only screening in Ontario and the reviews for this film have been amazing!!
For more information and tickets see:

http://www.speakerseries.solefit.ca.

Return to “General Running Discussion”