Tell me the truth

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site

What do you think about the non-forum sections of the site?

I never use them and wouldn't miss them
88%
I use them occasionally
9%
I use them regularly and we should keep them
3%
I only use certain pages (tell me below which ones)
No votes

Total votes: 33

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Re: Tell me the truth

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Darth Tater wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:
drghfx wrote:We should have a complete section on running bras with photos, videos, before and after pictures etc.

-10 beers :twisted: :twisted:

It's OK, I got you covered man. +10 beers. :wink:

that still leaves him at 0. :lol:
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:20 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Darth Tater wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:
drghfx wrote:We should have a complete section on running bras with photos, videos, before and after pictures etc.

At least he's out of the hole! :lol:
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

kab
Bruce Kidd

Postby kab » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:39 pm

As a relative newbie....when I first joined I looked at all the content such as race reviews, running routes, etc, etc but noticed they were all old and outdated so have never checked them out since. I do look for race reviews when I am thinking of going away to a race I've never been to before so I think that is the only other content I would like to have. Since the dawn of Google Earth I have not had any problem finding a running route.
Oct 26, 2014 Vancouver Rock and Roll Half
Feb 22, 2015 Hypothermic half wave 1

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:38 am

That new routes section looks good. Good idea. I agree that threads should have a uniform title format... Province-City-Route Name-Distance or whatever. Maybe enforce a "no new topics that aren't specific routes" rule, so it doesn't get overwhelmed with I Saw A Turtle In Taylor Creek Park!!!! threads or I Keep Seeing A Creepy Guy Running Along The Ottawa River And He Has Blond Hair And Blue Eyes And Looks Like Bill Clinton Had A Baby With Jon Kitna And Dutch From Karate Kid!!! threads.

Personally I wouldn't divide it up by province because I don't think it will have enough activity to need that, and an index page with subfora that have 3 or 4 threads apiece looks sad and stale.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:22 am

I'm hoping that the emptiness will encourage more people to post routes. :P

We could do by region if they stay too empty, but I want to try it like this for now.

I haven't conferred with the mods on this yet, but I'm hoping they'll help out with reminding people about uniform subject lines and keeping things on topic.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 am

Darth Tater wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
Darth Tater wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

At least he's out of the hole! :lol:

Thanks Darth! You're much nicer than that mean Hula lady!
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 am

ultraslacker wrote:I'm hoping that the emptiness will encourage more people to post routes. :P

We could do by region if they stay too empty, but I want to try it like this for now.

I haven't conferred with the mods on this yet, but I'm hoping they'll help out with reminding people about uniform subject lines and keeping things on topic.

I'll do my part making sure threads stay on topic! Now can we get back to the running bra section?
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:25 pm

I just use the forum, but when I first searched for a forum, I landed on the home page and then found the forum.

Nothing happens when I click the routes button (it has a second square on top of it). Not that I need to know Canadian routes or anything.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Spirit wrote:Nothing happens when I click the routes button (it has a second square on top of it). Not that I need to know Canadian routes or anything.

Don't click on the square...just click on the word Routes as per usual. The extra square just means there are sub-fora for different regions inside that forum.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Nick wrote:
Spirit wrote:Nothing happens when I click the routes button (it has a second square on top of it). Not that I need to know Canadian routes or anything.

Don't click on the square...just click on the word Routes as per usual. The extra square just means there are sub-fora for different regions inside that forum.

oh....duh!
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”