Getting there....>>>

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Getting there....>>>

Postby KaTyBrown » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:24 am

HipHipHooray.......Physiotherapist says I will be back on the road by mid-November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great improvement (even though still a bit sore) but lifted 8lbs on my ankle for knee strenthening y'day without a problem.

Look out world, I am coming back!
Let's just hope the ortho-guy agrees :)
Karen

:dance: :clap:
Yea!!!!!
No brace - no cane! Getting better, swelling almost all gone in the left knee and the physiotherapist told me no more brace/cane. She does not want me to become dependent upon the cane as it will eventually lead to limping and not walking straight. The brace will not let my muscles become stronger. The left leg muscles have disappeared into the unknown.... :shock: I can now lift 3lbs weight - whoopee!! :)
Considering I was lifting 30lbs of kids last week 3lbs is nothing. :lol: haha

Seriosuly though, I am feeling much better but have been told not to rush it as I did have a serious enough injury compounded by osteo-arthritis. So will listen (hard though!) and go to physio 2x a week for next few weeks.

Have a great day, I am heading to the hospital to do my regular volunteering with Alzheimers and long term patients.

Karen
Last edited by KaTyBrown on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:44 am

That's great news!
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:55 am

Way to go Karen.... that is wonderful news to hear!

And remember to listen to the doc... take it easy & don't be doing too much too soon... You've been pretty patient so far, just a bit longer.. :wink:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:15 am

Can physiotherapists hurt you? Since Friday my knee is driving me insane with pain. The ligament on the right side is swollen I can see it. I have been icing it and did not exercise it yday bec on Sunday had the family for dinner and was on my leg quite a bit but tried to sit when I could - ask Heather she saw me wincing when I got up from the table.

Okay so I am a whimp! but it hurts!
She better take it easy on me today..... :cry:

Well, I am about to give up on physio....every time I return home, seems it hurts more. I ice it faithfully and this morning is another session. I explained to her that it hurts and I notice myself limping again. She said that this is the time to come to get physio when it hurts not when it is feeling better. Is this right? :? Do any of you know, I am really confused now as to what I should or shouldn't do. Your advise/comments would be appreciated. tks.

deb
Bill Crothers

Postby deb » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:14 am

I've never been to physio, but wanted to say, I hope you feel better soon!
somedays, even my lucky rocketship undies don't help

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:18 am

KaTyBrown wrote:Can physiotherapists hurt you? Since Friday my knee is driving me insane with pain. The ligament on the right side is swollen I can see it. I have been icing it and did not exercise it yday bec on Sunday had the family for dinner and was on my leg quite a bit but tried to sit when I could - ask Heather she saw me wincing when I got up from the table.

Well, I am about to give up on physio....every time I return home, seems it hurts more. I ice it faithfully and this morning is another session. I explained to her that it hurts and I notice myself limping again. She said that this is the time to come to get physio when it hurts not when it is feeling better. Is this right? :? Do any of you know, I am really confused now as to what I should or shouldn't do. Your advise/comments would be appreciated. tks.

hmm... might want to get a second opinion. Physio should be making you BETTER, no WORSE. It is supposed to hurt... but not like that!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:31 am

klewlis wrote:
KaTyBrown wrote:Can physiotherapists hurt you? Since Friday my knee is driving me insane with pain. The ligament on the right side is swollen I can see it. I have been icing it and did not exercise it yday bec on Sunday had the family for dinner and was on my leg quite a bit but tried to sit when I could - ask Heather she saw me wincing when I got up from the table.

hmm... might want to get a second opinion. Physio should be making you BETTER, no WORSE. It is supposed to hurt... but not like that!

Actually, yesterday and today have been the best two days for walking in about two months :D I can kneel and then stand up :o Maybe, just maybe, I have turned the corner on the healing......

Will see what happens tomorrow at 9am physio ..

tks bye 4 now.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:56 pm

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery!

Keep us posted.

Colleen

Return to “Walking”