Canadian Cross Country Championships 2018

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

rickybobby
Percy Williams

Canadian Cross Country Championships 2018

Postby rickybobby » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Hey gang! I was in Kingston this weekend for the Canadian Cross Country Championships! Here's the recap:

Weather: 2c with a feels like temp of -6c due to 35km winds (gusts up to 50km). Slightly Icy terrain for the Masters but we chopped it up well enough to make it more reasonable for the Seniors, U20 and U18 groups. Those who have run the Fort Henry course have confirmed its reputation for being tough. As my first XC race, I can confirm that it is distinctly different from a road race.

The nice thing about the Masters event is that anyone can sign up but only if your ego can handle finishing last in your age group. I was 37th of 38th....yep it was humbling. It's like playing pick up hockey with a bunch of ex NHLers.

The highlight of the race was Brogan MacDougall who finished the season undefeated! She was this year's OUA champion, U Sports champion, U Sports rookie of the year and U Sports athlete of the year. She's an Engineering student at Queen's.
https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/run ... ndefeated/

Windy
It's never too early to taper or to carbo load.

Jgunning

Re: Canadian Cross Country Championships 2018

Postby Jgunning » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Darn... I wish I’d known you were racing! I went to watch the Senior Women and Men (it was a mud bath by then!). I love watching XC on the hill.. it’s a great course for spectators!

rickybobby
Percy Williams

Re: Canadian Cross Country Championships 2018

Postby rickybobby » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Hey JoJo! Actually I'm remiss for not getting in touch when I came to town. Stay tuned though, I'll connect with you on LinkedIn if my daughter chooses Queens for next September. If so, I'll be in town more often. However, you'll have to buy coffee because I'll be broke! :D :( :D :(
It's never too early to taper or to carbo load.

Return to “General Running Discussion”