Bucket, for lack of a better term, list

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Dstew
Bill Crothers

Bucket, for lack of a better term, list

Postby Dstew » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:39 pm

I have been thinking about what I want to do that would be fun in training to do.

I have never done a duathalon and there are three types in Calgary area I would like to do. They would be more of the sprint variety.

Footstock - road running, road bike, road running.

Exterra: Canmore - trail race, mountain bike, trail race.

Blitz - Trail, road bike, trail.

Night Run - won an entry but the race was cancelled due to a severe thunderstorm last year.

MEC spring 100 K ride - Bar U Ranch and south. Although may not technically be a "bucket list" as I can see myself doing that more then once.

Drumheller Medio - 100 K ride

Highwood Pass Gran Fondo - 135 K Waiting for registration to open

Banff Medio - 90 K Waiting for registration to open.

MEC 160 K ride to the Highwood pass from the South. Going forward, doing the 100 K ride.

Calgary Marathon weekend 10 K - at one time I could have said I have now run ever distance offered but as they have the 150 K event, I can say I ran all of the traditional events and the 50 K. Registered.

Sporting Life 10 K - run down Bow Trail. Registered.

Off the list:

New York, Chicago, Big Sur marathons. No longer running marathons.

Banff, Drumheller and Kootenay Gran Fondos. Cost and the hassle of accommodations, cost of the event and the training commitment. I do want to do one 100 mile ride in my life but at $45 and sleep in my own bed v $500 at least when hotels and everything else is considered, a no brainer for me.

Potential:

Powderface half - twice injury has resulted in a DNS. Not sure if the universe is attempting to send me a message.

A mountain bike race - need to see how much I like mountain biking and where.

Mothers Day - it has been ten years and do it one more time with the "new' route.

Return to “General Running Discussion”